Quantcast

friday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
listening to new psychic ills...throwing in some wooden shjips/moon duo for good measure...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fuckit friday cancelled due to interwebs outage at home last night so no work done, plus 10yo has last day of school today and i have to pick him up at 1. fuck!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yo yo yo.

Brought the bike and all my gear to work, heading straight to the bike shop after work to grab a new helmet and then to the trails. yay.

Hopefully no trail obstructions this time...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy GDIFriday! Since the tri bike is on the DL with a busted wheel, I took the road bike out last night. 20 miles at 18.6 mph, and I was happy to see my newfound speed this year can't be fully credited to the tri bike (last year, 17 mph was a strong ride). Aaaaaanyway, 4 mile run done at the asscrack of dawn this morning, and an open water swim planned after work, weather permitting. It's supposed to rain though and I don't want to get wet.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Test rode a Trek Remedy last night, too long and steep for my tastes. Perhaps I'll go to the shop at lunch to get my grubby hands on a Transition Scout or Patrol and see what Knolly has to offer.

Packing up the truck tonight to go spend the weekend in the woods.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rode in the woods last night, drank a few beers when done and then ate fajitas. Mission complete.

10 years ago a few of us in this area started a yearly tradition of the 666 ride. On the 6th day of the 6th month you do 6 laps and climb 6000 ft. It doesn't always happen on the 6th, but on the closest weekend day, which is the 5th this year. So tonight I have some trail work to do to prep for Sunday's Satanic Slaughter fest. This is what happens when you grow up on Maiden and Priest.

@Adventurous Scouts are bad ass bikes. Ride one if you can.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
raining here. good for the hops. june 3rd and they're already taller than 10 feet.

this mornings breakfast burrito was leftover hawaiin fried rice, some carne asada, pepper jack cheese, some sweet potato tots, and a fried egg. much better than i was expecting.

leaving for vacation tomorrow.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today is essentially my Wednesday. Working this weekend, academic all day on Monday. Hmph.

Ride in Golden planned for next weekend, though!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...an open water swim planned after work, weather permitting. It's supposed to rain though and I don't want to get wet.
Am I missing something here?

Happy day before I depart Cali to all...only have one bike and the Frau wont let me ride it. "You cant get hurt now..." Blahblahblah...gotta go pack the truck.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I had a nice, moderate workout of 15 minutes each on the rower, eliptical and treadmill and kept the HR under 120 so that I can enjoy a short road ride tonight and save my legs for 2 or 3 hours of XC on Saturday.

I'm going to try and get to work by 9:30 today and make it at least til noon...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Today is gonna be better.

Details?
I know of no details other than I'm showing up and meeting you schmoes. :D Golden Bike Shop doesn't open until 10 so meeting around 11 perhaps?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bought lumber and 1# box of deck screws yesterday to build bike racks for our fleet.

Just discovered I bought torx head deck screws...ffs

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I know of no details other than I'm showing up and meeting you schmoes. :D Golden Bike Shop doesn't open until 10 so meeting around 11 perhaps?
Do you know what bike you're demoing?
We can ride a bunch from GBS; all climby and likely crowded on a Sunday afternoon.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Medium Bronson lined up for me. 24.5" top tube seems plenty. Modern bikes have gotten looong, apparently.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Rode in the woods last night, drank a few beers when done and then ate fajitas. Mission complete.

10 years ago a few of us in this area started a yearly tradition of the 666 ride. On the 6th day of the 6th month you do 6 laps and climb 6000 ft. It doesn't always happen on the 6th, but on the closest weekend day, which is the 5th this year. So tonight I have some trail work to do to prep for Sunday's Satanic Slaughter fest. This is what happens when you grow up on Maiden and Priest.

@Adventurous Scouts are bad ass bikes. Ride one if you can.
I fingered the Scout and it was a bit steep for my tastes, Patrol was much more my speed. But then again this was all in the parking lot so not a completely fair evaluation.

Your name doesn't happen to be Justin?