friday gfmt

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Coldest morning of the winter so far.
-22c (-8 Freedum)

Girlfriend turns 50th today.
I'll be baking her a nice lemon pie and get some authentic Mexican takeout later.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I have to go into the office today to swap out the network card in my test box. Trying to get some test coverage on this release before it goes out. I didn't get much planning around it and I still don't get a lot of it, but I will do what I can and hope for the best. It honestly can't be any worse than previous releases, but that's a pretty low bar.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

WORK GOD DAMMIT

Got VIP tickets to the UFC fight here in Toronto tomorrow. I don't want or even really know much about it, but will go to see whats up anyways. Free beer right? I just have to sit through some vendor demo thing at the start.

Anyways, coffee'ing it now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Was up early, so I tried to be a good doobie and get my truck inspected. Nope, apparently you now need to make an appointment. I suppose this is both a good and a bad thing.

So instead I shall now schedule an appointment and inconvenience myself at a later date.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

WORK GOD DAMMIT

Got VIP tickets to the UFC fight here in Toronto tomorrow. I don't want or even really know much about it, but will go to see whats up anyways. Free beer right? I just have to sit through some vendor demo thing at the start.

Anyways, coffee'ing it now.
just boo the fuck out of strickland....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Was up early, so I tried to be a good doobie and get my truck inspected. Nope, apparently you now need to make an appointment. I suppose this is both a good and a bad thing.

So instead I shall now schedule an appointment and inconvenience myself at a later date.
there is a local towing place that does inspections....i do not think a inspection has taken more than 15 minutes in the last 19 years of living here.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
there is a local towing place that does inspections....i do not think a inspection has taken more than 15 minutes in the last 19 years of living here.
Consider yourself lucky then. Inspections here have gotten a bit ludicrous. Every station has a live camera feed to the RMV, where they can be watched and reprimanded at any point in time.

They also passed a law last year that stops people from stretching their inspection stickers, but that stuck a lopsided portion of the population with a January inspection date. So now it's a gargantuan pain in the balls fighting with the masses to get an inspection done.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
They also passed a law last year that stops people from stretching their inspection stickers, but that stuck a lopsided portion of the population with a January inspection date. So now it's a gargantuan pain in the balls fighting with the masses to get an inspection done.
I know, they're cheating me out of $39 every 12 years. #sad! I always went a month late and kept pushing my sticker, eventually planning to come full circle and cash out my one year free inspection

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@Toshi ....trumpet....how..?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Im talking about a place where the beer flows like wine and the women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano

Hopefully today is the day I can get this big ass uhual out to a highway and be on my merry way, already had the contract extended 7 days

in other news,

one more cleanup trip with a trailer and dis place will be a memory

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I know, they're cheating me out of $39 every 12 years. #sad! I always went a month late and kept pushing my sticker, eventually planning to come full circle and cash out my one year free inspection
Gotta play the long game right? My older brother had that game mastered and was running at a 2 stickers ever 3 years rate.

I've never intentionally extended my inspection sticker, but I have inadvertently done so.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:rofl:

have a nice day.
that's actually a cute pun wrt the affect vs effect question yesterday
@Toshi ....trumpet....how..?

that's called circular breathing. he saves it up in his mouth by puffing his cheeks and then pushes that bit into the trumpet as he breathes in through his nose. a cool trick it is.

(the playing the same note with pressing the valve is because he's playing a written E atop the staff, which can be played from the E partial open or from the G partial with either 1-2 or 3 pushed down.)

/me is WFH today. minivan decided to have its hybrid system flip out after getting recall work and reflashed yesterday so I wasted my time riding (paid for by Chrysler at least) rideshare vehicles in traffic, and they still have it. so that means I'm taking my Baby Aya into preschool on the cargo bike despite it being 13 Freedoms. full baby snowsuit + balaclava for her.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gotta play the long game right? My older brother had that game mastered and was running at a 2 stickers ever 3 years rate.

I've never intentionally extended my inspection sticker, but I have inadvertently done so.
In Virginia I wouldn't bother with an inspection sticker until I got a ticket for it. You had 30 days to fix without penalty, I would usually go 3 years between inspections. Even the most honest places would ding you for some fake issues so they could extract a few dollars out of you so I would put on a pair of rotted out windshield wipers before hand and just have them replaced.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Friggin woke up to a blanket of snow and also my neighbors 100lb husky dog chasing my turkeys. The tom is pretty fucked up at this point but appears to be flying and running. He won't let me catch him and he's not leaving a blood trail so I am hoping he just had a bunch of feathers ripped out. My biggest concern is him getting too cold now that he's lost a bunch of insulation.

The dog will be buried when the ground thaws.