Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning

It's another beautiful day here in central NC. Temps in the 80's and sunny as the top of the egg. Not much happening yesterday. Played with Colin out in the yard until dark, and then started working on dinner. Got finished in time to check out "LOST" and hit the sack.

Got some trail time planned after work today. The weekend looks nice. May hop back in the boat and do some more fishing.

Y'all have a good one!

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
it's 615 here and i've been up since 445...there was a really intense storm going through the area and the tornado sirens were going off...the wind was some of the strongest wind i've seen in a long time...now i'm gonna go walk my dog around before i go to work to see if there was any damage. there was reports from the city next to us that there was trees down and power lines down too

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The weather is going to freakin SUCK this weekend. :plthumbsdown: No riding for us, so I guess it'll be more pedaling on the spin bike (45 min yesterday).

We got our new front door and screen door put in yesterday. Man, it looks so much nicer than the old one. Now we just need our window guy to come over and do all those.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
morning. had a good ride yesterday. weather was awesome. we're winding down a 2-day open house extravaganza at work and I'm totally stoked it's Friday.

My county is having a master gardener's meet tomorrow. they'll be selling off plants and flowers and doing how-to's and sharing techniques. I'm getting old and nerdy I guess...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
overcast and rainy here. got meetings all morning. Oh well... may put a new roof on my shed this weekend.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
BBQ and drinks at mine tonight.
Sun is out and its hot.
Who's coming?
I'm there ... I'll bring chips!

Good morning and TGIfrigginF everyone.
Weather is going to suck balls this weekend so it'll be mindless busy work and stationary spinning for me, that and the bbq at Damo's. I'd better get driving...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Bad weather, whatever!

Yo all. Doin' my job today, then home early to pack the car and head on out for DH race #1 of the season - Plattekill. Of course it is supposed to pour on Sunday, but I wouldn't expect less! Last time I had a dry race there was May 2007. Stayed up late last night scraping the mud off my R9 (to only get it covered again by tomorrow afternoon!), packing all my (rain)gear, etc.

Have a good day all.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
morning monkeys. let's see...

weight training at the gym (day 1) + trail riding (day 2) = SORE quads!!!

d*mn my legs are so sore it hurts just to get up from a sitted position. (that doesn't sound right but you get the idea) :biggrin:

things are better with my daughter today. we had a good long talk after school yesterday. and i will just continue to monitor her and keep the lines of communication open as best possible...which ain't easy with a 13 yo.

tomorrow she goes to her very first concert ever. she's extremely excited. little does she know that i found out last night about this concert (http://mayhemfest.com/tourdates.html). just happens Slipknot (her fav band) will be playing in Dallas July 25...and we will be there finally...3 weeks by then. i've got to figure out who i can get to watch my son...and i'm gonna surprise my daughter with those tickets once we get there.

other than that...headed for the gym all weekend...weather dictates no rides.

have a great Friday Monkeys!!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
BB good to hear you and your daughter are on a high, for now. heh heh heh.

Good morning everyone. It is nasty here today too. Today is the opening day of our fitness center at work and since I am a wellness crusader, I'll get to spend most of the day there, for the orientation session.

We are going to look for kayaks at lunch so really I won't be working hardly at all today, and I can't complain about that.

And I am still winning the presidential challenge.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Short day for me. Leaving at noon. Dropping the car off at the tint shop and then heading to my mom's to help her do a few things around the house. Not much planned for the weekend as the weather will be ify at best here as well. Daughter has her first softball game Sat. night @ 6, that should be fun. Maybe out for dinner and ice cream after? No idea... Probably start to get stuff together for the trip next week.

TGIF people! :thumb:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

going to the gym for some lifting now. then i'll be studying for my film studies final that i have later.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Mornin'. Good day working from home yesterday, new laptop up and running. Snuck out for a long lunch to do a couple of runs on the DH bike. Gotta get used to that thing again!

Son's orchestra concert last night went well, very entertaining! he moved up to Violin I at the last minute so he was stoked.

Getting ready to depart Sunday for a 11 day business trip to *cough* Hawaii*cough*

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I saw Iron Man this morning. It was good but I think the Dark Knight will kill it.

Going back to sleep now.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Mornin monkeys. I hit the books early this morning and plan to head up to Mountain Lake resort (where Dirty Dancing was filmed) to scope out some possible new trail opportunities. They're apparently looking to expand their mountain biking program to include a pumptrack, DJ's, and a freeride trail. No complaints from my end! Should be a pretty nice day weather wise as our bad weather comes tomorrow.

Have a good'n monos!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - went for a really fun ride last night at Tyler Mill in Wallingford, CT - some fun singletrack in there. I'd never ridden there before so it was cool to ride new terrain. Post Ride Pizza and then home to watch some of the Detroit vs. Colorado playoff game. Holy crap Detroit just steamrolled over Colorado - no contest!

Was thinking of playing hooky today to go for another ride, but weather sucks so here I am in the office. Was hoping to ride Nassahegon tomorrow at 10 with a good group from www.crankfire.com but it might be a rain out. Crap!

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Morning all. Whether looks iffy for the weekend. I did a short 15 mile road ride last night in the rain. It was a light rain, though, so it wasn't all that bad.

Some @sshat stole my Camelbak out of my car yesterday!!!!!!! WTF????!!!!! WHY???? Who steals a freaking CAMELBAK??????!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

BB, glad to hear things are getting back on track with your daughter. What a cool dad to take her to a concert!! She'll appreciate that!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin monkeys. I hit the books early this morning and plan to head up to Mountain Lake resort (where Dirty Dancing was filmed) to scope out some possible new trail opportunities. They're apparently looking to expand their mountain biking program to include a pumptrack, DJ's, and a freeride trail. No complaints from my end! Should be a pretty nice day weather wise as our bad weather comes tomorrow.

Have a good'n monos!
NOBODY puts baby in a corner!!!

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
BB, glad to hear things are getting back on track with your daughter. What a cool dad to take her to a concert!! She'll appreciate that!
actually...we're divorced and he's currently gigging some place in PA this weekend. she's going with two other girls and their mom. i would have loved to take her but someone has to watch her brother. i'm just glad she's going. it'll be an experience for her i'm sure. and hopefully once we move to Texas i can take her to see Slipknot and really make her year.

thanks Mudgirl and Laura for your words of encourgement.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning All

Went mountain biking last night for a couple hours. The trails feel so fresh and new to me after a winter of skate skiing and what not. Feels and smells good to be out in the pine needles and blooming manzanita!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all. Short day at work for me after a VERY long and hectic night last night that found me sitting on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere (literally) with 1 bar of cell service and a broken-down rental car. Needless to say, mama monkey was not happy and filed a lengthy complaint about said car company!

Weather is crap here...cold with off & on rain so I am doubting our ride will be on at 6pm...I may just start drinking now to overcome the stress of the week :cheers: