Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

It's Friday.........but that means nothing to man who hasn't a job. :huh:

I've been a little under the weather.....fighting off some cold Colin is determined to try and give me. I loaded up on Tylenol last night---strange dreams abounded, but I do feel better this morning. We're supposed to be doing some big-bike thingy at the BMX track this evening. It rained yesterday, so I'm wondering if things will be dry enough to ride.

Hope you guys have a great weekend. It will be a lot of digging and riding for me....looks like a beautiful couple of days ahead.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Hopefully, one of us will be home when UPS tries to deliver our bikes. We would like to have them for Monkeyfest because they have the KT passes on them. If not, then we will figure something out.

Today I'm supposed to go look at some houses. I may go home early, I have a splitting headache from my sinuses being all stopped up.

Monkeyfest this weekend! :banana:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Heading up to Vermont in a bit. Planning for a noon arrival at Monkey Base Camp. HOORAY!!

Paul, if you guys do have backup bikes, the KT office will give you new passes...no problem.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Leaving for Monkeyfest in just a little while, it's going to be one hell of a weekend for me...

KT today and tomorrow

Bromont on Sunday

Hiking up Camel's Hump on Monday

Safe travels for everyone this weekend.
:cheers:

And, since it's Friday...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

the weather up here is quite nice and i believe it will stay quite nice for all of you coming up for monkeyfest.

should be a good weekend. going to the adirondacks with some friends on sunday to climb the gothics arch, which is a 7 pitch 5.6 climb up the side of gothics mountain. should be a long day with a 6 mile approach and then a 9-10 mile hike out.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Packing has begun and we'll be dropping Syd off right after work on our way to Monkeyfest. Not sure what time we'll be rolling in...probably 9pm after our stop at Long Trail :cheers: We can get into the lodge after 2pm folks! See you all soon and travel safely!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning, today is my Friday! Good weekend ahead, me and Mountain Drew are planning a mini-monkey fest since we can't get up there. We're riding White Clay in DE, supposedly a real fun place to ride, then a stop at Victory brewery on the way home. A road ride Sunday, followed by all day climbing on Monday equals a great weekend.

Be safe at the MF, everybody have a good weekend and we'll see you Tuesday!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Oh yeah, I went to the Chiro last night and he did a bunch of muscle tests and then stretched me and we're trying one option (that my left hip socket might be out of place and that's what's causing the pain) so I am wearing a belt thing today and have another appointment afterschool tonight.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning all!

I have a wedding to go to in Toledo Ohio over the weekend so looks like this weekend is shot! Just so you know yes it is an open bar, and I would still rather be diggin trails or ridin with my MF'er friends! Have a good one all you MF'ers, G-hound, good luck diggin and ridin!

one of the custodians opened one of my windows last night while "cleaning" (which is actually sitting in my comfy padded task chairs and watching TV.) The F'er never shut it. I walked into my room this morning and it was ~ 40 degrees! :disgust: Now I am running my T-shirt dryer to try to heat up the room. :disgust1:

Treesaw, how did the Chiro appt. go?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
have a great time @ the KT, monkeys.

i watched a bit of the baseball game before going to sleep...i got a good rest and needed it. too many late nights lately.

decided to pass on heading to Portland ME for the weekend (rental rates are too pricey) and i got an assignment to shoot the reunited Feelies show this saturday anyway, so that should be fun. haven't seen them since '89 or so.

hopefully i will get in a nice road ride too; hit spin class this morning to try to get to some semblance of fitness...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Hope you guys have a blast.

I have 4 days off after today, but quite a bit to get done between now and then. Walleye and Smallmouth fishing tomorrow morning though.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Oh yeah, I went to the Chiro last night and he did a bunch of muscle tests and then stretched me and we're trying one option (that my left hip socket might be out of place and that's what's causing the pain) so I am wearing a belt thing today and have another appointment afterschool tonight.
T, I had a knee and ankle issue a bunch of years back... I went to a surgeon to look at my knee for possible surgery... he told me it was fine, but the damn thing would lock up on me and was super painful.

My friend said why don't you go to see my friend John who is a chiro. I had been to 2 others before and as far as I was concerned they were both Quacks. I kept an open mind and went. He did a bunch of tests started to chuckle and told me that my hips were out of place. He pulled out all the stops when adjusting me, and I walked out feeling like a new man. I went months without my knee and ankle locking up.

another time I threw my back out (slipped a disk) and couldn't move... Heck I couldn't sit still, couldn't move, couldn't lie down NOTHING! It even took me over 45 minutes to walk down 22 steps to my car. I got to his office and it took me another 30 minutes to get out of my car and into his office. I was in some serious pain! He did some tests and figured out what was wrong. He did a few adjustmens and by the time he was done, I was walking upright etc. I was even able to walk up and down stairs. It was the only time I ever walked into a Dr.'s office in pain or sick, and walked out cured!

as I said if you get a good one, they are worth their weigh in gold! a bad one isn't worth their weight in salt!

Sep 19, 2008
Central Alamance County
Morning,
How can you tell a good Chiro from a bad one? I have a herniated disk in my neck that was cured by physical therapy after a chiro worked on it and made it worse. I since landed on my head, cracking a fullface, and have pain daily. I had it x-rayed because I thought it was broken, it wasn't. The doc now says I have arthritis in my neck and thats why it hurts, I'm only 44 arthritis? really? Said I should give up dirt jumping, yea right! I'm ready to have cortisone injected, anything to relieve the nagging pain. Maybe I should just self medicate with street drugs and live with it:brows:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
G'Morning

My GF and I are leaving for Tahoe this afternoon. Her dad is getting remarried, so off we go. Its snowing up there appearantly, yuck!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
T, I had a knee and ankle issue a bunch of years back... I went to a surgeon to look at my knee for possible surgery... he told me it was fine, but the damn thing would lock up on me and was super painful.

My friend said why don't you go to see my friend John who is a chiro. I had been to 2 others before and as far as I was concerned they were both Quacks. I kept an open mind and went. He did a bunch of tests started to chuckle and told me that my hips were out of place. He pulled out all the stops when adjusting me, and I walked out feeling like a new man. I went months without my knee and ankle locking up.

another time I threw my back out (slipped a disk) and couldn't move... Heck I couldn't sit still, couldn't move, couldn't lie down NOTHING! It even took me over 45 minutes to walk down 22 steps to my car. I got to his office and it took me another 30 minutes to get out of my car and into his office. I was in some serious pain! He did some tests and figured out what was wrong. He did a few adjustmens and by the time he was done, I was walking upright etc. I was even able to walk up and down stairs. It was the only time I ever walked into a Dr.'s office in pain or sick, and walked out cured!

as I said if you get a good one, they are worth their weigh in gold! a bad one isn't worth their weight in salt!

I was pretty impressed with him. He wanted a full history of the pain, went through a bunch of options and I walked out feeling much better. I am going back tonight to make sure things are good (no charge too) and for another round of stretches and adjustments. Today is the first day in almost 2 weeks where I haven't lived dose-to-dose on advil!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I was pretty impressed with him. He wanted a full history of the pain, went through a bunch of options and I walked out feeling much better. I am going back tonight to make sure things are good (no charge too) and for another round of stretches and adjustments. Today is the first day in almost 2 weeks where I haven't lived dose-to-dose on advil!
that is great T!

Jeremy R,

THAT IS SOOOOO NOT TRUE!

:twitch:

Nice Guy Mike,

If I hadn't gone to the Chiro I have now, I would think that they were quacks! There are Chiro's that believe that a quick crack of the back for most people will help them out enough, and that they just need a quick crack a couple times a week. (I have heard them reffered to as "Straight Chiropractors") I think of them as quacks. :plthumbsdown:

Hear me out and don't think this is weird... but I started thinking about my body as a piece of machinery. Think of a bike... If you have a shifting problem, what is the reason? cable stretch? bent der. hanger? there has to be a reason for the malfunction and as a mechanically minded person I believe in finding the cause... as with any piece of machinery and speaking of the body, I think that for pain etc. there is a cause, and most PCP just use drugs to cover or mask the pain, where as a PT and a Chiro would look for the root cause and help straighten it out. Unlike the surgeon who prescribed pain killers and muscle relaxers for when my knee locked up!