Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
King hub pro-tip: Instead of the ring drive grease use synthetic 90wt gear oil in the hub. It is what King used to use but it caused problems in sub zero temps. It makes basic maintenance much easier. Pull the hub body off, drain the oil, spray in some WD-40 to clean things up, add new oil and you are done.

Nothing wrong with the ring drive grease, it just requires complete disassembly and lots of fiddly cleaning.
Is that a "thicker" oil? There are times when I do ride my bike in sub freezing temperatures... but I'm wondering if I can put a thick oil in for summer, and a thinner oil in for winter. This would require a twice yearly maintenance, which probably isn't a bad thing anyways....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Price point. I may have gotten then last one, I'm not seeing it o. Their site anymore. They still have the ones with the fox float
Ahh, good score. What was the final price w/ DB inline ? MSRP is $2450.

If I can ever scrape together the cash, I'm replacing my worn out V1. Banshee is giving me a pretty good deal on a new one.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh yeah, still a good deal. You're gonna love riding it. It's changed the way I ride considerably. The bike begs to be pushed hard in corners and pops off every little root and rock like a squirrel on Ritalin.
Yeah, it is such a great bike. I rode mine at Bromont once, and it handled almost everything with ease. I'll admit there were a few butthole pucker moments though...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yeah, it is such a great bike. I rode mine at Bromont once, and it handled almost everything with ease. I'll admit there were a few butthole pucker moments though...
First time down a proper Pisgah trail and only it's third ride, I had a similar experience. It feels so much like a DH bike, that you can easily forget it's not. But if you watch any of Banshee's riders tear up the North Shore on a Spitty then you realize what the bike is capable of.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh yeah, still a good deal. You're gonna love riding it. It's changed the way I ride considerably. The bike begs to be pushed hard in corners and pops off every little root and rock like a squirrel on Ritalin.
@jonKranked good choice. If you don't love that bike, there is something seriously wrong with ya :dance:
Yea I'm pretty pumped. Best part is only needed a new headset, everything else will swap right over from my current trail bike.