Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Need to wrap up a presentation for a design review in Seattle next week. Waiting on input from a bunch of co-workers, in other words I will get a bunch of half baked garbage thrown at me at the last minute and will have to BS my way through what should be a very detailed presentation.

In other news I will be hanging around Seattle for the remainder of the week on 'vacation'. First day of that vacation will include a job interview, second half will be re-connecting with a lady friend. So next week has potential for greatness and for giant fireballs of fail.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy Friday y'all.

I've been on this "diet" for about 2 months now and its going well. I've dropped down two notches (just about 3..) on my belt and am starting to feel pretty good. Tonight might just have to be my cheat night, after the post-work ride of course.

Heck, the change in diet might not even been the factor. I've pretty much completely stopped drinking beer for the last two months as well. The bong shed visits have been quite sparse as well.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Happy Friday y'all.

I've been on this "diet" for about 2 months now and its going well. I've dropped down two notches (just about 3..) on my belt and am starting to feel pretty good. Tonight might just have to be my cheat night, after the post-work ride of course.

Heck, the change in diet might not even been the factor. I've pretty much completely stopped drinking beer for the last two months as well. The bong shed visits have been quite sparse as well.
what makes your life worth living then?!?! You live in TO (not in the mountains), you don't drink beer, don't visit the bong shed, and deprive yourself of foods you like?! doesn't sound like "living" to me!

I had a terrific ride last night. Good food at the pub afterwards, got confirmation that my buddies bought their plane tickets for Sedona too, slept well. Gotta struggle through the day at the office and then... freedom. ok, well not really freedom. going to go visit my in-laws in MMike's neighbourhood. Hopefully we get back in time for a ride Sunday afternoon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
what makes your life worth living then?!?! You live in TO (not in the mountains), you don't drink beer, don't visit the bong shed, and deprive yourself of foods you like?! doesn't sound like "living" to me!
I ride my bike a lot? That must count for something. :busted:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This morning marks the last attempt to revive the Mac side of my Hackintosh. So far it is not going well, as expected!

On the upside, in looking through random backup folders I found a copy of my old server, toshiclark.com. Here are a few photos from there, some requested, some not.

(That's my ass dropping off Clown Shoes over a decade ago now...)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This morning marks the last attempt to revive the Mac side of my Hackintosh. So far it is not going well, as expected!

On the upside, in looking through random backup folders I found a copy of my old server, toshiclark.com. Here are a few photos from there, some requested, some not.

(That's my ass dropping off Clown Shoes over a decade ago now...)

the RX-8 looks so chubby. :thumb:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Up at 5am to ride. Ran into a friend so got some company. Windy and cold today and feels like fall. I miss summer already. I really should live in Socal.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Motivation deficiency today.

Spent a bit of time yesterday evening arsing around with the power window switch on my Mazda 3. Window goes down, but won't come back up. I could only get so far before a lack of tools halted the process. Torx 8 is friggin' tiny, but still too big to get the cover off the switch pod.

I think I'll take a crack at converting my currently unused front shifter into a control for my dropper. I broke my cable noodle, so if I'm going to be futzing with my dropper, I figure I might as well go full retard.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Window goes down, but won't come back up
I had the opposite problem on my car a while back with my front drivers side window . Turned out the clamps that pinch the bottom of the window weren't tight at all (likely left loose by the asshats that fixed my car after I got hit). Found that out the hard way when I put the window all the way "down" with the switch, yet the window stayed in place. Pull down on the window slightly with my palm only to have it free fall all the way down into the door.

As for your issue....how do you know it goes down fine (multiple times) if you can't get it up? (see what I did there?) Can you tell if it's an electrical issue or mechanical (hear motor running, etc)?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@Da Peach What year is your Mazda?

My Mazda started to do the same thing. The drivers side window would go down, but it wouldn't go up or I would have to assist it. It turned out that the window "track" near the speaker at the top of the door had rusted, split and was pinching the window. The pinching was causing the glass to rotate forward and bind.

Though I'm guessing yours is much newer and isn't plagued with the brown doom.

Pic of it....

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I had the opposite problem on my car a while back with my front drivers side window . Turned out the clamps that pinch the bottom of the window weren't tight at all (likely left loose by the asshats that fixed my car after I got hit). Found that out the hard way when I put the window all the way "down" with the switch, yet the window stayed in place. Pull down on the window slightly with my palm only to have it free fall all the way down into the door.

As for your issue....how do you know it goes down fine (multiple times) if you can't get it up? (see what I did there?) Can you tell if it's an electrical issue or mechanical (hear motor running, etc)?
I've had this problem for years now (yikes, I'm lazy). So, to say that it "won't" go back up is not quite accurate. It will eventually go back up, but only after about 20 attempts of pulling the switch using various different techniques to hopefully trick it into working. It's definitely electrical.

It's just getting worse, and I'm toying with selling it, so I figure it's time to actually do something about it.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
@Da Peach What year is your Mazda?

My Mazda started to do the same thing. The drivers side window would go down, but it wouldn't go up or I would have to assist it. It turned out that the window "track" near the speaker at the top of the door had rusted, split and was pinching the window. The pinching was causing the glass to rotate forward and bind.

Though I'm guessing yours is much newer and isn't plagued with the brown doom.

Pic of it....
Ha, mine's an 04, and from Quebec, and it shows...very "doomy". No pics handy, but my right rear wheel well is starting to warp with rust.

I've not pulled the interior driver door panel off (I really don't want to...), just popped out the switch pod.

In your case, did the motor actually make any noise when you tried to raise the window? Mine really seems like a switch issue. big-ted is going to swing by to test the switch this evening.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Went to office; boss isn't here, I could be working from the kitchen table. Friday fail.
Stopped for fucking awesome breakfast burrito, had to walk over syringe on sidewalk. Gotta love lower downtown!
skip down colfax on a balmy summer night...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ha, mine's an 04, and from Quebec, and it shows...very "doomy". No pics handy, but my right rear wheel well is starting to warp with rust.

I've not pulled the interior driver door panel off (I really don't want to...), just popped out the switch pod.

In your case, did the motor actually make any noise when you tried to raise the window? Mine really seems like a switch issue. big-ted is going to swing by to test the switch this evening.

Oh balls, Quebec eh. From what I remember the motor still made noises, it just refused to go all the way sometimes.

A switch would be the easy fix, hopefully it is just that.

FWIW, this is what one of my rear quarter panels looked like right before the car got crushed...

And to note, this was filled in with metal and repainted once before when I worked at the body shop. God knows what it would have looked like it I hadn't done that.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Oh balls, Quebec eh. From what I remember the motor still made noises, it just refused to go all the way sometimes.

A switch would be the easy fix, hopefully it is just that.

FWIW, this is what one of my rear quarter panels looked like right before the car got crushed...

And to note, this was filled in with metal and repainted once before when I worked at the body shop. God knows what it would have looked like it I hadn't done that.
Mine's not that bad, but it's headed in that direction. The sanctuary of western winters has slowed the decay.

Still need to get the check engine light turned off again, and a quick recharge of the A/C prior to sale.

It's still in great shape, actually. Only has about 160,000 kms on it.