Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I rode this morning. Stopped thinking about going fast right now. Back is a little sore and so it the left hamstring so I am just taking it easy and enjoying a little fall slowdown. Mother in law is flying back to Denmark tonight so I will get my bed back which should be magical.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I rode this morning. Stopped thinking about going fast right now. Back is a little sore and so it the left hamstring so I am just taking it easy and enjoying a little fall slowdown. Mother in law is flying back to Denmark tonight so I will get my bed back which should be magical.
Do you and your wife have separate beds? Or does she sleep with your wife while visiting and you get the couch?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you and your wife have separate beds? Or does she sleep with your wife while visiting and you get the couch?
Well this time she came with my wife's sister so we let them use our bed. No separate beds. So my wife and I slept on the couch. I have a air bed too but ended up not using it. Life in a New York apartment.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Friday!!! Camping and riding all weekend. Today is day 3 of me trying to enact GASB 68 at work. I feel stupid sometimes.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Sick kiddo up a bunch last night and the night before makes for a tired Toshi.

Tonight, after putting kids to sleep and practicing a bit of trumpet, I drive to Vail. Faculty/resident retreat there this weekend, which means 7a-1p stuff to do/sit through but a free hotel in Vail for two nights on the other hand.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had dinner with an old manager last night here in Seattle. He really wants me to work for him again. I am intrigued, will have to do the full corporate interview dance.

Have the day off today. Will go hiking with a friend who is also in town for work.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. Flying home later today, thanks to FSM and teh Jeebus,

Faculty/resident retreat there this weekend, which means 7a-1p stuff to do/sit through but a free hotel in Vail for two nights on the other hand.
Toshi.0 ... bring your bike, jes? you'd be crazy not to.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
at the Dressage Championships with my wife. Staying in the RV and watching her compete

Ruth kicked butt yesterday

CDS Am. 5 yr. old Futurity - First Level Test 1
judges (C) McClain, (B) Canace
Ruth Shirkey Wyleigh Princess 73.056%
Hilari Fleming Fabulous DSF 70.093%
Michele DeLuna Odessa 68.426%
Sandra Harper Freya DG 68.241%
Melissa Rogers Franklin Roosevelt 67.593%
Karen Erickson Brando 67.222%
Hanne Nouri Klosterhedens Sunita 65.648%
Diane Abraham Dasha 65.185%
Shareen Purcell Quintessential 64.074%

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Toshi.0 ... bring your bike, jes? you'd be crazy not to.
Call me crazy. I'm getting there probably at 11 PM tonight, have a stupid conference call at 3 PM tomorrow (yes, weekend conference call, gah), and am going to try to make it back for dinner/kids bedtime Sunday. Between that there's not much time.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Go work on trails. Force the child to dig. Kids love to dig.
Possibly. I've done it before. Our local trail that I work on is due, but the TC needs to flag a bunch of new lines before we can really do much more. Could go prune. kids love to destroy vegetation. One is always easier to manage than 2 though. And often when I take them it ends up something like this

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Possibly. I've done it before. Our local trail that I work on is due, but the TC needs to flag a bunch of new lines before we can really do much more. Could go prune. kids love to destroy vegetation. One is always easier to manage than 2 though. And often when I take them it ends up something like this
just call it a draw

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
New tyres (black ones, with knobbies) should be here today. Old tyres are quickly becoming a liability, many holes in awkward spots that sealant is not keeping sealed. Riding tomorrow, not sure where though. Maybe up high. Maybe down low. Probably not with SS.

...my wife's sister... our bed...
:brows:

...Today is day 3 of me trying to enact GASB 68 at work...
I don't know what this means...

Happy Friday!!! Camping and riding all weekend...
But I do this. Hell yeah!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
New tyres (black ones, with knobbies) should be here today. Old tyres are quickly becoming a liability, many holes in awkward spots that sealant is not keeping sealed. Riding tomorrow, not sure where though. Maybe up high. Maybe down low. Probably not with SS.
I can assure you not with me, being that there is soccer, soccer, marching band, soccer, and Scouts tomorrow. :dead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Losing limbs builds character.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Chainsaws and Bikes this weekend! Heading to Bellingham to FINALLY ride Galbraith Mtn!! :happydance:I've wanted to for years, but don't get up there much. Now that the biking-in-laws have a house up there, I'm getting my chance! I will be rude. :weee:

Sep 11, 2015
I am jelly of all you folks riding this weekend. I crashed my tits off on Sunday and finally was bothered enough to go to the clinic this morning. After some condescending and a couple neck x-rays, I've decided to catch up on chores before Mr. TRM comes home from Vegas. No shredding for me this weekend.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No riding today. "But why Angry, why no bikies ?", you ask.

Because I'm leaving tomorrow for three days in Pisgah. That's why.

Big street festival here this weekend, that I, and apparently a lot of others, was not told about. Festivals that are not arts related translates to zero traffic to my space. So off I go. It's been a long time since I last rode there and this is much needed mini vacation.

Hell yeah !!

Sep 11, 2015
No riding today. "But why Angry, why no bikies ?", you ask.

Because I'm leaving tomorrow for three days in Pisgah. That's why.

Big street festival here this weekend, that I, and apparently a lot of others, was not told about. Festivals that are not arts related translates to zero traffic to my space. So off I go. It's been a long time since I last rode there and this is much needed mini vacation.

Hell yeah !!
Lucky. Pisgah is siiiiiiiiiiick.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
buncha my *lucky* friends who aren't on mrmomman duty this weekend are meeting at the hub at 9 tomorrow to ride squirrel...you should join them. they're solid dudes.

also, don't believe the hype about how hard the climb up to farlow is...and how hard it is down. go tear dat chit up. or just do something involving avery and black.

orrrr...just go to wilsonzzzzzzzz

Last edited: