Quantcast

Friday GMT

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Last day before vacation, so indeed, my mailbox is getting filled with all sorts of high priority crap and emergencies that I haven't seen in weeks. We shall overcome, my plane leaves this evening.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rode bikes in the woods, drank a few beers and had the best homemade meatball pizza I have ever made myself last night. Think I am gonna need a doughnut to help me thru this morning.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Tire rotation and oil change last night on the ole steed. My neighbor was flabbergasted that I actually use a torque wrench when installing lug nuts. Do people not?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Working, then getting parts to do the brakes on the wagon tomorrow. Potential road ride to move the legs, probably not trail riding for a few more days.

on that note; day three .. pretty!

20170602_071907.jpg 20170602_071855.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work. Parking lot is oddly half empty here.

Dragging some serious ass now. Third consecutive night of being up until 2am. Tonight will be an easy local ride, dinner and then straight to bed. Lots of riding to this weekend...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My scheming for the CX bike continues. I think I'm going to start with a set of V-brakes, but get a frame and fork that can take disc for future upgrades.

I need to cut back my coffee intake, as it messes with my anti-twitch drugs. I have the headache from hell and nausea right now from w/d. Fuck caffeine addictions.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My scheming for the CX bike continues. I think I'm going to start with a set of V-brakes, but get a frame and fork that can take disc for future upgrades.

I need to cut back my coffee intake, as it messes with my anti-twitch drugs. I have the headache from hell and nausea right now from w/d. Fuck caffeine addictions.
Why not just go all in? I got a Giant Revolt 1 with carbon fork, what seem to be decent tires, hydraulic disc brakes for under $1500 with tax. That's Canadian pesos too, so probably about tree fiddy down there.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I slept in until 8AM today. 2 days of "vacation" left before a week in Dallas. Last night's thunderstorm dumped about a quarter inch so no ride today. I plan on getting packed today and leaving tomorrow free for a half day XC epic.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mornin!

Tire rotation and oil change last night on the ole steed. My neighbor was flabbergasted that I actually use a torque wrench when installing lug nuts. Do people not?
Nope. Done it enough times that "by feel" is sufficient. The feel part isn't about how much torque I apply but how torque to motion ratio changes. Bolts move easily as they take up slack, then put up more resistance as they pull the parts together, then even more resistance as they go into part compression bolt stretch mode. You stop a little after the third part.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why not just go all in? I got a Giant Revolt 1 with carbon fork, what seem to be decent tires, hydraulic disc brakes for under $1500 with tax. That's Canadian pesos too, so probably about tree fiddy down there.
upload_2017-6-2_9-3-47.png

Hard to beat that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Food truck Friday indeed. Going to try Stoopid Burger because I heard about them a few weeks ago and now they are at Rose Fest (across the street). Winning.

Checked my parts order, still in "awaiting fulfillment" and I ordered it all last Friday. So I sent an email and the response is "The item lead time is listed on the website. The lead time for your sticker kit is 5-7 days, so your order should ship Tuesday or Wednesday of next week." I guess I mistook the "In stock ready to ship" and 5-7 days as "item is in stock and will take 5-7 days to get" vs "item is in stock somewhere else and will take 5-7 days to get to us before we can ship to you". Order canceled.

Going to the LBS to get the brakes and tires, ordered a seat and sticker kit on ebay, should be here by Wednesday. I'll end up paying more, but oh well.

Also got J's (kid across the street) bike torn down and in paint stripper last night. He can't decide on a color, but I will get something figured out and his should be painted and back together to ride tomorrow.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the morning constitutional that has eluded me for two days made the rounds....time for a shower...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Stoked to ride today, tomorrow & Sunday.

We are in the tiny little window of trail-perfection right now. Two weeks ago trails here still had running water on them and in two weeks they will be dusty, chundery and full of brake-bumps. Now they are buff, tacky and terrifyingly fast!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Sunday is my first of three half ironman races this year. This one will be the hardest. 4000' of climbing on the 56 mile bike course, and 1000' of climbing on the 13 mile run course. But the only thing I am worried about is swimming in the 62 degree water. That is cold, man. At least it should be a sunny day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
To say it's raining right now would be an understatement. Thunderstorms turned up early today...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_5807.JPG

Snoozing with Yuna. I slept for a bit before this. She gets the special treatment because we are on eastern time and her nap is even early by that standard due to the wedding that we are attending imminently.