Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If I die before I wake, I pray to the [aging] indy punk as fuck gods my soul to take

Soon...

View attachment 180479

Not going to lie, having total PTSD about going to a show despite the fact that live music and pints are the two things I missed most during Covid corn-teen.

But it's a brand new [to me] venue and they appear to have old geezer seating up high.

Who doesn't love getting high?

View attachment 180480

just wear a mask....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
in NC. instead of going out to eat, we got Applebee's takeout and ate by the hotel pool (i went to get it while the kids swam, supervised by the missus). was a pretty long day in the car and the kids behaved themselves, so we let them swim to their hearts content. glad i grabbed a 6er from the grocery store too. star wars and showers, onward to the beach in the am.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
"Big Autopart" always trying to trick us into changing brake-pads when there's still life left in them, glad that guy sees through their charade.

Some people should not be allowed on the same roads as me, they're just not smart enough.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
"Big Autopart" always trying to trick us into changing brake-pads when there's still life left in them, glad that guy sees through their charade.

Some people should not be allowed on the same roads as me, they're just not smart enough.
This is not a road going vehicle and even then my work truck doesn't have inspection windows to monitor lining thickness, so to check them you have to whip the drums off, some people wait for the noise to change, hahaha!
Do you ever see disc brake pads on bike rides? I used to see the odd one at an intersection, the pad and rotor wear so much that they slip out and that's a bit worrying.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had to have a conversation with my optimistically deluded brother explaining that our father ain't gonna be around come winter.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well shit. Came around a corner on my way to work this weekends horse show and there was a bad head on wreck. Fire, EMS, CHP on scene. I know one of the drivers. He is doing a field sobriety test. He was awarded a pair of silver bracelets for his efforts. Dumbass had his family in the car. No injuries but the car he hit is totaled.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
This is not a road going vehicle and even then my work truck doesn't have inspection windows to monitor lining thickness, so to check them you have to whip the drums off, some people wait for the noise to change, hahaha!
Do you ever see disc brake pads on bike rides? I used to see the odd one at an intersection, the pad and rotor wear so much that they slip out and that's a bit worrying.
Actually now that you mention it, the only flat tire I’ve ever gotten on on my truck was from running over a brake pad. The number of random large bolts I see laying in the street that clearly came off a car while road riding is rather worrisome as well.

It’s actually amazing more people don’t die with the number of janky cars and trucks you see on the road daily.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Actually now that you mention it, the only flat tire I’ve ever gotten on on my truck was from running over a brake pad. The number of random large bolts I see laying in the street that clearly came off a car while road riding is rather worrisome as well.

It’s actually amazing more people don’t die with the number of janky cars and trucks you see on the road daily.
1994 — 2020 OECD per capita:

55546D45-5686-4243-A742-4A0D17E34037.jpeg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yessir. Relatively short drive from the valley, and not quite as crowded as the more popular beaches. Also, this place is here:

View attachment 180493
Nice! I raised hell down there from the Mid 70 through the mid 90s Climbing at Bishop peak and riding at Montana de Oro. I think the rangers and sheriffs hated us especially when a bunch of us were camped at Moro Bay State park and got baked. I don't think they liked a huge group of hippy climber folk cavorting naked on the golf course and having sex on the greens by moonlight

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Lazy ass day for me, nice for a change. Been so busy lately. Sky is blue, it seems we may be over the rain. We had the wettest July on record, and the first bit of August was like that too. My local bike shops want $20+ for a brake cable inner. :think:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

I picked up somebody's AC clutch a couple of weeks back, used to find the odd pair of scissors when on the bike.
Got a nice 12" shifting spanner a couple of years back, looked like it only bounced once.

Lately it has mostly been ratchet tie down straps on the road.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The only people around here who don't drive 20 MPH below the speed limit on the interstate seem to be people with mattresses tied to their roofs with little more than thoughts and prayers.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons