Solar Eclipse
Birthday - Marilyn Monroe (actress)
Anniversary - CNN
Anniversary - Heimlich Maneuver
Admission Day (Kentucky)
Admission Day (Tennessee)
Independence Day (Samoa)
International Children's Day (China)
Jerusalem Day (Yom Yerushalayim - Israel)

Quarry shot, so I'm out of the office for part of the day. BigT wants to go for a short ride this evening. She got a new chainring and wants to check it out.

Be safe out there.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Today is also MOM'S BIRTHDAY! HOORAY MOM!

I have the day off and deserve to be punched in the face for checking my work e-mail this morning. WHY do I do that???

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

It's finally Friday! Mowed the lawn last night so my allergies are destroying me at the moment. I haven't stopped sneezing since last night. Ugh, this time of the year sucks for me!

Looking like good chance of rain for a lot of the weekend so don't know if I'll get any riding in or not.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Morning monkeys!

Today is:
National Go Barefoot Day
Say Something Nice Day
Solar Eclipse
Birthday - Marilyn Monroe (actress)
Anniversary - CNN
Anniversary - Heimlich Maneuver
Admission Day (Kentucky)
Admission Day (Tennessee)
Independence Day (Samoa)
International Children's Day (China)
Jerusalem Day (Yom Yerushalayim - Israel)

Hello?? None of that matters being it's National DONUT day!!!

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/June/doughnutday.htm

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Exactly a week ago I was driving North to ride Pine Hills and Kingdom, today I am working on an important IS ssue - "the keyboard in the BW Conf room too noisy" :(

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Ugh, I gotta stop looking on Craigslist. Keep finding killer deals on bikes I don't need. Guess I can just flip them and the SECRETCOCONUTBIKEFUND will be even bigger.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys!

Had a good time at bike night last night even though I didn't ride (because my tags expired 2 months ago and I'm the jackass that didn't notice until yesterday). I thought I was bold rolling a Triumph but this dude rolled up on a Yamaha 150cc Scoot last night and I about died. He was welcomed with food and fit right in, all the fat Harley riders took turns posing for pictures on it, it was damn funny.

Squeeb, those shots are awesome. Not surprised to see snow on Santiam Pass, still.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also, see my post in the PAWN about those Southern Oregon counties. I wouldn't ride at night through them unless I had a sidearm ready. :panic:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
G'Morning, monkeys. Had a good ride last night, followed up with a couple delicious beers and good company. Today I'm hoping to get my DH fork serviced and then move in to a new office space. This will also necessitate purchasing a desk, an activity that I am not looking forward to really.

Looks like a dope trip!

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Good morning all!
Looks like an awesome bike trip! I miss those rides! I went with 4 guys from Seattle to Deadwood, SD over 9 days and had an amazing time! My R6 is currently awaiting a new chain and sprockets to be installed. Now that bike to work month is over I'm hoping to get some miles in on that bike!
And I'd like to say I'm pretty proud of my awesome biking family! Skibunny, myself and our 5 year old rode a total of 1108 miles in May! They both made it 100% of the time and I only missed one day! So here's a shout out to my 2 favorite bikers!! Way to go guys!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nice work on the Family bike action!

Now that I am not fat, I actually fit on the R6. It's tempting, but I already know the mods I want to do for the R1, an R6 would be starting from scratch. Such a fun bike, though.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good day.
Sitting at the airport in San Diego, waiting to go home. Flight is delayed, naturally.

Say, does anyone know what "San Diego" means? :hmm:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good day.
Sitting at the airport in San Diego, waiting to go home. Flight is delayed, naturally.

Saint James.

I rode my bike in this am. Thank Jeebus for casual Friday, as it would suck if I had to carry my slacks and shirt. Nothing special, just a 15.5 mile paved ride on the 29'er. Still feels great though.

I'm going to see about keeping a locker here at work with a few shirts and slacks, so that I can ride more.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Squeeb--AWESOME pics!! LOVE that 3rd one down of CO and the night sky, though I'm pretty sure there isn't a bad one in the lot, thanks for sharing!

Buffalo, thanks! :) The one day you didn't ride wasn't your fault though... you needed a new tire! And you still tried to ride in, so great work to you too :) and thanks JimmyDean!

Joker, DO IT! I have a couple drawers of clothes at work and it's a big help.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
One big issue here is no shower or lockers. Only one guy rides and I found out he's just up the road from me. I plan to ride once I get some new tires on the CX next week. Business casual sucks ass.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Not sure how you are going to scare anyone away with an airsoft rifle.

Decided to start Insanity again last night and back on the diet after way too much partying and beer these past few months. I hurt already then decided a nice mtb ride was a good idea today. This week is going to blow.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Joker, DO IT! I have a couple drawers of clothes at work and it's a big help.
I used to ride daily at one of my old jobs. That was 25 each way with serious hills, but I had an actual locker. Here leaving clothes in the office is weird, as I have to walk up into the office in my riding gear...

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Good day.

Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I used to ride daily at one of my old jobs. That was 25 each way with serious hills, but I had an actual locker. Here leaving clothes in the office is weird, as I have to walk up into the office in my riding gear...
I hear that. I'm pretty lucky because there is a vacant office with blinds and a door, so I have that to myself to change in and stash my bike inside. We also have locker rooms downstairs if needed.

Doing yard work. Cracked my coccyx at 'Nam a week ago and it does not like yard work. Or pedaling. Or situps.
Dude. I feel your pain. I never went to the doc for mine, but I swear I broke/cracked/somethinged mine a couple years ago and it took a year before it felt right again. I had to sit on one side of my ass for months.

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Nice work on the Family bike action!

Now that I am not fat, I actually fit on the R6. It's tempting, but I already know the mods I want to do for the R1, an R6 would be starting from scratch. Such a fun bike, though.

Thanks!
The R6 has been a great bike! It's the only new thing I've ever had. '99. I opted for the 600 instead of the R1 as it was my first bike. I wish I had an R1 now though! Always loved them!
What are your plans for your R1?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Whew, back from Hopkins with the wifey and another breast reconstruction surgery. She has a new boob to go along with me, the one she lives with! Also got a fvcking traffic ticket from Federal Way when I had a rental. $124 for right turn on red arrow. Goddamn Washington State stupid traffic rules.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yeah, should have made time to drink with you guys instead of working!

Next trip, I need a bike tour and beers.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Yeah, should have made time to drink with you guys instead of working!

Next trip, I need a bike tour and beers.
10-4! We're on it! There's even some decent trails in Federal Way! But some better ones in Issaquah... just let us all know when you're heading over here and we'll have a west coast mini monkey fest ;) ...or any of you primates for that matter! I'm right across the street from you when you land at the airport here :)