Quantcast

-- Friday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
No riding last night - spent some time tweaking the shifting on the 575 incase I ride over the weekend.

I've got some time tomorrow morning when I could ride, but most of the trails are still pretty well soaked from Ivan last weekend. The one set of trails that are dry are part of a state park, where I have to pay to get in. I hate paying to ride... but it's better than not riding so I'll probably suck it up and pay the park's entry fee. The trails there are very XC oriented... rough, techy in spots, lots of climbing without much real descending. The 575 is kind of overkill, so I may take the GT out.

Everyone else?

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Well I passed out on the couch around 10am yesterday and didn't wake up until 2:30 in the afternoon, so I missed my ride with Stuntmatty. I guess 2 hrs of sleep in the last 40 hrs just didn't cut it :dead:
The only reason I actually woke up was the doorbell ringing from the UPS guy dropping off the cheeta frame I bought off of jhusktrials from this site. I am heading downstairs into the shop now, so I can start building it :thumb:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Preparing the SS for tomorows big AllezY ride... we are up to 21 riders for the ride! Almost as much as MonkeyFest! :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
XC bike, solo...Pine Bush (some peolple dont like that place but it sure flows)...I felt good, did maybe 12 miles in a hour or so - my normal loop there is 15 but:

The trail people there are complete idiots! one section they came in with some kind of machinery any turned a slightly overgrown section of singletrack into a 8 foot wide trail!! and they closed another loop (maybe 3 miles) and this trail was built pretty good, and it was the most technical trail there!

This is the 3rd section of trail they have closed in the last 2 years, the main trails are way over used (bikers, runners, walkers) and over the years has become wider & wider, and the DH section are now gutter like....so they close the trails that are built right/in good shape and put more traffice on the already over used trails !?

did I ever mention the time I saw a trail person/guide skidding down a hill ?
I hardly ever see a trail person/guide but next time I do I am going to find out how I can get involved - I wonder if any of them have even heard of IMBA ??

splat

Nam I am
Did a Lunch time ride yesterday , 15 milees on the road.

But then I was worjkking on some one's work stationand was sitting on the floor movingthe system when I felt some thing bad in my Knee. Not sure what I did to it , but today it is all swollen up and an it hurts to walk. I am not happy about this. :( no riding today :( and I have a race on Sunday I think I am goingto have to skip :( I'll go down there for it , because it is the last race in the series , and even if I don't do the race I have enough Points to get 2nd Place in the series.

I f the point leader doesn't Show up , I'll do the race (really easy ) cause if I finish 10th it will give me enough points to take the lead again. But I bet he will.

J

JRB

Stupid lawn mower and yard work. :( Will have ride reports for Monday though.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Got in good evening ride. Maybe and hour and half which is plenty especially since it is only my third ride in the last two weeks. Haven't had much motivation to ride do to the heat -- mid to high 90's w/loads of humidity. Cold front blew through last night so hopefully fall is here.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Cold front blew through last night so hopefully fall is here.
Will you hug me on the trail to warm me up when it gets cold???

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Nice! :thumb: Though I think I'd be looking for a cooshier saddle

I've got Victor working up some prices for me so I can build up a Kona hardtail. Not exactly the same caliber as your rig, but cool none the less.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
loco-gringo said:
Will you hug me on the trail to warm me up when it gets cold???
I thought you were bringing Steve along for that.

(this is a bike related thread. keep your musing to all your other threads. :eviltongu )

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
I thought you bringing Steve along for that.

(this is a bike related thread. keep your musing to all your other threads. :eviltongu )

I'll have my bike with me. :mumble:

Nice ride Instigator. :thumb:

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Hey Jackson, if I recall correctly, if you take a right (as in the direction) right (as in just) before the park entrance , and go down about a mile or so, you can park for free. There's a trail that meets up with the road at the bottom of a hill on the left side of the road. Mucho better than paying $6 or whatever they're charging for parking now. 'Course, this is assuming you're talking about CVSP, but I'm guessing you are since you said it's the only place dry around. That place could be dry 10 minutes after a hurricane blew through there.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i think i might go on my first urban ride since i broke my arm on may 7th this weekend. actually have a new bike to do it on as well.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Nate at RIT said:
Hey Jackson, if I recall correctly, if you take a right (as in the direction) right (as in just) before the park entrance , and go down about a mile or so, you can park for free. There's a trail that meets up with the road at the bottom of a hill on the left side of the road. Mucho better than paying $6 or whatever they're charging for parking now. 'Course, this is assuming you're talking about CVSP, but I'm guessing you are since you said it's the only place dry around. That place could be dry 10 minutes after a hurricane blew through there.
Yea, I know... I've thought about doing that, but it's almost like stealing. I don't mind paying if I'm going to using the park "facilities" (picnic area, swimming area, etc.). But they don't do much in the line of trail maintenance - most of that is done by local riders. So...