Quantcast

-- Friday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
The gods finally smiled on me and allowed for some perfect riding weather - 60 and sunny. I solo'ed about 10 miles in 2 hours... mostly singletrack. Saw several deer, and decided that at 7:00 it's officially too dark to ride.

Anyone else? Any weekend riding?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Went riding again... this time I brought my freeride rig on an XC ride to see how bad I could hurt myself... and succeeded in getting extremely tired, trying in vain to keep up. But it was fun, got to do a couple sections that I haven't ridden in a long time :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
No riding last night for me either. Spent most of the evening baby-sitting the neighbor's kids so they could have anniversary sex. :rolleyes: After that just watched the debate....but that's a whole other thread! Tonight I'm going to close on my home equity loan and then packing for my trip to the Kingdom Trails this weekend. Leaving tomorrow morning at 7am!!! Never been there before and can't wait to go!! We're camping on Burke Mtn. and have ride-in, ride-out access to the trial system! WooHoo!!!

J

JRB

Rode the last section of my local trails backwards and then back up. About 9 miles of pure fun. The weather was great. It showered this morning, so with no more rain today the trails will be perfect. I plan to take tonight off. Have ridden almost every day this week and plan to do big rides over the weekend. Bikes kick ass. :thumb:

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Left the bike in the garage and Mountain Unicycled 7 miles yesterday.........trails were a little muddy but it was nice to get back out on one wheel again. It's too hot during the summer to muni here in NC so the change to fall weather is very welcoming!! Getting dark early though so it's time to pull the lights out...... :dancing:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I rode for a couple of hours at the slalom course with a bunch of kids from the university. It was a good time. A couple of the college kids are really good and it was the first time on the course for some of the others. I wrecked coming out of a set of berms and landed on the shoulder that I separated a month ago. Thankfully, it is only a little stiff this morning.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Kinda depressed - I haven't been able to ride since last Sat because of bad weather and this lousy job. All will be better tomorrow though ... DH at Killington VT!!! Any monkies interested? We're planning to meet there around 10am. PM me if you're interested in carpooling from the Htfd area...