Quantcast

!@# Friderp GMT #@!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! Ride last night at Heil Ranch had the makings of greatness. I was stomping the 6 mile climb up until a flat halted me. No matter, changed that out and proceeded to bomb around the loop at the top. 1/4 miles into the 5 mile downhill that I worked so hard for on the way up I flatted again, had no more tubes, and proceeded to ride the rest on the rim. :(.

Good thing my tubeless wheel build arrives today.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Got in trouble for leaving early yesterday, My response was classic, "what is going to happen, am I going to get fired?"

Laughter ensued... I went back to work, boss walked off in shame.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
i never have issues with leaving early. all my boss really cares about is that i'm on top of my projects.
My boss is pretty Anal about working your complete shift, this is only the third time I have left early. Makes me laugh though that at this point she would make it a point to holler at me this late in the game for an hour early

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Got in trouble for leaving early yesterday, My response was classic, "what is going to happen, am I going to get fired?"

Laughter ensued... I went back to work, boss walked off in shame.
Nice :thumb:. Morning , I get the keys to my new place today . Safe to say I'm pretty excited to get out of the ghetto . Have a good one RM !

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Leaving on the big spring break road trip today. First stop Charlottesville, VA some time tonight. The on to Knoxville, TN to do some riding with a fellow monkey. After that its off to Florida. Really looking forward to see a lot of the country and spending some fun time with wife and the boys. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I've had to be in the hospital at 7 AM the last two weeks' worth of weekdays inclusive of today, but thankfully that **** is over for now. (Have to do this 7 AM business again for one more week in June.)

I also only have one on-call weekend left through June. This is a Good Thing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got lots done on the yard last night after work, a little more tonight and I should have a free weekend. Found out I have no rear light on the moto, hope it's just a bulb. Stupid Harley. But should be a good day to haul ass in the boat on Saturday. See how many folks I can piss off. :rofl:

The only reason I like the fact work uses Outlook is the "delay delivery" feature. I can set it to send out an email at like 4:37 then leave by 3:30 and people think I was here an hour later than I was. I'm salary, but not everyone is and there is a real 9ish-5ish mentality here. I am in by 7:00 most days, but I hate being in the office past 4.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Sounds like you are a government employee. Or in a bank.
I am a Manager at a Ford dealership, and start training my new replacement tomorrow morning, I have a week to do so.

Next Friday is my last day here, THEN Tuesday I am a government employee!!!

yea i'm salary. what's a "shift"?

:D
Salary is a bitch... Mine was based of 45 hour work week, and I regularly put in 50 to 55 every week. Still it was not a bad salary, I am just done with automotive BS

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am a Manager at a Ford dealership, and start training my new replacement tomorrow morning, I have a week to do so.

Next Friday is my last day here, THEN Tuesday I am a government employee!!!

Salary is a bitch... Mine was based of 45 hour work week, and I regularly put in 50 to 55 every week. Still it was not a bad salary, I am just done with automotive BS
all depends on your work environment and how much you let them make you their b*tch. and how much you can accomplish in a given day.

i rarely stay past 8 hours. 7:15 - 3:45 are my normal hours, give or take.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Salary with company phone and laptop is middle management's way of saying 'You're my bitch'.
When I lived in the EU I had 24hr phone calls between the euros, asians and usa offices; f'in sucked.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
all depends on your work environment and how much you let them make you their b*tch. and how much you can accomplish in a given day.

i rarely stay past 8 hours. 7:15 - 3:45 are my normal hours, give or take.
:stupid:

My project cycles here are wicked slow. I have 16 hours of work to do in a 40+ hour time frame most weeks. I have had a laptop and pulled 50+ weeks with weekends and late nights, but it gets old. Salary can sucks, but I don't want to punch a time clock either.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Well for me I am dedicated enough of an employee, that I do what is needed of me, the fact that the position I am in now I am getting paid more than anyone else that has held this position by a solid 25% tells me a lot. That and when I do ask for time off I get it, cause without me they have a cluster eff on their hands.

It is definitely a delicate balance of being taken advantage of, I do feel that at this point I am ahead of the curve, I only work the extra hours because of pride I have with the turn around I have made in this department. In the last eight and a half months I have been given seven raises... So that is always a good thing.

Also everyone here in the dealership is surprised I am still working here, straight from the hr desk most people that give a two weeks notice get enough time to finish the existing pay period and are handed their last checks, while me I am being asked to keep helping past my two weeks and then some.

I am not trying to pat myself on the back, but what I do is not easy and has taken many years of training and practice to get to were I am. It does however feel funny that I am in fact leaving all this behind.. Kinds cool at the same time

If it was totally about money for me, I would have stayed in California, seeing the offer was for 152K a year and move to GM... But leaving and moving to here had so much more for life. Glad I am one that knows that life is about more than just money

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Well for me I am dedicated enough of an employee, that I do what is needed of me, the fact that the position I am in now I am getting paid more than anyone else that has held this position by a solid 25% tells me a lot. That and when I do ask for time off I get it, cause without me they have a cluster eff on their hands.

It is definitely a delicate balance of being taken advantage of, I do feel that at this point I am ahead of the curve, I only work the extra hours because of pride I have with the turn around I have made in this department. In the last eight and a half months I have been given seven raises... So that is always a good thing.

Also everyone here in the dealership is surprised I am still working here, straight from the hr desk most people that give a two weeks notice get enough time to finish the existing pay period and are handed their last checks, while me I am being asked to keep helping past my two weeks and then some.

I am not trying to pat myself on the back, but what I do is not easy and has taken many years of training and practice to get to were I am. It does however feel funny that I am in fact leaving all this behind.. Kinds cool at the same time

If it was totally about money for me, I would have stayed in California, seeing the offer was for 152K a year and move to GM... But leaving and moving to here had so much more for life. Glad I am one that knows that life is about more than just money
Are you still going to be in Bozeman?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Glad I am one that knows that life is about more than just money
When I was young and driven, I chased the money. After the .com bubble, it became more about doing what I enjoy. I am damn good at what I do and not everyone can do it. I have moved around (job wise) way too much over my career and so I am trying to stick it out here for stability sake. It's tough because I don't feel like I get to do what I am really good at here. But the plus side is I have a lot of free time and I try to use that to keep up with what is going on outside of here. This place is very different, Office Space to the letter and even the employees dress straight out of the 90's. Its scary.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Two miserable runs in a row. Barely knocked out a 5k on wednesday, which is half my normal afternoon run, and pulled up a mile short on my planned 12 miler this morning. Not sure what's going on but motivation and energy has been a real issue the last couple times out.

This is a good point. Live by the sword... die by the sword.
Glad I am one that knows that life is about more than just money

10 hours is 10 hours! I'm glad I'm hourly. I work OT when it's convenient for me, and no other time. Most weeks the airline is lucky to get 40 hours out of me and pretty much no one cares if I leave early. The always on-call, middle management, salary crap is for the birds.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
:wave:

Two miserable runs in a row. Barely knocked out a 5k on wednesday, which is half my normal afternoon run, and pulled up a mile short on my planned 12 miler this morning. Not sure what's going on but motivation and energy has been a real issue the last couple times out.

10 hours is 10 hours! I'm glad I'm hourly. I work OT when it's convenient for me, and no other time. Most weeks the airline is lucky to get 40 hours out of me and pretty much no one cares if I leave early. The always on-call, middle management, salary crap is for the birds.
Yeah as of the current moment, I have to complete two full days for anything above base salary, I usually hit that though every other week... But on the bright side I also get profit bonus, which over the last three months has been substantial.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

it's not about being dedicated, but about not allowing yourself to be taken advantage of. the whole mentality is a very US thing. i work a fair amount with our european group, and they've actually commented that i'm the only US employee they've encountered in the company that takes two week vacations.