Quantcast

From a '97 to an '07... (Early Christmas!!!)

well, i finally got a new friggin bike!

and ironically, it is the last bike i ever expected to own... and at the most ridiculously low price i would have ever expected to pay for it! ive heard "Its a steal!!!" in many ads before, this puts them all to shame...

my new ride:

massive focking dropouts!

well, theres a difference here somewhere...

i cant wait to have it built up and rideable, i'm still in the process of getting parts to fit it, and am probably 3-4 weeks away from having it rideable... the inverse square law is going to kill me in those weeks!!!

what do you think?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Wow. The rotec's sure are sexy rigs. What is the damper on it? Romic? I'd change that to sth new and the bike is golden.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
congrats. I'd suggest putting something other than the super monster on it... you'll ride better, cleaner, faster.

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Hey Cheeta,

Should probably ask Will how the bottom of the seattube got wacked like that. You can repair that by cutting an angled slice off the bottom so you can get the tube all the way down.

At full compression with some shock setups their is tire buzz on the 06/07's but then on some brands who's dosen't.

Never seen that happen to the bottom of the seattube unless it was dropped during assembly with no shock or in shipping cause the yoke will hit with no shock....duh!

In my case, I got side tracked and removed my completed bike off the rack and plopped it on the ground and realized that i removed the shock and failed to reinstall it....brain fart!

Fixable none the less.

That was a first for me nevertheless

Congrats...now get it a fork that it deserves..(Aka not a monster lol) =P.
unfortunatley, the monster will have to stay on there for a bit longer (i know, i know, its an insult to the bike) but as i said before, i'm low on $$$ (16yrs. old and DHing on $120 a month from church) and i'm working on getting it rideable, not pristine just yet.
i do plan on selling my monster/ trading and getting a shiver though! thats a mandatory!(but who in their right mind would trade a shiver for a Monster?!?!?!)

Originally posted by blue
Out with it...how much?
$550:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

the dent in the seattube is no big deal whatsoever, the seatpost is only like 6" long and has no problem getting to the spot i want it...
i dont know how tire buzz will be, but seeing as to how it only seems to hit in a smallish area, i dont see it being much of a problem... and either way, for now i'm running a DH24 that has been ridden down for over a year... i want a DH32 back there to match the front, but as with many other things, that will come later...

from what i can forsee, when the bike is officially riedeable, it will have parts spec. as follows:

Wheels:
Front- alex supra wing BH (the extremely huge and wide one with spoke placement on the outer edge of the rim) on a shot Rocky Mountain hub
Rear- Mavic 729 on a Hadley

Brakes:
Front- Hayes mag on a hope wavy rotor
rear- probably Hayes MX on a standard hayes 8" unless i can find an '04-'05 Magura Julie for as cheap

Drivetrain:
XT derailleur
XT cogs
PG 'something' chain
TruVativ Racing XR BMX cranks
FSA BB
DH Systems chainguide(OLD SCHOOL!!!)
some kind of bashguard
Transition Stepdown pedals

Suspension:
you can figure it out...

other stuff...:
FSA Big fat pig 1.5 reducer headset
Azonic PDW's
Shorty stem
ODI Rouge lock-ons
WTB saddle unless i can find an SDG I-Beam somewhere cheap

In the future...
Wheels:
same
DH32's front and back... (never wash out again!!! hahaha)

Brakes:
Avid Code or Magura Gustav in the front
Magura Julie in the rear
(^^ Holy modulation!!!)

Drivetrain:
Same
But a new Gamut guide and bashguard...

Suspension:
Shiver of some year '03 and later
Avy of some sort

other shtuff:
same for the most part...
hopefully a Hopey steering damper... though i doubt i can get this thing to the point of headshake!!!
I plan on going down FactoryCostcoDH's path and getting some ProTaper Evo's and cutting them to 30"... somebody please complain, its funny.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
sorry in advance:

somebody has to say it: Get a haircut!

ok thats it...

congrats to the new frame and whatever other people say, its YOUR bike, have fun with it!!!

sorry in advance:

somebody has to say it: Get a haircut!

ok thats it...
haha, the ironic part is that on the day before Thanksgiving, i got it cut 2"...:busted::busted::busted:

well, my name will stick with the bike that got me hooked on DH...
just to bring back good old skyscraping memories! hahaha

as for the Monster, well, i'm not kidding when i say that its unfortunate that it has to be on there for that much longer... the lack of performance while DHing is growing on me... it obviously performs well on hucks, but so do Shivers... look at half the guys on Drop In! and plenty of others everywhere...

man, i'm staring at it while typing this and going nuts on how sick this thing will be when its built up!!!
definitley a bike that makes you proud to be in the Rotec Family!!! BRAG BRAG BRAG!!!
sorry guys, i'm just too stoked! it is such a huge difference in bikes!:busted:

i edited my specs up above... if anyone cares...

Holy wheelbase batman!!!!! That sucker is long with that Monster T on there.

Nice looking bike though man! Not even a hucker like you should break that one anytime soon :biggrin: Congrats on it, we can tell your excited and it sounds like you will put it to good use.

Long wheelbase, but depending upon tracks that could be good. The Buells destroy tracks on their Rotecs. It sounds like a freight train when the come rallying through. its either their bikes or the rocks screaming and trying to get out of their way cause those guys are rough on bikes, tires, and tracks....in a good way

You are gonna be able to get a 888? thatll really help that thing track and ride well. Congrats man

i got everything yesterday and have a new 888 slatarc2thingamigig on there as we speak... along with 80% of a drivetrain(no Der. cable) and a rear Grimeca System 12... thats it really...

the axle tube i got for the Hadley in the rear is too short, so really the only thing holding the cassette and engagement teeth into the hub is the swingarm(NO, i'm not riding it anywhere but my driveway like that!!!i've been that stupid before!) so i need to get Sully to send me a longer one... the headset bearings seem to have some space/play with the steerer tube, i need an 8" postmount adapter for the fork and my System 17, my system 17 needs to be built- hose, lever and fluid essentially, i need a 400# spring for my shock(or just a new one period), and a shorter stem...
all of that is obviously fixable, but it will take a tiny bit more time...

but other than that, i rolled around on my driveway and street a little bit and was blown away!!! this beast just wants to eat up everything in sight! the wheelbase is perfect, CG is insanley perfect, suspension sensitivty is amazing... i could go on for days!

oh- and red, white, and black looks KILLER!!!

i came from a "jalopy" to a friggin Ferrari... i'm just a little stoked

all finished**!!!
**structurally/mechanically, but not personally...- i need a 450# spring back there instead of a 350... and the stem needs to go... and i am going to replace the Hayes with another System 12 on the front because my System17 wont work with the postmount...

either way, i am finally essentially done with the bike!!! i got to ride it on some drops, hips, freeride shtuff, and smooth but off camber trails with FactoryCostcoDH and MAN, it is just mindblowing!!!

so awesome!!!

when it was still in the process of being built, but a good shot nevertheless

FCDH's rig along with mine...

thank you to dhrace507(Steven) for my new tires and a Gamut guide!!!

and even more thanks to Sully for hooking me up with everything!!! the bike is the best i've ridden and dude, YOU rock!!!

^^no, its a rotor meant for multi-piston brakes... every one i have seen has had this pattern... and either way the arrow points that way

and Sully, the Grimecas refuse to work with the postmount on the fork... do you or anyone on here know of any mounts that i can use to put a System 12 on the front? the mounts on the caliper body are 6" IS mounts and i can see how they would work, but i cant find anything that will...
anyone?