Quantcast

From a Seperated wrist to emergency surgery.

NWS

Chimp
Sep 19, 2010
Wow, that looks like no fun what-so-ever. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery!

I got so close to having to get my leg drained for compartment syndrome but luckily it began to die down the next day (they were going to see if it would get any bigger over one more day and if it did they would operate)
Absolutely horrible experience, I got mine from a dead leg playing rugby, I tried to massage it out myself the morning after, only to burst a load of blood vessels in my thigh, and my leg properly ballooned up, the circumference was 17cm bigger than my other leg!
Glad to see you're recovered though dude, I was unable to move my leg without being in massive amounts of pain for just over 10 weeks, it was torture!
From a dead leg to compartment syndrome? That's fvcking nuts!

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
good to see ya out the other day man!!!!!! Thats pretty fvckin epic to get that many runs in when you weren't sure you'd even be able to ride. Build the speed up slow and stay healthy!!!
Thanks man, good to see all you guys as well, it was a warm reception for sure. I had more in the tank but the last run down was fast and I figured I better quit well I was ahead. I really wanna start putting in the XC KM's to build up the Lungs and turn all this gym time into Bike Power.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
I don't understand why the doctors cant do whatever they do and then suture your arm a little bit nicely???
Trust me, it took me about a week to understand why I woke up from a 2nd operation with a bag of fluid on my leg, and the whole idea of a Fasciotomy.
When they slice open the Fascia (Which is basically a cover over your Muscle tissue, almost like the skin of a sausage ) The muscle peels open and closing the skin up in suture format wont hold, so they basically path it with a skin graft and hope that it takes.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
I got so close to having to get my leg drained for compartment syndrome but luckily it began to die down the next day (they were going to see if it would get any bigger over one more day and if it did they would operate)
Absolutely horrible experience, I got mine from a dead leg playing rugby, I tried to massage it out myself the morning after, only to burst a load of blood vessels in my thigh, and my leg properly ballooned up, the circumference was 17cm bigger than my other leg!
Glad to see you're recovered though dude, I was unable to move my leg without being in massive amounts of pain for just over 10 weeks, it was torture!
I read about another case similiar, I guess Doctors cant even explain why it happens in cases like that. I guess its a regular occurance in Drug over dose victims, where they are passed out and the blood will pool in one area, or Moto X crashes. Basically any high impact truama to the muscle tissue especially the legs, you are a candiate for this issue. My Dr told me he had never seen a case in the forearm before and Im very lucky to still have my arm let alone be using it daily in a normal fashion.