Quantcast

FSA DH bb question

pinangkia

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
Penang,Malaysia
hi...this is my first post,a very little question needed answer as soon as possible.

i had ordered a FSA Platinum Pro DH bb from UK yesterday,after that i got know there is a model Platinum DH.any different between this two?

what border me is,i m going to borrow d Platinum DH from one of the shop here which come with Versus Blitz frame.The shop dont want to sell it so i had to replace it with my just ordered Platinum Pro DH...so this is the problem,is the two same? it may took week for the bb to my door step,i cant wait to get my new bike dirty this weekend.

ok why i dont buy it here?? cos i cant find any shop carry 83mm bb here and also Singapore :poster_oops:

thanks

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Well...

I'm not sure the Platinum Pro comes in the 83mm width you need.

The Platinum DH is definitely made in the 83mm width...

Anyone else have better info than I do?

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
The "pro" designation indicates the use of cartidge bearings pressed onto the spindle. The Platinum Pro DH is only made in a few sizes (off the top of my head all I can think of is 73x128). Most all of the BB's with DH thickness spindles are made in the same fashion as a Shimano Octalink BB - where the whole body is essentially a cartridge. The ball bearings ride directly on the spindle, and they aren't servicable. If anything though... that style lasts longer since the individual ball bearings used are larger.

83mm is definitly only made in the "standard" Platinum DH.

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
just to make sure, the versus frame uses a 68mm bottom bracket, are they selling you an 83mm bottom bracket when you need a 68 or do you need an 83 and they took a 68 off of a bike to let you use it. they are not compatible, you may just need to wait for the right size.

pinangkia

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
Penang,Malaysia
thanks guy...i had just go ahead and fix the borrowed bb to my Session10.And had been informed from the DHL guy they have my bb at my nearest office already.

million thanks....