Quantcast

FSA nasty boy BMX cranks

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I've got a ton of profile BB bearings that are compatible. For regular BMX bottom brackets, though. None of the euro or spanish ones.
Send me a PM. Pay for shipping and they're yours.

skerb

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Clemson,SC
ok, here is the questoin...should I replace the euro bearings in this crankset or go for a MTB style crankset such as the Race Face DH x-Type?

I was told the bmx cranks were stronger, but i guess the bearings are not up to the challenge?

If i switch to race face i would also get a second chainring...

skerb

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Clemson,SC
ok, here is the questoin...should I replace the euro bearings in this crankset or go for a MTB style crankset such as the Race Face DH x-Type?

I was told the bmx cranks were stronger, but i guess the bearings are not up to the challenge?

If i switch to race face i would also get a second chainring...

are the bearings in my crankset euro bearings?

skerb

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Clemson,SC
its on a Kona Stuff...and its going to be around 35 for some new bearings for it...but it would be nice to have another chain ring... i have only had these euro bearings on this crankset for a few months and they already locked up....Would the bearings in the raceface evolve DH crankset last longer...im not looking for something i need to replace every few months really.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
You may have overtightened the cranks. Putting sideload on that type of bearings will wear them out in a hurry. The X-type ones are a similar story. If you want a system where you won't have to worry about adjustment I suggest something with a standard ISIS bottom bracket. If the evolve from last year didn't have external bearings I'd say go for it.

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
i have a spare ISIS BB cranks, they are the Truvativ Hussefelt that have two rings, a 22 and 32 plus a bash guard. If your interested i sell them to you cheap. I paid 45 for them ill hook you up with them for 30 plus shipping. The bearings are in ok condition, still have some life in them.

skerb

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Clemson,SC
dam, wish you had mentioned that yesterday, last night i found a Race Face diabolus 32/22/bash for a good deal and jumped on it...Are you saying the bearings in it because they are external are nt goign to last as long?

Can somebody school me on what the strengths of BMX vs MTB cranks and their bearings are.