Quantcast

Ft. Worth Area

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Just curious, my wife just passed her nursing boards and after seeing the kind of home we can get down there we might be moving to Ft. Worth for a bit so she can bank on the nursing pay and live in a dope home while I wrap up my college. I'm coming from Washington were we make weekend trips to Whistler, any downhillin' to be had near Ft. Worth, or am I doomed to xc in the hot @ss weather? :eviltongu Also, what's it like there? Check out this home we can get for $170k vs these lamme cookie cutter homes here in Washington.

http://www.newhomes.com/homedetail.jsp?regionid=2801&homeid=6143&siteid=1

Not to mention they have one of the best medical schools. :blah:

However, I lived in MT and was in CA while in the Navy, now I'm in the great state of WA, am I doomed or is North Texas decent?

maggotbrain

Chimp
Dec 24, 2001
atx
dude-
if you can, try to look around austin.its way better in my opinion that ft worth in all aspects.look into tx state.edu, UT, saint edwards, anything.ft worth is big city usa and doesnt have anywhere near the flava of austin.the riding scene is really good here too.not too much DH but we make due, and you can scratch those weekend trips to the garbanzo.anyway if you come down make a trip to austin anyway and well show you a good time.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
I figured there was a reason for such nice housing, probably to entice people to move there... THanks for the tip.

~J

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
if youre into DH and like good atmosphere, austin is 50/50. Austin is 3 hours farther to any DH yet it is a REALLY cool place to live. If youre a total DH diehard, you might wanta skip Texas all together.

joel

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Hell Paso has the BEST downhillin and freeridin in Texass.. Check our website www.roughriderracing.org .. If ya ride our trails , you wont want too live anywhere else in Texas.. Also its 1 hour drive to some 4500ft Downhills in Nm.. Thanx Joel for NOT mentioning our park..Even though we ARE in Mexico.. We dont make it to the U.S. till we pass the BP checkpoint..

peace

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
no Hell Paso isnt mexico either. its just the arm pit of the universe. but still we got some sick trails. but there is a cool crew in Austin that does alot of dirt jumpin to. and the trip to El Paso isnt to bad.

outkast

Chimp
Nov 22, 2003
there is a stunt oriented trail in the works in ft worth. we just broke ground on it this weekend so theres really nothing there right now. but once DH season (arkansas) is over we will be out there pretty much eery weekend building. you should come out and see whats up and meet the local riders and all.

as far as DH dont bother lookin around here. there are a ton of trails to ride tho. theres always urban too.

BTS

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
Austin, TX
maggotbrain said:
dude-
if you can, try to look around austin.its way better in my opinion that ft worth in all aspects.look into tx state.edu, UT, saint edwards, anything.ft worth is big city usa and doesnt have anywhere near the flava of austin.the riding scene is really good here too.not too much DH but we make due, and you can scratch those weekend trips to the garbanzo.anyway if you come down make a trip to austin anyway and well show you a good time.

--well put Mr. Brain