Quantcast

>>>FTN Turdsderp GMT<<<

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
last day of solo parenting; my wife is supposed to arrive tonight. kids have been good, even sleeping through the night this week, but for whatever reason I've been waking up at 5 or 5:30 every morning. I'm beat to shit. need. some. rest.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Not much to report. Spooled up my winch last night and loaded up the bed of my truck to hand off some stuff a buddy left at my house when he moved. Feels good to send stuff to where it belongs.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Back at my desk today after all day meetings the past two days. 2400 yard swim completed before work. And I agree with JBP...it's going to rain like a futhermucker today.

I've got an interviewee waiting in the lobby as I type this. Maybe I should go get her? *sips coffee*

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thunderderp. Massive rain starting later today, thunder likely to occur. I think I'll drag my arse to the office later today, my cooties are officially over. Getting there will be easy, getting home will be a major PITA in that weather. Looks like our April will see more rain than usual - that's not very conductive towards riding. :(

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
looking for a light wind/rain shell . . . maybe this? (would be almost no cost if I use REI dividend and member 20% coupon): https://www.rei.com/product/893303/patagonia-houdini-jacket-mens anyone have other/comparable suggestions?
EMS Helix if you can find last season's model with massive discounts in the right size.
http://www.ems.com/ems-men’s-polartec-neoshell-helix-jacket/28599900019.html?emssrcid=PPC:gooPLAs:149576155965custom3normal&brand&product_id=28599900019&adpos=1o1&creative=79867309725&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CJbS55vyj9MCFRY9gQodP4QBDQ

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

Weatherman said its supposed to snow tonight. :dead:

Interesting ride last night. Will see if the gopro picked up any of the shenanigans.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Of course just about the time we leave here in the Camper tonight they will be posting a high wind warning and a 90% chance of heavy rain. First couple of hours of the drive down I5 should be interesting until we outrun the weather heading southward

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm hanging with the baby this morning and fighting off allergies. Something must have bloomed in the past few days.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ah, spring. The time of year when all of the smoke detectors decide their 9 volt batteries' voltages are too low and start to beep incessantly.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
rainy then windy here - gonna be some downfall on the trails for sure.

meetings, then lunch involving beer, then exhibition installation . . .

looking for a light wind/rain shell . . . maybe this? (would be almost no cost if I use REI dividend and member 20% coupon): https://www.rei.com/product/893303/patagonia-houdini-jacket-mens anyone have other/comparable suggestions?
Marmot Precip is the deal. It's lite and and packable. Retails for $100 but can be found online for as little as $60.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Normally this time of year I don't like heavy rain since it directly interferes with riding bikes in the woods. But now, the rain is packing down my rock work making it like cement. Fuck yeah !

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rain coming in later on this afternoon. Took a long lunch to knock out a 20 mile burrito mission. I will have to work late to make up for it, but it will raining then, Worth it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
meeting supposed to go from 10:30-12:00 ended at 1:05. by my calculations that equals an extra lunch beer.

thx for info/ideas. will check out teh marmot. really just lookig for a wind shell-no expectations of super rain repellancy in something like that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just called our democratic senator's office and had a fun conversation with an aide. He's supporting Gorsuch, which gives enough votes for a 50% election by the senate. If he votes yes, when his primary comes up, I will be putting in an inordinate amount of time, money, and effort to get his ass booted for somebody more progressive. Even Wifey, who's not one to be active politically is at shit's end and asking me what she can do. You know shit's gone sideways when the most socially and politically passive person I know is saying it's game on.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just called our democratic senator's office and had a fun conversation with an aide. He's supporting Gorsuch, which gives enough votes for a 50% election by the senate. If he votes yes, when his primary comes up, I will be putting in an inordinate amount of time, money, and effort to get his ass booted for somebody more progressive. Even Wifey, who's not one to be active politically is at shit's end and asking me what she can do. You know shit's gone sideways when the most socially and politically passive person I know is saying it's game one.
call him back. ask him what he thinks of plagiarism.