Quantcast

fts friday

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Routine Morning DH was primo.

Fairly certain a murder of 5~6 crows were harrassing a woodpecker on my hike up. Best description is a scrappy xwing evading tie fighters through the trees.

Sadly routine is no longer with my 15 year old daughter arriving on Monday. My daughter I haven't seen for four years nor lived with for six. Which has me oscillating between mild to high anxiety. Hello stranger related to me by blood..

Hopefully I can find another friendly coworker to assist with shuttle shenanagians after work again today. Afternoon was quite dry, morning is tacky so magic mary why are you lacking? Knackered most likely, anybody hoarding DH 26 Maxxis rubber?

On to work... at least its friday.

Screenshot_2023-06-30-06-40-54-27_3bb53944894d9646ec5754b62cc2584b.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Another day, another ''What were these plugs called again?".
3975323316429748179.jpg

Watching strong wind hit a waterfall looks magical, seeing strong wind hit draining oil is less magical, much less magical.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The plan today was to sleep late but the dog was like "Hahahaha the fuck you will!!" You cant be too mad though when you love your dog.

I have/had a couple of cheap 99 cent travel mugs I got from 7-Eleven years ago, and they are good mugs because they fit nicely in my car's cup holder. I left one of them in Idaho in the dishwasher of our AirBnb rental. Sad!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Can anybody explain why I have an 8am meeting on a Friday? Doing that then study all day.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Coffee. Slept like crap last night, so I'm working from home this morning. Putting up a temporary (2-3 years, hopefully?) above-ground pool this weekend, so I need to finish off the ground prep this evening. Otherwise, working. Also, hot as fuck this weekend. :thumbsdown:

I've realized that I tend to use the monkey to bitch about things that I don't want to bother anybody in my personal sphere with. Sorry, Monkeys.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
On Fuck It Friday, let's ride free,
Mountain bikes and trails, just you and me.
Through forests dense and hills so steep,
We conquer obstacles, our spirits leap.

Pedals spinning, wheels in motion,
Adrenaline surges with each new notion.
The world blurs past, a thrilling chase,
As we explore nature's boundless space.

No deadlines or stress to hold us tight,
Only the wind's whispers, pure delight.
Through mud and rocks, we fear no fall,
Embracing freedom, we conquer it all.

With every jump and thrilling descent,
We find our courage, our fears relent.
Fuck It Friday, a rebellion, a creed,
Where we let go, fulfill our need.

Amongst the mountains, we find release,
Casting worries aside, finding inner peace.
For on this day, the world is our domain,
And riding our bikes, the ultimate gain.

So let's pedal faster, push our limits higher,
Fueling our passion, setting souls on fire.
Fuck It Friday, a day to savor,
As we ride together, our bond won't waver.

Through twists and turns, our spirits fly,
As we conquer trails beneath the sky.
Embracing nature's rhythm, heartbeats aligned,
On Fuck It Friday, true freedom we find.

So saddle up, my friend, let's hit the trails,
Unleash our joy, let go of all veils.
With mountain bikes as our wings to soar,
Fuck It Friday, an adventure we adore.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The smoke is back.

Working until about 11 and then I shall go get blood taken and a chest xray.

Then I need to decide if I should mow the lawn or ride bikes. I think I will mow the lawn, as I'm also going away for the weekend and if it rains again, it'll be a jungle. Also, the smoke is pretty thiccccccccc around here, so riding might not be that enjoyable anyways.

Oh yeah and I need to bleed the front brake on my bike, so yeah, probably aint riding.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've realized that I tend to use the monkey to bitch about things that I don't want to bother anybody in my personal sphere with. Sorry, Monkeys.

I thought that was the whole point of the daily gmt threads. The daily airing of grievances, fuck it whatevers, ROI calculations and poop reports.

:busted:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
this is what we all do
Yeah, well my apologies anyway. I don't like to complain, but I sure as hell do it a lot around here.

On that note: I need to find a new job with more vacation time. I'm taking the 5th and the 7th of July off, and those will probably be the only days I actually use as "vacation" this year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah, well my apologies anyway. I don't like to complain, but I sure as hell do it a lot around here.

On that note: I need to find a new job with more vacation time. I'm taking the 5th and the 7th of July off, and those will probably be the only days I actually use as "vacation" this year.
Yelling into the void is a good thing.

Thats all the holidays you get, or thats the only time they'll allot you to take off?

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Yelling into the void is a good thing.

Thats all the holidays you get, or thats the only time they'll allot you to take off?
You're right.

I get 10 days of vacation a year, and between kids events and my own medical issues and life in general, I nickel and dime those days. It's rare that I use a vacation day for actual vacation. 4 weeks of vacation would be just about right.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You're right.

I get 10 days of vacation a year, and between kids events and my own medical issues and life in general, I nickel and dime those days. It's rare that I use a vacation day for actual vacation. 4 weeks of vacation would be just about right.
10 days? FTS. I'm at a job where I'm making probably $30-40k less than I should be, but I have unlimited vacation. I took almost 1.5mos off last year and will be pushing 2mos this year. Even the jobs I'm looking at are no less than 3 weeks off not including sick time and holidays. Time is worth more than money.

That's a big deal in CO, btw. Most employers do unlimited because they have to pay out unused time at eoy - and that costs money.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
10 days? FTS. I'm at a job where I'm making probably $30-40k less than I should be, but I have unlimited vacation. I took almost 1.5mos off last year and will be pushing 2mos this year. Even the jobs I'm looking at are no less than 3 weeks off not including sick time and holidays. Time is worth more than money.

That's a big deal in CO, btw. Most employers do unlimited because they have to pay out unused time at eoy - and that costs money.
My company is way behind when it comes to PTO. It kind of comes with the territory, unfortunately; construction is going on 6, sometimes 7 days a week, so I often have to be available to put out fires or to provide a fix when something inevitably gets installed or built incorrectly. Even still, there's no reason I can't put out those fires from a phone and laptop whilst drinking a beer on the beach. Even the occasional WFH is allowed, but frowned upon.

One of the reasons I stuck around, is that I'm in line to take over the company next. If I take an honest look at the current owners however, I'm not so sure i want that. They work 10 hour days, 6 days a week. FTS.