Quantcast

FTW industries fb10 dh race bike

brooklyndon

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008

FTW Industries has officially opened its doors to receive orders for the FB10!

The FTW Industries FB10 is being sold as a frame/shock combo with a Vivid 5.1, for $2,500 MSRP. Orders placed now will be filled by early March, so get your spot in line!!

We are also accepting rider resumes in consideration for sponsorship and discounted pricing.

Contact FTW Industries to place orders and/or send resumes to:
ftw_factory_racing@yahoo.com

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Do we have to go through this AGAIN? What happened to the thread you posted 1 day ago?:think:
Now everyone will have to repost their opinions they made in the original thread.

Last edited:

brooklyndon

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
I re-posted because I didn't want the pertinent information above to get lost in the endless banter by the grammar police.

(...while we're on the topic though, you could use a couple more commas in the last post.)

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
nicely done Mr. Smith.
and yes Donny lets forgive and move in a positive direction

In his defense, I believe this was reposted with the additional info on price. Lets discuss that. and form a line to buy one.

since the frame is obviously not flexy, does it come in rootbeer?

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
That price info could have easily been added/edited to the 1st post in the original thread.:thumb:
IMO its obvious that broklyndon has someone else posting for him now, and FRANKly i think this person should post under their own name:D.

brooklyndon

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
nicely done Mr. Smith.
and yes Donny lets forgive and move in a positive direction

In his defense, I believe this was reposted with the additional info on price. Lets discuss that. and form a line to buy one.

since the frame is obviously not flexy, does it come in rootbeer?

Thank you for the inquiry.

The frames come in virtually any color and finish you may want.

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
Having met both Donnie and Frank at various races over the past 3 race seasons, there is no doubt in my mind they are good guys with great intentions.

I just think there is a very fine line between sharing information and using the DH forum as your only outlet for promotion. When I see multiple posts by the same user regarding a Certain team or product I become disinterested and skip all that users posts. I will sometimes begin to dislike any product associated with that user whether or not it is a good product or not.

There are certain grass roots teams / videographers who feel the need to up date us every week - for me it has a negative effect - I become numb to there posts.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I already have a deposit in on one, so I am definitely excited about it. I missed the first thread, so I can't comment on it. I have seen how many people are drooling over the Transition TR450, and having seen one up close, it is a nice bike. It too is "just a single pivot." I just happen to like the adjustability, reliability and the straight out craftsmanship offered by Frank.

Rootbeer...hmmm....

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
That price info could have easily been added/edited to the 1st post in the original thread.:thumb:
IMO its obvious that broklyndon has someone else posting for him now, and FRANKly i think this person should post under their own name:D.

Seemed like a lot of people agreed with my (and others) criticism of the implementation of the frame. My guess is it is easier to delete a thread rather than acknowledge ideas for improvement (which was what was asked for in the original thread).

Be careful what you ask for, you might actually get it....

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
man the winter anger of not being on a bike is in full effect here.. back to the topic of the frame. Looks sweet, cant wait to see one built up and how it looks/rides. Real curious about this one.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
There's a fine line between information ans oversaturation.....That's all I have to say about that.

Willem, keep the race vids coming. That's what people want to see and you do a good job at it.

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
man the winter anger of not being on a bike is in full effect here.. back to the topic of the frame. Looks sweet, cant wait to see one built up and how it looks/rides. Real curious about this one.
You know it is possible to make an observation and have an opinion about something without it being hateful. I think that this bike would have been better served by the OP if he had waited until he had pics of a real bike to post up in the "2010 ride thread"

My recommedation would be for "FTW Racing" to start a a page in the new Ridemonkey team area then everyone who wants info on the bike and team would know exactly where to find info and updates.

Can't blame winter for everything.

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
I refuse to watch Voncooper video's. Just because it makes me realize I will not ride my bike for another 3-4 months.

Keep us updated Willem...

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Are you guys going to be going with this curved top tube now? Looks much better, I couldnt get passed the odd looking square top tubes. Might look even better if it was a bit thinner. Also, the seat tube angle looks a bit steep? Cant find any #'s on what that actually is anywhere. Looks like the cockpit might get a bit cramped with the seat post extended a bit.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
I just think there is a very fine line between sharing information and using the DH forum as your only outlet for promotion. When I see multiple posts by the same user regarding a Certain team or product I become disinterested and skip all that users posts. I will sometimes begin to dislike any product associated with that user whether or not it is a good product or not.

So while you're back peddling, tell us who were you referring to?:rolleyes:

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
Not Back peddling at I was just making some constructive criticism and was trying not to name names.....I think if you look at the number of views on Ridemonkey for posts for some of these users you would see that people are not looking.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Are you guys going to be going with this curved top tube now? Looks much better, I couldnt get passed the odd looking square top tubes. Might look even better if it was a bit thinner. Also, the seat tube angle looks a bit steep? Cant find any #'s on what that actually is anywhere. Looks like the cockpit might get a bit cramped with the seat post extended a bit.

The square tubed industrial look is tits, that **** looks like a swayback horse.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
A longass FTW weld bead between that TT and DT is going to look nothing short of sexy as hell...

brooklyndon

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
As everyone can see from the updated drawing of the bike, when brought up in a constructive manner, and when the idea is feasable, we will consider design ideas. This was the whole purpose of posting a thread before the bike is put into production. FTW Industries is working hard to manufacture a bike that not only exceeds expectations mechanically (as they have in the past), but also pleases the eye. Thank you for the continued input, and we are confident that that the latest design will be successful for the FB10.

P.S. In response to the comments about videos by Willem and/or team vonCooper (or not), Willem and his work have been a huge support to the local scene. Many younger riders are thrilled to see themselves in videos online, and look for it every weekend. Also, it is what gets people sponsored. In short, there is much more good that comes out of it than bad. Those who don't like the videos may choose not to view them.

Keep up the hard work, Willem.