Quantcast

***Fuck Yeah Monday GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have Chinese Bob, the German mechanic. 5 stars. He da man.
if you ever know anyone in the denver area with a syncro vanagon without a swap....blazer automotive on broadway is the place...or a aircooled vw.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hi.
busy day taking care of everything I neglected too in the last three weeks.
i realize i haven't really missed the internet much. -__-

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone in the Denver area (west pref) know a good paintless dent removal company?

Trying to gauge the cost of paying out of pocket or going through insurance with a $500 excess to get dents removed from the hood of our car after a branch fell on it during the last snowstorm.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So torn on whether to buy this shirt or not. Haley loves her car and would wear this all the time, but it is kind of silly and ricey. But Wifey says to go ahead and get it, but it's an unnecessary $19 purchase. So torn.

www.blipshift.com

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well for starters you're gonna need 3 different bikes to ride them. And I assume 3 different wheel sizes.
Wait, they also have DH trails, so i'll need four? Fuck it, I'm out. I can't even pretend to pretend to be one of these dentists.

In other news, it looks like I am staying at or near Saint Anne on the way back from Nova Scotia this summer. Should rox.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
mountain ride kicked my ass. rode 2 of the more gnar-ish trails in wilson creek. beers in the creek after. home by 5:45. sushi tonight? all is right with the world.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It seems to be a car buying day... I've been pricing city vans for a few months and have had my eye on a new 2015 Dodge Promaster city van, the van has been on the lot since November when they were asking $23,999 or $19,500 including rebates no one ever qualifies for. At the time I offered $19,500 cash with no trade in, they politely declined.

Today, almost 6 months later I get a call from the lot manager, different from the lot manager I spoke with before. He has a buyer for our 2006 Honda Accord, if we will take $4,500 and the car is in the same condition it was in November they will let the van go for $20,499.

I'm headed there after dinner... I previously wanted 5K for the Honda as its a 1 owner, in excellent condition and has never seen a fart can. Most lots want about 7K for pretty much the same car. Ours only has 85,000 miles on the odometer... but it's still 10 years old.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/ram_promaster_city/?sid=1037056&KWNM=ram+promaster+city&KWID=43700008362935018&TR=1&channel=paidsearch

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend has bought one of those Ram Vans. Since he bought his, his Dad, and Brother have bought one also. We bought soil with his the other day. A van that gets 25mpg and rides pretty good. I was impressed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Poured rain tonight. Went riding anyways.

I never regret a ride that I do, but always regret the opportunities that I have to ride, but choose not to.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My friend has bought one of those Ram Vans. Since he bought his, his Dad, and Brother have bought one also. We bought soil with his the other day. A van that gets 25mpg and rides pretty good. I was impressed.
The deal is done. 4K for the Honda and $16,499 for the mini van for a total of $20,499, they could have gone $4,500 if in house financing were involved but there was no zero percent so we just made an all cash deal. I'll pick it up and drop the Honda off tomorrow morning. The entire deal took 45 minutes, fastest car I've ever purchased and they tried to add on everything, especially financing. I went all Nancy Reagan on them and just said no, they need that 2015 off the lot.

EDIT: They also closed at 7PM - the sales manager and finance manager appeared to be in a hurry.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Busy busy on a planned sick day:

1 year checkup for baby. Costco again (returns plus extra junk for house). Played some Fallout. Turned on our solar panels at long last. Quizzing wife on interview answers as she has a Denver Public Schools interview tomorrow.

An episode of GoT and some more Fallout will round out the day nicely.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Busy busy on a planned sick day:

1 year checkup for baby. Costco again (returns plus extra junk for house). Played some Fallout. Turned on our solar panels at long last. Quizzing wife on interview answers as she has a Denver Public Schools interview tomorrow.

An episode of GoT and some more Fallout will round out the day nicely.
What's the rebate on a Costco Baby Check Up?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rode the local "flow"/easy trails for 1.5 hrs. or so at a slack pass. Think I got all the lactic acid out of my legs without having to ride a greenway. Legs and feet cramped so bad yesterday, I couldn't stretch post ride.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What's the rebate on a Costco Baby Check Up?
I'd totally go for that if Costco was closer and they offered a timely, well priced doc in a box service. I'm on a high deductible health plan + HSA so such costs matter to me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm planning to hit Jungle Habitat Thursday. Wawayanda is also on my shopping list and right near where I'm staying.
JH is okay, but if you want good rides get hold of the course used for the Bearscat 50 in Wawayanda, that's a great 25 mile loop.

Then another great ride in that area is parking at the top of Skyline drive and riding the cannonball trail into Ringwood and do a loop, for another great 20 miles.

If you want gpx's let me know, these can easily turn into 5 hour+ rides on the types of trails you'll be on :D

(Shorter loops can also be provided if required)