Quantcast

fuck your carbon

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I still have fond memories of my mid 90s Trek Y22 reverberating echo chamber.

I assume the bike pictured is steel, but I'll look it up anyway.

Edit: 28 hundred for a domestic steel frame doesn't seem out of line but 58 hundred built does. They get bonus points for clever names like Cog Fight.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Edit: 28 hundred for a domestic steel frame doesn't seem out of line but 58 hundred built does. They get bonus points for clever names like Cog Fight.
have you seen the prices of the carbon shit our sponsor site has been testing?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
have you ridden a modern trail bike? a carbon one? (i haven't, my bike is a 6 year old aluminum one most people hate) most of my riding buddies do, though, and they seem to love them.

that pinner looks pretty damn nice.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
have you ridden a modern trail bike? a carbon one? (i haven't, my bike is a 6 year old aluminum one most people hate) most of my riding buddies do, though, and they seem to love them.
carbon....i will not partake in such witchcraft.

modern....i rode my younger brothers prophet around three years back....but just fucking around his neighborhood.

other than tuning up the pitboss...i've been contemplating ebaying a bunch of shit and building up the splinter in storage...

but this guy tends to be my backup.....

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

modern....i rode my younger brothers prophet around three years back....but just fucking around his neighborhood.

other than tuning up the pitboss...i've been contemplating ebaying a bunch of shit and building up the splinter in storage...

Viszla correct? Any chance of off leash with that guy? Pretty sure my mutt has significant viszla content. He is after any squirrell, dog, cat, human, deer, bird within visual range.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Viszla correct? Any chance of off leash with that guy? Pretty sure my mutt has significant viszla content. He is after any squirrell, dog, cat, human, deer, bird within visual range.
male rhodesian ridgeback on the small side....my brother has taken him to group walks at an abandoned golf course with as many as 15 other RR...he never strays more than 20 feet away....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Steel Heckler most likely with brake lock to the suspension. Looks good to me.:blink:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI

that pinner looks pretty damn nice.
we have to love our new carbon bikes, we sold our livers on the black market to be able to afford them.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Steel Heckler most likely with brake lock to the suspension. Looks good to me.:blink:
'After realizing they were incapable of designing/producing a multi-link design, it was decided that a simple single pivot was the ideal configuration for their frames. '

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hand built, really farging expensive bikes. First world problem if ever there was one...situation exacerbated by the ad in the top right of the page with Oprahs picture. WTF Lizard overlords? Oprah? Please...