Quantcast

Full 2006 Cannondale Photo Gallery inside

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
That new DH bike is sweet, finally something from Cdale I would ride. And a different model for each of the 3 major suspension companys...sweet.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
i think its fugly actually, dont get why, but thats how i see it.

what surprises me a bit is that only 2 weeks the word in the pits at cdale was that that bike had gone back to the drawing board for a while, apparently not.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...say - what kind of brakes are on the Gracia DH???

Can't quite make em' out...

...and how come the torque arm for the floater is soooo huge and beefy???

It's like they used chainstay tubing for it or something...could save some weight by ditching that for a Therepy Components carbon fiber torque arm... :drool:

Are those RISSE' crowns I see on it???

I totally dig it.

What's the rear travel on the production model? - Same as the Proto at Otter???

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
The brakes are Magura...not sure why Cedric is not riding the new dh rig. He is using last years model (Gemini)! (as seen in Schladming WC, and on some other photos).
He also had problems with suspension in Vigo at round #1 WC and had a poor run.
The new Rocco shock is a classic suspension system, without "SPV - Propedal stuff" inside (but very plush for sure)...

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
S.K.C. said:
...say - what kind of brakes are on the Gracia DH???

Can't quite make em' out...
Magura Gustauvs i beleive

S.K.C. said:
...and how come the torque arm for the floater is soooo huge and beefy???

It's like they used chainstay tubing for it or something...could save some weight by ditching that for a Therepy Components carbon fiber torque arm... :drool:
Because it hangs low. I know a guy who has the current model and that torque arm is all bent from being hit on rocks, not quite strong enough, new one looks stronger.

I really like how they are using front and rear shocks from the same manufactures on the bikes. Fox 40/DHX, travis/swinger or 888/roco.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i def want the gracia with the 40 :thumb: :drool:

I think this may be a EURO spec though, since it says "juli" at the top which is german for july...Some stuff might be dif in the US if this is the case...

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
A whole lot of fugliness going on.......and amazingly they are still rolling that Headshock out on a few models...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
peter6061 said:
Nice, those Gracias are tempting...

Just wish they'd put a slimmed down version of that swinglink on the prophets.
I'd be willing to bet that is coming...good point though, i would prob rather have that full fox prophet with the 36 and all along with a swing link than any other bike...

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Anybody notice this bike? Is that a Rock Shox rear shock?

I also couldn't help but notice that there are 13 different models of the Prophet in that photo gallery. Does that seem excessive to anybody other than me?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I am not sure what it is..could be a Marzocchi air shock possibly?

13 of the same bike seems more then a bit excessive..I'd say obsessive even.

dexterq20 said:
Anybody notice this bike? Is that a Rock Shox rear shock?

I also couldn't help but notice that there are 13 different models of the Prophet in that photo gallery. Does that seem excessive to anybody other than me?

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
don't forget that they have different models for europe and the usa, so keep in mind that we could only end up having half of those in the states, that may be why there are so many prophets, also, those could all be european models, because it is a european site.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
Excellent point, the huge number of prophet models along with the lack of a 4X replica might mean that these are not finialized or complete models.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Cant Climb said:
amazingly they are still rolling that Headshock out on a few models...
uhg I used to ride with a guy that had an old c-dale with a head shock on it didn't liek the feel of that thing one bit. the only thing that exceeded the suckyness of the head shock was his assholeness as a person

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I wonder why the SS Chase comes with a traditional drop-out? :confused:
Cannondale uses an eccentric bottom bracket to achieve chain tension on their singlespeeds, so there's no need for horizontal drops.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
dexterq20 said:
Cannondale uses an eccentric bottom bracket to achieve chain tension on their singlespeeds, so there's no need for horizontal drops.
yup, after I got to thinkin about it, that's what they'll do, they use it currently on the 1FG.....

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
It's probably a Scalpel replacement. The Prophet has now replaced the Jekyll, but it took a year to do so. During 2005, both bikes existed. Cannondale is probably doing the same thing with this bike and the Scalpel. This is likely the last year that the Scalpel will be available.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
dexterq20 said:
It's probably a Scalpel replacement. The Prophet has now replaced the Jekyll, but it took a year to do so. During 2005, both bikes existed. Cannondale is probably doing the same thing with this bike and the Scalpel. This is likely the last year that the Scalpel will be available.

Don't know...the scalpel has got a pretty big fan base in XC, plus that looks like a longer travel bike. Might be ment to go after people that want more than short travel harsh ride of the scalpel.