Quantcast

Full Cycle Scam

SASQUATCH-J

Chimp
Sep 30, 2003
NEDERLAND COLORADO
Hey,
As im looking back on my catalogue from Giant, Doesnt match the parts i actually recieved on my bike! it would appear, that Full Cycle is one of those kind of bike shops that does the "PARTS SWAPPING" keeping more expensive parts and switching them with less expensive parts that are very similar, and mmaking double profit. My fault for not noticing sooner or when i bought the bike. nothing i can about it now except hopfully save someone from the same ripoff. Look at the manufactureres specs, before you buy a bike, and i would strongly suggest not buying from Full Cycle period. im sure youll be stoked about their "sweet customer service" if you do i always enjoyed the cocky upidy attitude of the employees. I am personally Boycotting this bikeshop and i suggest you do the same.
Great Summer Trails To Ya there eh!
J

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Dude this happens from time to time with companies. Chances are that Giant didn't have the parts at the time to fulfill their production run of bikes so they put other parts on it that weren't in the catalog picture in order to fulfill their deadlines. Supergo(where I work) is a Giant dealer and Giant along with other companies(Specialized, Iron Horse, Etc.) has this happen occasionally, especially if you bought the bike early in the season.

So yes, it could have been Full Cycle possibly... but before pointing a finger you may want to contact them and find out, because there is a good possibility it is not their fault.

SASQUATCH-J

Chimp
Sep 30, 2003
NEDERLAND COLORADO
It was late season, they nearly had the 03's in. i could have tried calling, this is true, but i dont get off work till 4:30. calling after then would just be a waste of time. thats when things really go down hill in there. haha.
did you know full cycle doesnt accept american currency? i had to get emergency parts and all i had was my quarter jar, i mean i know its inconvienant to count to 4, 30 times. that loser with the ponly tail said he wouldnt accept it, and he wouldnt sell me parts unless i went and got "acceptable form of funds". either he was to stupid, stoned or lazy to count quarters for 3 or 4 minutes. actually he didnt even have to count them really, just watch me do it, but still they wouldnt do it. and then they get an article in the camera on what a great shop they are?
Even if they dont swap parts going in there is a BS experiance on a stick.
And next time some one is in there, tell that fool with the curley ponytail he better not get caught poaching private property Nederland trails again, the landowners up here really like to shoot people who dont ask permission. And tell him to "Keep it local". Stay in Boulder You Fool Cycle-ers!
The Shaggy Mountain Sasquatch

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
SASQUATCH-J said:
It was late season, they nearly had the 03's in. i could have tried calling, this is true, but i dont get off work till 4:30. calling after then would just be a waste of time. thats when things really go down hill in there. haha.
did you know full cycle doesnt accept american currency? i had to get emergency parts and all i had was my quarter jar, i mean i know its inconvienant to count to 4, 30 times. that loser with the ponly tail said he wouldnt accept it, and he wouldnt sell me parts unless i went and got "acceptable form of funds". either he was to stupid, stoned or lazy to count quarters for 3 or 4 minutes. actually he didnt even have to count them really, just watch me do it, but still they wouldnt do it. and then they get an article in the camera on what a great shop they are?
Even if they dont swap parts going in there is a BS experiance on a stick.
And next time some one is in there, tell that fool with the curley ponytail he better not get caught poaching private property Nederland trails again, the landowners up here really like to shoot people who dont ask permission. And tell him to "Keep it local". Stay in Boulder You Fool Cycle-ers!
The Shaggy Mountain Sasquatch
that "loser" is bill. he has been there for years. i happen to think he is a pretty cool cat. instead of talking sh*t here why not tell him to his face? and take your private ned bs somewhere else. i know what your talking about and that is a legal trail. its illegal for motos. those landowners you refer to are just trying to claim forest service land as their own. people who have ridden there since the mid 90's know the truth about forest service easements. i wont mention the name of the trail here because last time i got into this ned morons got all sad. its a weak trail anyway (technically. the views are sweet) and not worth all the hassle of those local losers who i have never seen on that trail but "supposedely" would shoot human beings. the one owner i met was all class and told me truth about the area (not like i needed to hear it from him anyone can call and find out the legalities. i just asked him about access points out of respect since i also own private land on both sides of a forest service access point).
and next time take your change to the bank BEFORE going to a retail store to purchase goods. full cycle is not a coin deposit. change is meant to pay for the part of a purchase not in rounded us dollars (like the .79 of $12.79).

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to refuse accepting $30 worth of change. A shop may not like it, but it is legal tender and must be accepted. Also, if you wanted to charge a $3 tube on your credit card, they must accept it. Card companies do not have a minimum no matter what the retailer says and the retailer can lose the right to accept the card at all for refusing a sale.

As for part swapping, it doesn't matter who does it or why. If the shop fails to inform you of the situation, it's fraud. Call them and see what they'll do for you. Failing that, call the local Giant rep and explain the situation.

You probably won't receive a satisfactory result if your ride is a couple of years old, but at least you've told the Giant rep what's up and if the shop is swapping out parts and Giant receives other complains, the shop will lose their reseller rights.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
LordOpie said:
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to refuse accepting $30 worth of change. A shop may not like it, but it is legal tender and must be accepted. Also, if you wanted to charge a $3 tube on your credit card, they must accept it. Card companies do not have a minimum no matter what the retailer says and the retailer can lose the right to accept the card at all for refusing a sale.

As for part swapping, it doesn't matter who does it or why. If the shop fails to inform you of the situation, it's fraud. Call them and see what they'll do for you. Failing that, call the local Giant rep and explain the situation.

You probably won't receive a satisfactory result if your ride is a couple of years old, but at least you've told the Giant rep what's up and if the shop is swapping out parts and Giant receives other complains, the shop will lose their reseller rights.
illegal to refuse a piggy bank purchase? your kidding right? a private business can choose not to accept change, checks, two party checks, credit cards, travelers checks or money orders (or even cold hard bills). a business does not have to accept all forms of payment. they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason as long as its not a violation of a persons civil rights (if your an asshole it does not matter what you try to pay with a business can say no). next time you go to a nice restaurant opie pay with 50 bucks worth of dimes. or try to split the check 14 ways in a large group. they will laugh at you.
and selling a bike with a few swapped parts is fraud? thats almost as hilarious. if you buy a product its up to you to negotiate price and specs (1/2 season models have changes all the time btw). sasquatch of course did not tell us what parts were swapped, what price he paid or even what bike he bought. if he cant tell the difference or did not research the purchase its his fault. full cycle is not ripping off people they have been in business for years. the problem here is this thread should never have been posted. he should have called the shop and explained his issues. i doubt he knows what hes talking about regarding the proper spec for a 2002 model. and his rant is about a shop visit three years ago ( his words "It was late season, they nearly had the 03's in. i could have tried calling, this is true, but i dont get off work till 4:30. calling after then would just be a waste of time. thats when things really go down hill in there. haha.") so he could not call them back in three years? i say someone deserves the tool of the month award. i am critical of shop shenanigans when there is merit to the complaint but this is just a confused boulder teen. i think ridemonkey nailed it on this one.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Yes I am curious as to which parts were swapped. The manufacturer would not ship a bike that has lesser parts on it. I worked at the biggest shop in Colorado and I never saw that from the major companies. True you may see a different fork(or whatever) from the catalog, but it is usually of equal value. Sometimes they get the shots for the catalog, and than deals with the component companies change and specs are altered.

So, Sasquatch enlighten us as to which parts were different.

sk8kid33

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Colorado Springs
its not uncommon for shops to do that at all. it happens alot with a past years model. like our shop does it (will go unnamed) when its an 03 nice bike and it is marked down a ton to get rid of it, our shop will swap out nicer stuff for a lower level, but we tell the customer.

for example:

we had a 2003 downhill bike that was originaly 5500 it was marked down 1800 we took or the sram x-o shifter and der and changed it for x-7 and an employee purchased the x-0 but the customer was fully noligible. we do it with wheels and such as well

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Total bull, check through your catalogue, I bet is says in there "specs subject to change without notification" somwhere in there. I worked there for a long time, never once did anyone change specs on a bike to save money or something. Oh yeah, and Bill is a good guy, do you have nay idea how much of a pain it is at the end of the day trying to total the register with that many quarters? Thanks for the "tip", but you're wrong.

1speed

Chimp
Oct 1, 2001
boulder
I have had nothing but good experience there. I deal with a few different shops (none of which are perfect) but I have had great service at Full Cycle and I started going there 4+ yrs ago.

One question to the original poster, if they almost had 03's in does that mean you purchased your bike in 02'? You should have said something when you looked at the catalog to see what was on the bike. Did they sell you the bike based on the description in the catalog or did you buy it off the showroom floor, meaning did you see it before you purchased it?

You should talk to the shop directly.

Bill/any other employee there are not losers.

SASQUATCH-J

Chimp
Sep 30, 2003
NEDERLAND COLORADO
Its been a while. Bill is a loser, whatever you say. and the trail i was referring to is nearly completly on private property. and i guranree you he doesnt have permisson, because i am the ONLY PERSON THAT DOES. Probly because i asked, and have known him for years. he was a little put out i brought MY FRIENDS on it. and as soon as you have a good thing going come cocky "I should be able to ride all the trails because im Bill and i live in boulder, and im so cool even though i cant count change. i am NOT from boulder, boulder in general, disgusts me. so many of these guy from boulder with their IMBA everything should be legal even private land trails attitude is going to ruin the great riding we have up in nederland.
The whole local cycling culture here is to egotistical and cocky, its just pathetic.
I applaud all of you that realize that every trail is a unique privillage, not somthing any of us deserve. i applaud everyone who cherishes every ride, and enjoys it to the fullest, without stepping on someone else.
Since the full cycle incident i have asked with many purchases, if i were paying in quarters right now would you refuse the business? ALL of them up to now have said, yeah, of course, its not that hard, you COUNT IT, put it in a bag and take it too the bank, apparently Bill needs his GED. or Maybe he just failed Finance Class at school. Either way im not impressed, its your money, do what you want. the only reason full cycle is in business is because they charge rediculous service fees to the college kids with bikes who dont know how to work on them. theres alot of $ in boulder (which is fine) but its not hard for a shop like that to stay in business. They are selling to people who are expecting an honest salesmen, and are asking this guy without knowing the answer beforehand. i once asked him before i ever had disk brakes if you can turn them. granted that may have been a stupid question, but he didnt know what turning a rotor was. he must not even own a car!
its like REI. do you really think most of the people that spend money there ACTUALLY USE what they buy? im thinking most dont, some do, and again, good for you! Your selling to people who can afford their first mountain bike to cost $2,000 which again, that fine, im glad they have a comfortable life, but the point is, selling a bike to a wealthy person who only knows what you tell them about bikes? im thinking thats not very difficult.

So im dont with this "rant" you can support full cycle if you want to support the damning of mountain bike culture.

PS they were wheels, rhyno lytes, they were supposed to be rynolyte XL's, the bike was barely marked down from suggested retail, and they said nothing about it.
they did tell me i could bring in parts like a stem and switch it for another, "As long as it looks new enough to sell" i dunno if thats common but it sounds dishonest to me. if i ddint crash i could do 20 foot drops without scratching it? and still sell it as new? sweet, better stop crashing!
SASQUATCH

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
SASQUATCH-J said:
Its been a while. Bill is a loser, whatever you say. and the trail i was referring to is nearly completly on private property. and i guranree you he doesnt have permisson, because i am the ONLY PERSON THAT DOES. Probly because i asked, and have known him for years. he was a little put out i brought MY FRIENDS on it. and as soon as you have a good thing going come cocky "I should be able to ride all the trails because im Bill and i live in boulder, and im so cool even though i cant count change. i am NOT from boulder, boulder in general, disgusts me. so many of these guy from boulder with their IMBA everything should be legal even private land trails attitude is going to ruin the great riding we have up in nederland.
The whole local cycling culture here is to egotistical and cocky, its just pathetic.
I applaud all of you that realize that every trail is a unique privillage, not somthing any of us deserve. i applaud everyone who cherishes every ride, and enjoys it to the fullest, without stepping on someone else.
Since the full cycle incident i have asked with many purchases, if i were paying in quarters right now would you refuse the business? ALL of them up to now have said, yeah, of course, its not that hard, you COUNT IT, put it in a bag and take it too the bank, apparently Bill needs his GED. or Maybe he just failed Finance Class at school. Either way im not impressed, its your money, do what you want. the only reason full cycle is in business is because they charge rediculous service fees to the college kids with bikes who dont know how to work on them. theres alot of $ in boulder (which is fine) but its not hard for a shop like that to stay in business. They are selling to people who are expecting an honest salesmen, and are asking this guy without knowing the answer beforehand. i once asked him before i ever had disk brakes if you can turn them. granted that may have been a stupid question, but he didnt know what turning a rotor was. he must not even own a car!
its like REI. do you really think most of the people that spend money there ACTUALLY USE what they buy? im thinking most dont, some do, and again, good for you! Your selling to people who can afford their first mountain bike to cost $2,000 which again, that fine, im glad they have a comfortable life, but the point is, selling a bike to a wealthy person who only knows what you tell them about bikes? im thinking thats not very difficult.

So im dont with this "rant" you can support full cycle if you want to support the damning of mountain bike culture.

PS they were wheels, rhyno lytes, they were supposed to be rynolyte XL's, the bike was barely marked down from suggested retail, and they said nothing about it.
they did tell me i could bring in parts like a stem and switch it for another, "As long as it looks new enough to sell" i dunno if thats common but it sounds dishonest to me. if i ddint crash i could do 20 foot drops without scratching it? and still sell it as new? sweet, better stop crashing!
SASQUATCH
you are clown. not only are you not the only one who knows where that trail is, you are naive enough to believe that the usfs land in question is private. the easements (4 total) are usfs property. the land on the sides of the easements is private. being a total child you know nothing about private land ownership. i met the land owner you refer to and asked him about the trail and got the truth. owning land myself i know what easements are all about. but you are so easily misled that any grown man who tells you he owns this and that you would believe him without question. i know better and i called that guys bluff in 2002 and then he realized i was not stupid and told me the truth about the easements (which i conferred later with the forest service). ill tell you what. when im in full cycle next time i will tell bill about this thread. i dont know your name but i think i have met you at gunbarrel. im sure if when i mention quarters to bill he will know exactly who you are. and then i will find out who you are. im sure your the same person who pmed me actin all tough about this trail on mtbr. if i find that out to be the truth im gonna come after you little boy. because whoever sent that pm is gonna get choked out real quick if i find them. making threats about shooting people aint cool and you better hope its not you who posted as NEDNIMBY on mtbr. im dead serious about this.

SASQUATCH-J

Chimp
Sep 30, 2003
NEDERLAND COLORADO
Mistake-
I think you are completly misunderstood about the trail i am referring too. i am positive we are talking about different trails. there are many trails of these sorts up here. I dont use MTBR at all, in fact i dont really browse any other sites except this one, NSMB and retail sites. i am positive we have not met in gunbarrel because i have only been there once, and there was no one else there except people i came with, and some other friends from ned i met there. and you havent talked to the landowner because you dont know who he is or what land he owns because you dont even know what im talking about, and it doesnt seem you evem know what YOU'RE talking about.
So dont assume with the hundreds, maybe even thousands of trails in the area you knew the one I was referring to, without name or location. Im sure there are many other trails like this one. i am clearly not the only one who knows of this trail, because i have caught bill riding it. Thus the comment in the thread. and i dont just believe the grown man, i tend to believe the forest service maps, you know the ones with WHITE for private land and GREEN for forest service, you can get a nice laminated one for about 12 bucks, i would recommend it, in fact, if it keeps you from looking stupid again,
id think it would be WELL worth it.
I dont know of any NEDNIMBEY. ive never PM'ED you, And as far as im concerned, You can kiss my @$$ till my hat flies off.
So before you tap your little cranky Boulderite fingers on your sticky little keyboard, think. as they used to say. "It is better to keep silent and seem ignorant than to open it and remove all doubt."
The trail i refer to IS PRIVATE, there are no easements ETC. and i didnt threaten to shoot anyone, but i know people up here who are setting NASTY
booby traps for bikers and would probly chase you out with a shotgun because of people like Bill, and others, who dont ask permission first.

You can try to find out who i am, you can even come and try to "Choke me out" Good luck city boy.
And since you are a landowner and you appear to have some easements, ill find out where you live and ride right through your yard all day and say, oh, there is an easement! Im sure youll be stoked.
Go back to Boulder city slicker, and take your crappy attitude, roll it up into a little ball, and leave it in the city where it belongs.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
dream4est, you might want to calm down. Saying threats over a Mountain Bike Forum is not a good idea.

SASQUATCH-J, Did you ever confront the shop professionally and ask them about this with out being a complete ass about it. Get their excuse before you jump to conclusions. Did you order the bike out of a catolage or off the floor?

Anyways, the bike is more than three years old, if you take it to the shop, they can't do anything about it, Its to late. You were foolish when you bought it, and did not do the proper research before you bought it.

And... both of you are arguing like children, and I'm sure by the way you guys handeled it, you are both around the age of 15(or just imature to the max).

So everyone... Calm down

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
well the pm i got was just like sasquatchs post about getting shot. almost like word for word. if im wrong i apologize but i am not gonna let that person hide behind a screen name and try to intimidate me. that wont happen in person much less online. and i never personally made threats i said that whoever sent the pm is gonna get it. obviously that was not this tool but another ned chode who acts like the area is off limits for mtbers who used to live there/ride there for years.
and i own mountain property dipwad. your cheeseball city boy comments are gonna get you in trouble if i run across you. i live in empire. 185 east park ave #1. my name is mark caminiti. 720-635-7429. ill be here if you feel like stopping by. since you like calling people losers, stoners and city slickers and talking sh*t here i would seriously doubt that you call or stop by. but who knows maybe i will get lucky. slamming a shop employee by name is weak. you should have just left it alone after your first post.
i like to hit the fix jumps as well as gunbarrel so im sure well see each other someday.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Renegade said:
Oh, and Mark, what happened to the post-crash new and improved Dreamforest? :confused:
well the post crash dude is a little pissed cause i have a slightly sprained finger and i have to go on disability from work and i have been sittin on my ass for the last 10 days.
but you right renny i need to chill. sorry sasquatchj im outta line here. i should know better. i cant ride a bike and i may not be able to freeride anymore due a to a job thats fanatical about safety. so im pretty bummed. i mean i have like 85% motion and strength in my finger but my company doc acts liked im at 10%. we had words. i have never missed a day of work in my life. and disability at my work ends up being less than 50% pay. but thats no reason to lash out at the ned kid. sorry dude.
im still clean-n-sober though renny i just hate not being able to ride. next time i get all crazy (hopefully never) feel free to give me another e-pimpslap.

SASQUATCH-J

Chimp
Sep 30, 2003
NEDERLAND COLORADO
Hey,
I was harsh as well. ive been stressed latly. i totally understand your frustration, not being able to ride. i know i would have been alot worse if i were in your shoes. in fact under the cicumstances id say you were nice. i know when i break my bike, or get hurt, it really does suck alot, and its hard not to let it get you down. so dont worry about it. i take no offense.
Tomorrow i will appreciate my abilty to ride even more so, knowing perfectly good deserving people like yourself arent able to. Tomorrows ride is for you man, i wish you as close to 100% as possible, and i definatly hope you can ride again soon.
SASQUATCH

Jump Jumper

Chimp
Mar 28, 2004
ya and the dude at the beginning is a big butt head i hate him. ya your a big liar thats the best shop ever never in the whole world ever.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dream4est said:
same person who pmed me actin all tough about this trail on mtbr. if i find that out to be the truth im gonna come after you little boy. because whoever sent that pm is gonna get choked out real quick if i find them. making threats about shooting people aint cool and you better hope its not you who posted as NEDNIMBY on mtbr. im dead serious about this.
wow, that's really smart. Post a threat of physical harm on a website for all to see. :thumb:

Now I remember why I left boulder, the egos are completely out of control.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Transcend said:
wow, that's really smart. Post a threat of physical harm on a website for all to see. :thumb:

Now I remember why I left boulder, the egos are completely out of control.
bite me. i apologized to the kid. let it go. i did get a pm threatening my life and i am not happy about it. over a legal trail. i should not have brought it up here but im serious about finding out who posted it.