Quantcast

Full face helmet survey

When wearing a Full face helmet do you tighten the chin strap or leave it loose for easier removal

• I snug it up every run

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • I leave it loose enough so I can just pull the strap forward and remove it without undoing the d-rng

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I undo/redo the d-rings every run

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • I prefer the snap closure or fidlock like my XC/enduro/road helmet

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah some big lad commuting home. Guy was riding towards me and got caught behind some slower people and pulled out without looking and neither of us had a chance to grab brakes. He got the worst of it, maybe landed bad but he was out cold for ages and bystanders got him an ambulance. I went to meet my mates at the pub but they took one look at me and took me to hospital for neck xrays. All clear thankfully but wicked hard combination of hitting him and then the pavement. Helmet was totalled and handlebars got bent. Glad I had a helmet on for that one or I could have ended up thinking Ellsworths sales claims make sense.
Cycle commuter joust
this happened to a buddy of mine. girl pulled out into the oncoming lane without checking. her brake lever went into his hand at the knuckle. he got lucky it didn't sever any tendons or ligaments. it was gruesome.