Quantcast

fully 29er

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
i am looking to get a new 29er and i want a full suspension frame this time. i would like something around 3 or 4 inches of travel. i would like to know every brand of 29er full suspension that you guys can think of. i am not a fan of fisher, so they are out, but pretty much everything else is a possibility.
Thanks for your input

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO

hitekrdnk

Monkey
May 15, 2006
If you decide on the Leviathan with the 3"es of travel I can help you out with a good deal.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
Uhh NO. they roll over stuff better, but they do not make up for a lack of suspension. my single speed rigid 29er is just as rough as my 26er, it is just faster.
...really? What brand is it? My ss 29er is definitely a bit more forgiving in the rough than any 26" rigid bike I have ridden.

Old_Dude

Monkey
My ss 29er is definitely a bit more forgiving in the rough than any 26" rigid bike I have ridden.
I think having a steel frame helps - mine is fully rigid (Surly Karate Monkey) and I've thought of adding a fork (Reba) but . . . it's really fine as is . . . I wouldn't use this bike for a 2 hour or longer ride though . . .

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
it is an SE BMflyer, just a basic aluminum frame and fork, but i had the 26 inch version and it was really close, the 29er feels a little faster in the rough, but not like suspension. the trails i ride are really rocky with lots of step ups and downs and a 4 inch 26er feels good there , i just want to try a 29er fully to have something that rides a little faster when the trail gets really rough(i do not care as much about comfort as i do about control) i just like to ride wide open on the rough stuff and i feel that i need to ride slower than i want to on a rigid bike. it has its place, but these trails are not it.