Quantcast

Fun (and legal)

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
nice, I was wondering if there was any snow left up there. I guess not, eh? I'm living and working in the watershed this summer, right on the other side of niwot.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
big boy said:
those trails look sweet. where are they :blah: :nopity: :nuts: :blah: :drool:
Those are the sourdough and south st, vrain trails, which can be found west of ward right off the peak to peak highway. Drive towards brainerd lake, park right before the fee gate, ride!

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
flatulant_man said:
do they have any jumps? those trees would be sweet with some big, flowing, mellow jumps. they look sweet even without jumps. rudy, you and i should head up there
No, not really. These are "old" multi-purpose trails. They generally are not steep. If you see a rock that you want to launch off of, it's not allways easy to pedal up some speed to hit it, because of all the rocks in the trail, and the general lack of steepness. The first photo in this thread, the rider is actually launching off the branierd lake road over a log constructed retaining wall.

The riding is technical xc riding. Excellent technical xc riding. Timing and trials like moves are a plus. Slow speed stuff. If you go up there expecting anything but that, you may be disappointed.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I was up in that area last weekend. Started in Peacefull valley, went up the north part of sourdough, up to south st. vrain, then up a little past brainard lake. Then we Hauled ass back down, it was fun. I think it ended up being 18 miles.