Quantcast

fun with mountains

mtngames

Chimp
Apr 22, 2004
Vail, CO
Mountain biking races, kayaking competitions, trail running, bouldering, concerts by Gov't Mule and Jurassic 5, all in Vail, CO, all one weekend. Sounds like fun doesn't it? The Teva Mountain Games are coming soon to a mountain near you. For more information check out www.tevamountaingames.com

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Originally posted by DHblur
No gravity event + weekend of Chile Challenge = no reason to bother with the cycling end of it.
hey blur the poster was just trying to let peeps know about whats going on. why do have to post your usual "my dh way or the highway" bs? there are plenty of folks here who would be interested. if you are not interested keep it to yourself. this is the colo locals page, not the colorado dh page. i would hope i am not the only one here who is tired of these type of "gravity riding or nothing" replies to threads that have NOTHIN TO DO WITH DH. the whole world does not stop for racing in new mexico. no wonder dh has such a bad rap in colorado. blur if you think an event in the mtns has to have gravity racing to be worthy i doubt you are much of a real cyclist who cares about the sport. how about this equation:
no cocky guys like blur+ hot chicks+ beer + music= no reason to go to the chili challenge. how about that math?

mtngames thanx for the info. it sounds like a good time to be had for all.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by mtngames
Mountain biking races, kayaking competitions, trail running, bouldering, concerts by Gov't Mule and Jurassic 5, all in Vail, CO, all one weekend. Sounds like fun doesn't it? The Teva Mountain Games are coming soon to a mountain near you. For more information check out www.tevamountaingames.com
Hmmmm.... sounds like a recipe for heinous crowds. If I wanted crowds, I'd stay in Denver for the w/e. Thanks, but I'll take a pass this year. ;)

-S.S.-

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
Hmmmm.... sounds like a recipe for heinous crowds. If I wanted crowds, I'd stay in Denver for the w/e. Thanks, but I'll take a pass this year. ;)

-S.S.-
ditto... we must be over 30 :D

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Dude dream4est, Holy crap. All I was saying that in the interest of spectators, an adrenaline filled gravity event like Mountain Cross would have been a smart thing to put in. That's all. Add into it that Chili Challenge is one of the biggest Mountain States Cup races of the year not only on the DH front but on one of the sweetest Cross country courses around, I just didn't see the cycling aspect of it sticking out in people's minds. J5 sounds cool and all the other stuff going on, but I just thought that if I was going, it wasn't going to be for the cycling end.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as anyone to see other people like Jeep and Teva putting on races that aren't affiliated with rapidly falling NORBA(sorry if that pisses more people off but still no pro payouts? C'mon). But if Teva wants to make a go at it, why not go for the whole thing and get some competition between promoters going on. Just like any other business, competition will be the best thing for mountain biking and it's consumers. Sheesh.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Dude dream4est, Holy crap. All I was saying...
don't worry about dream4est, he's just trying to set a precedent so he can go back to spamming about his dj website. "Hey, come dig for me, w00t!" :devil:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by LordOpie
ditto... we must be over 30 :D
Ding! ding! ding! ding! We have a winner!!

OTOH - I've always hated crowds........ even when I was in my "prime" :D

That's why I could never figure out racing & Fat Tire festivals - why the heck would I want to jam in a pack of other bikers in the woods/desert/mountains? I like it when I go on a ride and only see a handful of other people...........

-S.S.-

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Dude dream4est, Holy crap. All I was saying that in the interest of spectators, an adrenaline filled gravity event like Mountain Cross would have been a smart thing to put in. That's all. Add into it that Chili Challenge is one of the biggest Mountain States Cup races of the year not only on the DH front but on one of the sweetest Cross country courses around, I just didn't see the cycling aspect of it sticking out in people's minds. J5 sounds cool and all the other stuff going on, but I just thought that if I was going, it wasn't going to be for the cycling end.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as anyone to see other people like Jeep and Teva putting on races that aren't affiliated with rapidly falling NORBA(sorry if that pisses more people off but still no pro payouts? C'mon). But if Teva wants to make a go at it, why not go for the whole thing and get some competition between promoters going on. Just like any other business, competition will be the best thing for mountain biking and it's consumers. Sheesh.
i was just razzing ya blur. nothing personal. i just want all the cyclists to be courteous to other's events and such. no one rips the chili challenge and other races as being not wrthy events. so other events should get the same nice treatment here. they are cycling events so its all good.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Originally posted by LordOpie
don't worry about dream4est, he's just trying to set a precedent so he can go back to spamming about his dj website. "Hey, come dig for me, w00t!" :devil:
well if you havent noticed opie there are people digging all over the denver metro area. but i doubt you are. three sites being worked on in boulder alone. that was my wish for the scene. it has nothing to do with clinics or whatever. we just need better spots. and now every spot has improved since last may. good work by all who are digging. keep it up. i see a lot of high school age kids digging too and that's great for the scene.