Quantcast

Funn Hooka or Race Face Diabolus?

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
hi..
i´m a owner of an iron horse sunday.. and my fsa gap cranks are bent (at least the left one) so i´ll change them... and i have 2 options of cranks

Funn Hooka or Race Face Diabolus both in 165 mm lenght and 83 mm BB.... the difference in price is like 40 bucks..

is the diabolus much stronger that the funn or is almost the same...?

well i hope you can help me...

greetings from chile..

Attachments

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
if strength is what you are going for get the diabolus. i have seen them stand up to loads of abuse.also the diabolus have pedal inserts so that might be something to consider. i cant attest to the durability of the funn cranks as i really dont see them around. everyone here runs diabolus or saints.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I have a set of Funn Hookas on my 224 and am loving them. nice and stiff and have taken a good beating so far this season. The Funn's also have pedal inserts.

The BB did seem to get stiff however after a few weeks of mud races and then a week of bone dry whistler dust.

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
for sure i´m looking for something strong.. but i also wanna know what is the best kit (cranks & bb) i mean transcend said his funn cranks are pretty good but the bb is not as good as the cranks are...

does the diabolus worth the extra money they cost?

thanks a lot ;)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
about 90% of the guys around here run Diabolous...me, I'm a rebel with the stock hussefelts. Anyhow, they all swear by them...and honestly, I want a pair too. They not only look sick, but are known for being ridiculously strong and able to stand up to abuse.

Get the Diabolous, known, trusted, and tested.
Thats my 2cents.