Quantcast

galbraith conditions????

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
anyone know how galbraith is holding up after this weekends torrential snow/hail? hoping to ride there this thursday but not if its a muddy mess. thanks in advance..........

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
anyone know how galbraith is holding up after this weekends torrential snow/hail? hoping to ride there this thursday but not if its a muddy mess. thanks in advance..........
Ha! Laughable...

I went up after work today for super fast lap... snow on the road up (south side) nice and low... thought it might be okay in the trees... but NO. Snow every where, best to stay off.

Ridge Trail and Cedar Dust might be worth riding, but anything higher is no good.

Cavedood

Chimp
Dec 22, 2007
ThreeSixOhhh
The Ridge is fine most of the way up, but towards the top the snow starts to build up. I was stoked to see the sun today but Mother Nature had to get her AF joke in too. SST was completely covered. Got some rad drifting action going on...as well as some not so rad drifting over a boulder and into a pond action...

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Maybe it will be better by Thursday if it warms up a bit on Wednesday, but today I got to Family Fun/Cedar Dust and the snow and ice/slush mixed with mud was gross and not a lot of fun so I cut my ride short and turned around... and I barely ever do that. :shocked:

Burton_350z

Chimp
Feb 13, 2008
i rode SST yesterday... completely covered till the end.. and then wet of course.. The start of SST probably has 2 inches on the logging road... It was still a blast and i plan on riding it again tonight after work! :) Ridge was fine or course, not really wet either

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
thanks for the info everyone. keep the updates coming in, i've still got tonite to decide where to go....................

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
After a nice sunny day, there is sure to still be snow near the top, and everything else will likely just be muddy. At about 3:00 today I heard that there was still a lot of snow at the top of Galbraith from a rider coming down, but he said it was fun (I was doing trail work on Shawn's trail, near the bottom).