Quantcast

Galbraith Mt. fun

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
So today myself and eren and dan89 loaded up the car and headed for Galbraith Mt. in Bellingham Wa. The plan was to find a denny's, devour food, meet up with our Brad, the owner of our sponsor Spectrum Techwear (www.spectrumtechwear.com), and then shred the hill. This would be eren's first ride in five months (broke his arm in October) so we were planning to take it easy and chill. Of course things didn't go quite as planned, the Denny's has apparently been replaced with an IHOP :shocked: (who's bicuits and gravy are inferior according to dan). Then brad had some brake trouble and wouldn't be able to hook up for an hour or so. disgruntled but not beat, we headed up the hill. the three mile hike went pretty quickly with good friends and some good jokes. Eren was a little slow as he's put on some weight :nopity: but that didn't stop us. Somehow brad and his buddy mike caught up to us (could have something to do with having to push our big heavy dh rigs instead of pedaling up). We decided to play around a bit on some fun little jumps up top and then we ran through a whole slew of trails. the conditions on the dh trails were prime, nice and tacky but on the flat connector trails there were massive mud puddles :plthumbsdown: . after hitting a few more trails and hiking up some very, very steep fire road :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: we got back in the car and headed to the nearest shell station for post ride refreshments.

me about to give a nice 1foot table on a hip at the top, you get a glimpse of the awesome view in the background

random rider(#1) throwing a sweet whip on the hip

random rider(#2) getting jiggy with it

mike about to launch (dan was a little quick with his shutter finger today)

eren with his first jump after 5 months of being off the bike

me scoping out a sweet chute over the rise

the aftermath

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
:clapping: Nice Pics Bent Biker. That was a fun day.. a bit muddy though indeed.
You're random riders are BBTC staff members. Jon Kennedy is random rider(#1) and Justin Vander Pol is random rider(#2).

Hope to see you out there again.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
its so sick. the build quality is amazing (welds are the best I've ever seen), the single pivot is nice and simple. no adverse effects of "brake jack" and very little pedal bob. I had mine custom built for me so of course fit is amazing and the geo is perfect (dialed for dh). I built it up to be indestructable so consequently it is a little heavy with the current spec. handles pretty well at slow speed, jumps great, but likes going fast like none other. I tend to need to remind myself to stay forward in the turns a bit more but that is opperator error. bottom line, its a great bike from a great guy.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
:clapping: Nice Pics Bent Biker. That was a fun day.. a bit muddy though indeed.
You're random riders are BBTC staff members. Jon Kennedy is random rider(#1) and Justin Vander Pol is random rider(#2).

Hope to see you out there again.
can't take the photo cred myslef. that goes to Dan89.

Jon took a bit of a tumble about 1/2 hour later off of the drop on evo, hope he's ok.

There were so many people out there that day, it was crazy.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
its so sick. the build quality is amazing (welds are the best I've ever seen), the single pivot is nice and simple. no adverse effects of "brake jack" and very little pedal bob. I had mine custom built for me so of course fit is amazing and the geo is perfect (dialed for dh). I built it up to be indestructable so consequently it is a little heavy with the current spec. handles pretty well at slow speed, jumps great, but likes going fast like none other. I tend to need to remind myself to stay forward in the turns a bit more but that is opperator error. bottom line, its a great bike from a great guy.

What does your weigh?

How much flex in metal is there?

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
mine is right around 50lbs with my thick tires on. I could easily have built it to the low 40's though (ie I have a heavy ass mrp system and cranks).

there is no "flex" in the metal. go out to your bike (yes right now), take out the rear wheel and axel. feel the flex you get by pushing and pulling along the axis where the axel is. mine has zero flex in that direction. steel does have a less rigid feel however, when compared to aluminum

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
I had it up for sale a while ago (I have since kicked myself many times for even thinking about selling a one-of-a-kind bike), here are some pics http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4248&cat=all
pretty sweet build, completely indestructable, just heavy. I'm thinking about some new wheels and cranks to lighten it up. you might think about holding off for just a little while though. swd is about to come out with a new bike. its going to be called the 216 (cough cough think rear travel cough cough) and its going to be sweet. the only problem i ran into was crank clearance. make sure you put cranks on that have some outward sweep to them (such as race face diablolous or hussefelt) or else they will not clear the swingarm.