Quantcast

Game suggestions for PS3, Docs orders.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Fallout 3 New Vegas rocked! When I get tired of everything else I go back and replay all the Half Life games.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Oh, I see. I thought you were referring to two Red Dead Redemption games (or maybe the zombie expansion) because I said Red Dead Redemption instead of just Red Dead.

I never played Red Dead Revolver.
no, i meant red dead redemption. the undead nightmare wasnt a expansion, it was a separate game

FWIW, I actually quit Red Dead Redemption about 1/2 way through out of sheer boredom. And this is coming from someone who thoroughly enjoyed other sandbox games like "Red Faction Guerilla" and "Saboteur".
RF Guerrilla was the best of the bunch. the newest one stunk IMO

i signed up for Gamefly several years ago and its been great. i cant justify buying a $60 game that takes me 5-6 hours to beat. i usually only buy games like GT5 or maybe the CoD games since i play them so often.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
just finished Resistance 3. it was a pretty short game and got harder towards the end, but nothing too difficult. if you like "run and gun em" games, this is a good choice. its the best of the 3 Resistance games but still a bit too short IMO (only took me 6.5 hours to beat.)

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

Really? Interesting, as I wasn't overwhelmed with "FEAR 2", altho it wasn't broken or anything.

Btw, I may actually go get "Half Life" and fire up the PS2 again based on your review and what I've read recently.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
^^

Really? Interesting, as I wasn't overwhelmed with "FEAR 2", altho it wasn't broken or anything.

Btw, I may actually go get "Half Life" and fire up the PS2 again based on your review and what I've read recently.
i didn't like half life nearly as much as the sequel...

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
^^

well im only a hour or so into it so we'll see if it gets any boring.

Half Life 1 was okay but if youre going to play one, play HL2....its much much better. or even better, rent Half Life 2-The Orange Box. it has Portal and Team Fortress 2. both of which are somewhat fun to play and can kill some time

i didn't like half life nearly as much as the sequel...
agreed

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I picked up Resistance 3 over the weekend and so far the story mode is AWESOME! The story picks up right where the last one left off. Graphics and game play are very cool.

Havent checked out the online multiplayer mode yet but hopefully it will be just as good.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I picked up Resistance 3 over the weekend and so far the story mode is AWESOME! The story picks up right where the last one left off. Graphics and game play are very cool.

Havent checked out the online multiplayer mode yet but hopefully it will be just as good.
i found the the difficult level is not any harder then the level right below it. "super hero" is only marginally more difficult. and i dont know if its because i got the game from gamefly, but you have to pay to play multiplayer?? :mad:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
i found the the difficult level is not any harder then the level right below it. "super hero" is only marginally more difficult. and i dont know if its because i got the game from gamefly, but you have to pay to play multiplayer?? :mad:
Yeah I noticed that... that definitely sucks that you have to pay for the multiplayer. It's only $10 for the multiplayer add-on download but it should be free after playing almost $60 for the game. I'll probably end up paying for the multiplayer but that is a pretty lame a$$ thing to do to gamers.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
that definitely sucks that you have to pay for the multiplayer. It's only $10 for the multiplayer add-on download but it should be free after playing almost $60 for the game
so it wasnt just my rental discs then?
thats total BS that you have to pay another $10 on top of the $60 people would normally spend just to play online.:rant:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
This pic probably belongs in the "Random Picture Thread" but I thought it was appropriate for this video game thread :rofl: