Quantcast

Gap Fire!

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
So, anybody else in the Santa Barbara/Goleta enjoying the evacuations? Can't wait, my neighborhood is supposedly the next one to be given a warning and many of my friends (Including BMCarter have already packed up and have either left their homes or are about to).

Fun times...

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
YOU CAUGHT ME!

Haha....I gotta stop wearing that shirt, it has ALWAYS brought bad luck at races...Deer Valley was no exception!

So far we're good at my place but they're still saying we might have to leave...

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Anyone hear from Zark? Goleta is his neck of the woods. Hope all is going well with the SB monkies.
If he's back where he use to live he's ok. I'm sure he's smoked out a ton but the fire hasn't moved that close to cause him to leave.

I know from 154 last night they gave the warnings.........so we helped family pack up their 6 cars and move them along with their important stuff. It was moving pretty fast last night, winds were growing.

We drove partially up Gibraltar to see some fire works and it was open. I thought for sure they would have closed it to traffic. I guess it just depends on where the fire moves to.

Dec 20, 2005
If you go up gibraltar to the top where it turns into east camino there is a road closure up there but nobody is enforcing it just yet so you can ride tunnel with nobody walking on it

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Perhaps if the foothills burn nobody will want to hike the trails with them being all unscenic.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Anyone hear from Zark? Goleta is his neck of the woods. Hope all is going well with the SB monkies.
Zark's fine. He offered me a place to stay since I had to evacuated. Maps suggest it might be good now. We'll see, unfortunates it looks like my house was literally the closest to the fire. But you def can't ride the SB trails anytime soon. The air is AWFUL.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
The air quality is not super bad up on Gibralter. I've still been riding tunnel every day and the air is good for about 3/4 of the way down. Then....it's HORIBLE! Not as much smoke today so I'm going to ride tunnel this evening again :)