Quantcast

Garbonzo

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
The start of Original Sin still looks like a river, however about half way down the first section, it starts to dry out quite nicely.

Freight Train is pretty much dry from top to bottom, besides a few shallow rivers crossing the trail here and there.

In Deep and Goats Gully are drying out. The top halves of both trails still have their share of slippery roots and rocks, however nothing like last weekend. A complete turnaround. Most of the dirt is tacky.

The bottom half of the mountain is bone dry.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
wow...Garbonzo is prime. A few puddles at the top of Original Sin, but otherwise everything is tacky and fast!

In Deep is much better than last week, Captain Safety's rock wall was conquered, Duffman was no match. Bad ass.

I love sticky tires, bash guards, and 8" travel forks. I even made a little song about them after laying waste to Captain Safety.

Whistler rules.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Rode with him for a few fun runs Wednesday only to see him crash hard to his face and disclocate a finger :( Ouch! He should be fine though (I guess)

edit: oops did not see it was all answered above ;)
well I'm back home...got back today.

Yeah that crash on Wed. was very unfortunate. :plthumbsdown: I crashed on one of the lamest jump on the top, bucked me and landed on my face from pretty fokin high up… rode all the gnarly stuff in the AM at the top with Mani, Ender and Eric…it was pretty slick. of all the places I could have crashed, I can’t believe I ate it on a lame jump…oh well.

I'm going to the Dr. Tomorrow - I think I have a broken rib. :( I was worried that my finger was going to give me a hard time, but it was my rib that hurt the most. I rode all day Thursday and was hurting pretty good, but it was manageable. Friday I was simply a passenger on my bike and couldn’t hold on and couldn’t move my bike around. Heck, I can barely get out of bed....Will know more tomorrow.

Mani and ThePriceSeliger - as always great riding with you guys! fun times for sure.. Also finally got to ride with Oly last Sunday! that was also great!!

Can't wait to go back.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Garbonzo was sweet this weekend, Cpt.Safety anyone?. Ash threw down 2 it was a good time.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Did Garbanzo a couple times on Saturday - mainly Freight Train and Original Sin, Duffman - it was nice. Of course had to run A-line too.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
It was fun riding with you too. Sucks about the crashes. I did pretty good staying off the dirt, but there were too many close calls on A-line. First day and A-line is a big mistake... We ended up rocking a few mellow trails. Karate Monkey was a blast...

Heal up...

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
aside from Lake Origin Sin on the upper part of OS, up top was running amazing. The only thing we didn't hit was capt safety. In Deep was running too good to skip. Lower was good too but...yeah :)

I forgot how interesting no duff was...and we managed to not touch a-line or dirt merchant the entire time....odd enough, we didn't miss either of them.

Thanks to the awesome heat, we didn't leave upper til they closed the lifts...solid way to spend a few days.

Highlight goes to Jerry for riding his bike-cycle down; from tree fort on orig sin->in deep->fatcrobat->too tight->angry pirate->crack addict->monkey hands->glc drop...with a flat rear. Your poor Sunday must hate you something fierce :D

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Just got back now.... Garbonzo is pretty cool right now, with the exception of some deep puddles at the top.
Upper Freight Train needs some work... there are some puddles and ruts right before some of the jumps

cant complain though, I had a great time :)

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
luc i saw you 2x while you where in the village walking around but i was stuck at work checking fools id's at cittas, wish i could have said hi man. amni i was almost positive i saw you the other day but figured it must have been the meth i had smoked. pissed my dh bike stuff didnt show up in time to ride with price and his buddies but we had some good times besides riding.
transcend i saw one of your boys im pretty sure blasting down dirt merchant while i was in guide school the other day. ill keep a look out for ya this weekend. ill be on a tatto demo 7 w/ 888sl ata, diety kit, go fast painted d2 and pink gloves

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
luc i saw you 2x while you where in the village walking around but i was stuck at work checking fools id's at cittas, wish i could have said hi man. amni i was almost positive i saw you the other day but figured it must have been the meth i had smoked. pissed my dh bike stuff didnt show up in time to ride with price and his buddies but we had some good times besides riding.
transcend i saw one of your boys im pretty sure blasting down dirt merchant while i was in guide school the other day. ill keep a look out for ya this weekend. ill be on a tatto demo 7 w/ 888sl ata, diety kit, go fast painted d2 and pink gloves
dude..you should have screamed at me!!! I definitely would have stopped to say hi. I even ate there a few times with my girl.. :thumb: I also saw a guy with Orange bike and Transcend kit...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Word, one of my guys is Jeff Beatty, he is a long time guide there and whistler local as well as Canadian Nat team member. If you are at guide school, you will probably meet him. Another one of my guys landed about 2 weeks ago and will be there for over a month.

Hard to miss us on bright orange 224s. All 3 of us will be through the beginning of August. Will catch up with you this weekend for beers at GLC at least.

Edit: Where is Cittas? I usually eat at GLC or Splitz when I go out.

Acadian: Transcend jersey would have been Nick (SGD from RM). Jeff will be in Mojo stuff.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Edit: Where is Cittas? I usually eat at GLC or Splitz when I go out.
Citta is right across from Amsterdam/La Brasserie

Splitz has killer Burgers...I also went there :) prob the only place in the village that had reasonably priced burgers.

Acadian: Transcend jersey would have been Nick (SGD from RM). Jeff will be in Mojo stuff.
that was SDG? ah fak...I should have said hi :(

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Splitz has killer Burgers...I also went there :) prob the only place in the village that had reasonably priced burgers.
...or a short walk across to Blackcomb village gets you to Merlins with $5 burgers and $10 pitchers - - hard to beat that. Plus the atmosphere is pretty cool; I like the touch of the Piston Bully cab/DJ stand hanging from the ceiling.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
...or a short walk across to Blackcomb village gets you to Merlins with $5 burgers and $10 pitchers - - hard to beat that. Plus the atmosphere is pretty cool; I like the touch of the Piston Bully cab/DJ stand hanging from the ceiling.
Merlins eh? got to add that to my list of places to visit next time I'm there :pirate2: