Quantcast

Gary Fisher Superfly 29er

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
coming from a DH background i tend to have short stems on my 26" xc bike and they seem to always have crampt cockpits, my friends say.

one of them turned me onto this bike. and from the looks of it, i think i would love it. seems to be alot for the $3000 price tag. I've never ridden a 29er before but the long top tube, short stem, custom geo fork, slack seattube really seems it would be right up my alley.

I kinda laughed off GF. I had a paragon as my first mtb. blew them off in favor for more botique bikes but this looks really good. going for a demo sunday.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
"...the sad part is that frame is made over seas."
And that's a good thing actually. The dirty little secret is that as far as carbon construction for bicycle frames goes, the Chinese have the best technology on the planet right now. New factories and new techniques that are not in place up there in Waterloo, Wisconsin.

Trek was once a leader in this field, but they have some catching up to do, that is, if they ever decide to pursue it.

With the economic forces that are in place today, that could all change and we may see another American based leader in bicycle manufacturing again, but only time will tell.