Quantcast

gauging interest in a fall southeast monkey fest

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
would anyone be interested? it would be in october the first weekend that the seasonal trails are reopened to bikes.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
sirknight6 said:
Were you thinkin?
well it would be in pisgah at the south white pines group campsite. there is a drop that lands right into that campsite that is pretty cool.hopefully it will be available. i'll do some checking around.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Pisgah, hmmm....Will there be any........

SHUTTLING?

:sneaky:

:D
Just kidding...

Please don't turn this into another one of those threads! :dancing:

Any idea when? We were thinking of a group ride @ Windrock maybe we'd hit the Pisgah instead.

<EDIT> Oh just read the first post again. Can't do it that weekend.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh im in if i can plan the dates im in town with that date. so ben get those dates as soon as possible man. thanks. ohh and ben i heard that you werent riding any more and i thought that you were selling your yeti what happend to that. or did you decide that riding was important and you missed it. lol thanks again man.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we just got back from there. camped right down the road actually. i love that place. won't be back in oct. though because i will officially be a student again.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I'd be game for it. The only weekend that I can't be there is the weekend of the 8th. Wife's B-Day. Would be dead, dead, dead if I missed that one for a MonkeyFest........ :nope:

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
greyhound you need to get your priorties straight man. i mean come on monkey fest or some boring birthday party, or you could bring her and we wiil throw her a party. i here biggins is a party animal. :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
frznnomad said:
yeh im in if i can plan the dates im in town with that date. so ben get those dates as soon as possible man. thanks. ohh and ben i heard that you werent riding any more and i thought that you were selling your yeti what happend to that. or did you decide that riding was important and you missed it. lol thanks again man.

i have not completely stopped riding, the yeti is kinda for sale...kind of.

i am just taking a break from riding right now.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ridetoofast said:
i had to miss it in the spring, i wont miss it this time damnit!! i was SOO pissed that i couldnt go

i met you at the gathering at wintergreen right? you broke your hand a while back?drove shuttle in the excursion or expedition or whatever that vehicle was correct?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ok the date will be OCTOBER 21-23. as long as the sites are available. now the big question is who wants to put up the money for the campsite? i will gladly help collect money from attendants but i CANT afford to put up the money this time.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
biggins said:
i met you at the gathering at wintergreen right? you broke your hand a while back?drove shuttle in the excursion or expedition or whatever that vehicle was correct?

that was the night 'birdwang' was born...

although ill be damned if i remember actually meeting you...too many concussions and 'other' things :nuts:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ridetoofast said:
that was the night 'birdwang' was born...

although ill be damned if i remember actually meeting you...too many concussions and 'other' things :nuts:
yes the birdwang incident and someone talking about toast parties........we met, i actually rode in your truck to the top of the mountain on sunday for the shuttle ride that once we got to the top of the hill we decended about 1 mile and suddenly it was uphill all the way back to the campsite. i think i made it back to the site in second place right behind fonseca who was on an XC rig.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i was there, but i think you are thinking of dan the lawyer, aka sub6, or d'funny looking r'b...he has had two nics on here. come to think of it i havent seen him post in a longgggggggggggggg time.

i was driving a black plymouth laser.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
tp ill have a big ass tent with ben that you can stay in with us. we got no prob sharing with the g vegas crew. hope to cya guys there it will be so nice to go camping again. i hate nashville there is nothing to do here.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
frznnomad said:
tp ill have a big ass tent with ben that you can stay in with us. we got no prob sharing with the g vegas crew. hope to cya guys there it will be so nice to go camping again. i hate nashville there is nothing to do here.

i dont mean to come off as a dick, but what is your real name?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ridetoofast said:
i was there, but i think you are thinking of dan the lawyer, aka sub6, or d'funny looking r'b...he has had two nics on here. come to think of it i havent seen him post in a longgggggggggggggg time.

i was driving a black plymouth laser.
wasnt dan, dan was driving a 4-runner or a pathfinder i am pretty sure....yeah where the hell is dan anyway?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
LOOnatic said:
Okay so last time it snowed in late April so can i expect snow in late October?
i have only seen that happen once. but it has happened. mornings will most likely be kinda chilly.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
no takers on puttin up the money for this? i can give ya the contact info to call and make reservatioins.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
biggins said:
wasnt dan, dan was driving a 4-runner or a pathfinder i am pretty sure....yeah where the hell is dan anyway?

You might be thinking of Jason D (mrbigisbudgood)....At the time he was riding a black Banshee……..

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
ohh sorry biggins different ben. new guy from florida. hes pretty much my right hand riddin man. i dont think that there has been a ride that ive been on since hes been up here that hes not come with me on. hes the guy with the sunday world cup. so thats who i was talking about not you. besides your smelly i wouldnt share a tent with you. lol jk :thumb: :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
mtnbiker66 said:
Oh come on biggins,the last time you and that crew came up they tried to close half the forest.This time they'll block it off at the ice cream stand..........well it was a good crew to hang out with. :thumb:
haha how are ya homey? havent seen ya post in a while. is the girlscout still riding?