Quantcast

Gee Atherton's Pro components

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Have anyone had opportunity to try Pro components Gee is going to use this season? I am not talking about about h-bar, which looks sooooo obsolete with its angles and hight or seatpost...
but, there is Pro FRS stem OS, nice black finish, 145g. It is said it's pretty stiff and the best thing, it costs about less that 30 bucks :D at LSD (Local Shimano Distributor ;) )

Attachments

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
I've been looking on the shimano web shop at it lately and they don't offer much at all for the DH market... plenty of pretty nice looking road and XC gear but only the saddles caught my eye at all - look nice as well as being cheap!

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
there road stuff is pretty good value, well finished and the prices are fairly good. Will be good to see what dh stuff they start to come out with.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
FFS, its a stem. Its by Shimano. Do you really think, even for a second, that its going to be some instantly destructable pile of ass that Shimano put on the market purely as a scheme to kill riders?

Just get it and run it, it'll be fine.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
FFS, its a stem. Its by Shimano. Do you really think, even for a second, that its going to be some instantly destructable pile of ass that Shimano put on the market purely as a scheme to kill riders?

Just get it and run it, it'll be fine.
it doesnt cost 70+ dollars of course its going to explode! price = quality/strength!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
haha well played sir, well played.

Clearly as that stem is only 30 bucks, it willl not only feature bolts made out of tin foil, but will also give you the clap. Much better that you pay $80+, and wear a rubber just in case. On each finger.

Also, take a picture of it on a scale.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Been using one of the stems and the handlebars on my DJ bike for a while. No problems, nice and light, great price. Certainly can't complain.