Quantcast

Gee Wins Red Bull Challenge in the Goldmine

biker3

Turbo Monkey
thaflyinfatman said:
haha, poor rennie. So many 2nds at so many events over the past year or two.
Ever since he grew that mustache at Sea Otter in 04 things have been looking down for him. Mustache's on Rennies are a no no. Also the freehucking isn't helping much either.

Edit: Weird tyre combo by Gee as well. That pic in the link shows DHR in the front and highroller in the rear.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
biker3 said:
Ever since he grew that mustache at Sea Otter in 04 things have been looking down for him. Mustache's on Rennies are a no no. Also the freehucking isn't helping much either.

Edit: Weird tyre combo by Gee as well. That pic in the link shows DHR in the front and highroller in the rear.

regarding the tire choice, i think its pretty well known that the minion fronts aren't that great, i know a number of racers who runner DHR on front and rear or use the combo stated above

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Those pics kinda suck in the link. I can't see what's going on at all. (Although they are inside a gold mine, so it's probably pretty hard to get a good shot.)

biker3

Turbo Monkey
sirbikealot said:
regarding the tire choice, i think its pretty well known that the minion fronts aren't that great, i know a number of racers who runner DHR on front and rear or use the combo stated above
Really? Last year it seemed like the most common setup with the big guys was DHF front and rear. I think Hill runs that pretty much all the time. Whats wrong with the DHF? I think its got the best cornering side knobs out there and it rolls pretty fast.