Quantcast

*geek alert* Garmin Forerunner 305

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Link

Just saw this bad boy in mens health. The first heart rate monitor I have thought about getting for myself. Technology can be so cool sometimes.

WarEagle2K

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Tucson, AZ
My neighbor just bought the Garmin EDGE 305. It has all the bike functions included. You can download your trip onto google Earth and see your ride. It is awesome, I hope to get one soon. The pictures online don't do it justice. It is a little longer than a standard cyclocomputer, but is thinner. The pictures make it look a lot bigger. It is an awesome techno gadget.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
jimmydean said:
Link

Just saw this bad boy in mens health. The first heart rate monitor I have thought about getting for myself. Technology can be so cool sometimes.

Whats so cool? what does it do besides tell you how fast your heart is beating?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
robdamanii said:
Do any of these GPS doohickeys have live map display that can get you out of someplace if you get lost?
Using the software, you can load maps into it. I have been told you can download maps as well. There is also a feature that lets you record your speed and time on a given course, and they can compare thier time or race virtualy.

There is also an attachment for your ride for $60 that tracks your cadence as well.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
BigMike said:
GPS HRM eh?

Again, what exactly does it do?
It's a cyclometer, you can switch between running and biking modes. (cadence, average speed, top speed, distance)
It's a GPS (maping, elevation, waypoints)
It's a heart rate monitor
All this and it's the size of a watch!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
jimmydean said:
Using the software, you can load maps into it. I have been told you can download maps as well. There is also a feature that lets you record your speed and time on a given course, and they can compare thier time or race virtualy.

There is also an attachment for your ride for $60 that tracks your cadence as well.
This is the EDGE?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I like it because it's small (or smaller than the others anyway). I would use it more on my moto for GPS, but I thought it was cool. I've never been into the whole heart rate monitor thing, but since it has it, why not.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
jimmydean said:
I like it because it's small (or smaller than the others anyway). I would use it more on my moto for GPS, but I thought it was cool. I've never been into the whole heart rate monitor thing, but since it has it, why not.
so did you get it?

I'll be interested in what you think of it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I will be getting it next payday when my moto is ready for the woods. I'm trying to find one locally, but so far nobody has it in stock.