Quantcast

Gee's Worlds Bike.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
I don't know if Maxxis manufactures Specialized's tires (I know the Specialized tire guy is former Maxxis) but anyone who's ridden a 2010 Demo will tell you the stock tires are a step forward from Minnions/High Rollers.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I don't know if Maxxis manufactures Specialized's tires (I know the Specialized tire guy is former Maxxis) but anyone who's ridden a 2010 Demo will tell you the stock tires are a step forward from Minnions/High Rollers.
^ Better get out the flame-suit, NO ONE can bad mouth the almighty Minion on teh Monkey and get away with it . . .
I think Continental Kaisers are as well (gets out flame suit)

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I pulled out an old set of barely used Minion Slow Reezeys for the Snowmass race and was blown away at how grippy they are. I honestly can't imagine a grippier tire being made, better wearing yes.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
I pulled out an old set of barely used Minion Slow Reezeys for the Snowmass race and was blown away at how grippy they are. I honestly can't imagine a grippier tire being made, better wearing yes.
I can't imagine a slower rolling tire than those with Slow Reezay rubber. :rolleyes:

^joachim^

Chimp
May 30, 2005
Brendog was riding with minions in Fort Bill, dont know about Sam, but since he is a big Minion fan i guess he was riding them too.

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
hardly a new idea. Peaty ran bladed spokes at least as far back as '02. the only place these bikes will fall apart is on internet forums
Not to add fuel to this fire, But all of the DT Swiss 1750 wheelsets come stock with bladed spokes, and yes you too can have access too without building a custom wheelset. So you can be coolest kid on the block champ with bladed spokes too, making your neighborhood rides on the DH bike even faster than before!

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Back in the old days (1998) Rotec (Eric Carter's) had a custom Fox shock hooked up to a front shifter with 3 positions, open, firm and flock out! That bike had a concentric pivot that pretty much required a lot of firming to go anywhere.

And Minnar- saw his bike at the Brianhead nat with the wire hooked to a button that looked like a kill switch.

Those Floats feel pretty good. They do get hot, but the action is there. For the pros they could build one with a resivoir for more tuning but the air can wouldn't be user serviceable like on the POS DHX Air.

I find it interesting that some 8" bikes are going to 8.75 x 2.75 shocks instead of 9.5 (Glory, Demo 8)...with a ti spring the weight is more like .75lbs more.