Quantcast

Gen. Franks Target of Iraqi War Crime Trial!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
[size=large]Iraqis target Gen. Franks for war crimes trial[/size]
By Jeffrey T. Kuhner
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Iraqi civilians are preparing a complaint to present in court in Belgium accusing allied commander Gen. Tommy Franks and other U.S. military officials of war crimes in Iraq, according to the attorney representing the plaintiffs.

The complaint will state that coalition forces are responsible for the indiscriminate killing of Iraqi civilians, the bombing of a marketplace in Baghdad, the shooting of an ambulance, and failure to prevent the mass looting of hospitals, said Jan Fermon, a Brussels-based lawyer. He is representing about 10 Iraqis who say they were victims of or eyewitnesses to atrocities committed during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

READ MORE

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Belgium is, what, the size of Maryland
Do they even have good mt.biking there ;)

I'm not sure why the Admin is so pissed at Belgium. They're hearing the complaint, not filing it. So Franks can't go get a Belgium waffle there... i've been to Belgium, i've had the waffle, i've seen the little pissing boy... boy was that stupid.

Belgium is just a rest stop on the way to Amsterdam :D

I sure hope my buddy who lives there and is a citizen doesn't read this :eek:

EDIT: Wow, we really just want to piss everyone off :confused: Is Lady Liberty on her period or something?

"These amendments are a positive first step because they help to restore some control over the complaint process by giving the Belgian government the power to shape these kinds of proceedings against the United States, but they are not a panacea," said David Rivkin, a Washington-based lawyer and former official in the Reagan administration and first Bush administration. "They would not shield all possible defendants from these kind of complaints because it is not clear that the Belgian government can always be trusted to do the right thing."

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Spud
Dude, don't knock them. I think they are about the 3rd or 4th most powerful member of Bush's coalition... :p
Nope. Look, if you're gonna play, show up to draft day, mmkay? France picked Belgium in the fourth round. No biggie, they're a perennial backup.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Spud
:blush: Whoops, Bulgaria, Belgium I get so confused when the Former Eastern Block guys support us and Nato members take a pass. :eek:
Yeah, big difference as Bulgaria is really good on special teams.