Quantcast

george ryans stolen bike found

cbrbighit

Chimp
May 10, 2007
so im online to register for the race today and i see George carrying a cannondale and he comes in the office and says who has a blue cannandale bike so some guy says me. anyway George says thats my bike and supposedly he bought it from some kid on craigslist . so i went up for a few runs and the bike was still there so i guess the guy gave it to George??? whatever anyway i know it was his bike and all but that was last year and he probably can get as many as he wants so y not just let him keep it and thats it. i would of fought for that bike back regardless if it was stolen or not if it wasn't me that stole it and some guy comes up to me and says yo u got my bike that was stolen last year id say Fu&k You!!!

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
so if i understand the person who stole george's chase bike last year along with his rack off his car in front of his parents house in long island last year was stupid enough to bring it to diablo? then claimed he got it on craigslist

chatua

Chimp
Jul 3, 2007
well he said he bought it from craigslist but if it was the kid then hes a moron
Yea, one of my friends confronted a kid with a stolen bike once (even though the bike wasn't his) and the dumb little kid just gave up the bike without an argument, saying "he found it but has no need for it anymore."

No one in the right mind would give up a bike that they paid money for without a fight. Hope George got that guys name and address or something.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Here is a little trick I do to my bikes seems as bike theft is a huge problem in my area. If my bike has decals, you know like names of products. I have my local sticker shop make up a decal (cost's about 10 bucks) that looks identical to the real decal but has something different like spelling of the item (for example Rock Shocks) then I place the vinyl decal directly over the original decal and if it's stolen I have a great way of spotting my bike. Some may think it's stupid but it has worked for one of my street bikes, that mispelled sticker stuck out like a sore thumb, and I had the bike back in 1 day (anything longer than that and most of the time the bike is dissassembled and used for parts anyways) Another trick I'll do is put things on upside down (handlebar stem face plate for one), and last but not least I will take and spray paint a spot in an inconspicuous place on the frame (bottom bracket shell?) this way when someone steels it and scrapes off the frame numbers they just think it got too close to someone painting and don't think twice about it. Hope this info gives people some good ideas to save their bikes. Oh and the number one way to help out, keep your bikes locked up at all times.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
i would of fought for that bike back regardless if it was stolen or not if it wasn't me that stole it and some guy comes up to me and says yo u got my bike that was stolen last year id say Fu&k You!!!
Posession of stolen property over $5000, class D felony. You lose.

Not to mention you'd probably get your face kicked in, tough guy.

Finally, please learn to use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation or go away.

cbrbighit

Chimp
May 10, 2007
Posession of stolen property over $5000, class D felony. You lose.

Not to mention you'd probably get your face kicked in, tough guy.

Finally, please learn to use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation or go away.
im glad you know you title 39 stolen property laws thought u were a photographer!

2nd i know for a fact that i wouldnt get my face kinked in by george let alone a photographer like you so dont talk sh$t and if you have nothin to say about the post then dont write n e thing. i was saying what i would do not threatening n e 1.

lastly this isnt a proper spelling and grammar board. did you really have to waste your time to write about how i should learn to spell properly

is this how im supposed to write
You're 12. what the hell do you know? :rolleyes:

rolleyes hahahaha thats cool

well whenever you see a post that say CBRBIGHIT DONT read it i wouldnt want you to roll your eyes when you read my sppeelliinnggg!!!

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I don't quite understand how you can be convicted if you buy something thats stolen that you didn't know was stolen. Thats just stupid.

Anyway, that kid probably did steal it, as mentioned most people would have fought over it. I was standing around listening to what everyone was saying. Sucks for the kid if he actually did buy it, that sounds kinda BSy tho.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
im glad you know you title 39 stolen property laws thought u were a photographer!

2nd i know for a fact that i wouldnt get my face kinked in by george let alone a photographer like you so dont talk sh$t and if you have nothin to say about the post then dont write n e thing. i was saying what i would do not threatening n e 1.

lastly this isnt a proper spelling and grammar board. did you really have to waste your time to write about how i should learn to spell properly

is this how im supposed to write
You're 12. what the hell do you know? :rolleyes:

rolleyes hahahaha thats cool

well whenever you see a post that say CBRBIGHIT DONT read it i wouldnt want you to roll your eyes when you read my sppeelliinnggg!!!
As you (hopefully) grow up, you will realize how inane your 1st post was, and how you dutifully compounded it with the above post.

We all need to learn to shut up every now and then!

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
George does not ride for ironhorse anymore, he rides for the cannondale cut team.

i spoke with george today about it and he is really happy. he said the bike looked in the same condition it was stolen in just had some rusty bolts.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
the thing that I do, is to put your name and phone number and serial number on a piece of paper. Take your BB out, and put the paper in the BB shell. Put the BB back in and you are in good shape for proving a bike is yours when stolen. I have gotten one back with that as proof! The bike was stolen out of my van along with ~$350 worth of cds, never got the cd's back but oh well!

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
the thing that I do, is to put your name and phone number and serial number on a piece of paper. Take your BB out, and put the paper in the BB shell. Put the BB back in and you are in good shape for proving a bike is yours when stolen. I have gotten one back with that as proof! The bike was stolen out of my van along with ~$350 worth of cds, never got the cd's back but oh well!
I did the same thing with my Hutch Pro Racer years ago using a Bike shop business card stuffed into the seat post.

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river
anyway i know it was his bike and all but that was last year and he probably can get as many as he wants so y not just let him keep it and thats it. i would of fought for that bike back regardless if it was stolen or not if it wasn't me that stole it and some guy comes up to me and says yo u got my bike that was stolen last year id say Fu&k You!!!
oh thats a good excuse. just because the man's bike was stolen last year doesnt mean he should let the kid keep it.
are you mental?
if someone stole money from a rich person last year, does that mean he should be able to keep it because the person he stole it from already has money?
if you stole my bike from last year and said "fu*k you" to me, i would kick your f-ing teeth in, then proceed to beat the sh*t out of you with the bike you stole from me.
'nuff said

cbrbighit

Chimp
May 10, 2007
oh thats a good excuse. just because the man's bike was stolen last year doesnt mean he should let the kid keep it.
are you mental?
if someone stole money from a rich person last year, does that mean he should be able to keep it because the person he stole it from already has money?
if you stole my bike from last year and said "fu*k you" to me, i would kick your f-ing teeth in, then proceed to beat the sh*t out of you with the bike you stole from me.
'nuff said
damn alot of people on this board love to make threats to people that just write something and how they would handle it you guys really new to get of the comp and use your time for something else. i almost wanna steel your bike just to see if my teeth do get bashed in!!! n e way, so if some random dude comes up to me and says that yo thats my bike should i give it back regardless if its a pro or just some normal guy! what i was saying was if someone say that to me i would say fu*k you because i dont care if he SAYS its his bike or not i just bought it and its mine if the cops wanna get involved then that would be better cause we could really see whats going on. i guess if i want a new bike i should go up to anyone at diablo and say hey thats my bike give it back nah thats not how it works. the bike was still there after a few runs so what? the kid that supposedly bought it just said oh george heres your bike back BYE and thats it he just gave it up like that he probably did steal it any other person would of done something so thats y i was telling everyone what i would do i wasnt trying to be TOUGH so TRANSCEND and DEADATBIRTH need to calm down. Go for a RIDE instead of wasting ure time here making threats to me!!! u know this is a bike forum so you should be riding a bike!! at least once in a while!!! take your mind off of things, its only a forum

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
damn alot of people on this board love to make threats to people that just write something and how they would handle it you guys really new to get of the comp and use your time for something else. i almost wanna steel your bike just to see if my teeth do get bashed in!!! n e way, so if some random dude comes up to me and says that yo thats my bike should i give it back regardless if its a pro or just some normal guy! what i was saying was if someone say that to me i would say fu*k you because i dont care if he SAYS its his bike or not i just bought it and its mine if the cops wanna get involved then that would be better cause we could really see whats going on. i guess if i want a new bike i should go up to anyone at diablo and say hey thats my bike give it back nah thats not how it works. the bike was still there after a few runs so what? the kid that supposedly bought it just said oh george heres your bike back BYE and thats it he just gave it up like that he probably did steal it any other person would of done something so thats y i was telling everyone what i would do i wasnt trying to be TOUGH so TRANSCEND and DEADATBIRTH need to calm down. Go for a RIDE instead of wasting ure time here making threats to me!!! u know this is a bike forum so you should be riding a bike!! at least once in a while!!! take your mind off of things, its only a forum
please try and steal my bike. its a black '07 Uzzi w/ a 36 Talas on it.
if someone like Ryan says someone stole his bike, then im assuming he's probably right. i can only assume that since there aren't too many bikes like his, then seeing one almost identical, if not identical to his, then he is well within his right to call some douche out.
and i can understand what you would do in the situation, i was just telling you what i would do....kick your f-ing teeth in.
and youre right, i need to ride my bike more often. i mean riding every weekend since May isnt enough...honestly it isnt
and im not all talk..ill be at diabloween on sunday if you wanna put your adolescent mouth to the test.
i called you out because i dont have patience for people like you who think theyre in the right all the time

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
please try and steal my bike. its a black '07 Uzzi w/ a 36 Talas on it.
if someone like Ryan says someone stole his bike, then im assuming he's probably right. i can only assume that since there aren't too many bikes like his, then seeing one almost identical, if not identical to his, then he is well within his right to call some douche out.
and i can understand what you would do in the situation, i was just telling you what i would do....kick your f-ing teeth in.
and youre right, i need to ride my bike more often. i mean riding every weekend since May isnt enough...honestly it isnt
and im not all talk..ill be at diabloween on sunday if you wanna put your adolescent mouth to the test.
i called you out because i dont have patience for people like you who think theyre in the right all the time
hahaha yo is it really worth going to jail for beating up a 12 year old internet tough guy? :rofl:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I did the same thing with my Hutch Pro Racer years ago using a Bike shop business card stuffed into the seat post.
I wish I'd done the same with my Hutch Pro-Racer.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - I miss it! And my Race Inc seatpost, and my CW bars... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

:twitch:

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
sounds like someone has more money than patience, a new intense, a new foes? damn I want his job, or then again is he really god? does he just wish for these $5k masterpieces? Let there be bike, and bike there was, Let there be better bike, and better bike there was. But hell if he's giving away his intense I'll take it. PM me I'll give you the address where to ship it to. Thanks in advanced.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sounds like someone has more money than patience, a new intense, a new foes? damn I want his job, or then again is he really god? does he just wish for these $5k masterpieces? Let there be bike, and bike there was, Let there be better bike, and better bike there was. But hell if he's giving away his intense I'll take it. PM me I'll give you the address where to ship it to. Thanks in advanced.
well, that's what happens when you have a full time job, you get a thing called a "paycheck". This "paycheck" gives you whats commonly known in society as "money". This "money" can, in turn, be exchanged for goods and services. "Bicycles" happen to fall among the things that "money" can be exchanged for. Does this concept sound familiar?

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
well, that's what happens when you have a full time job, you get a thing called a "paycheck". This "paycheck" gives you whats commonly known in society as "money". This "money" can, in turn, be exchanged for goods and services. "Bicycles" happen to fall among the things that "money" can be exchanged for. Does this concept sound familiar?
what is steves job?

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
it is hard for some people to comprehend this concept Jon, so we must bear with them.