Quantcast

>>> Get on the road day <<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
another hot day in store. 61 at 3 am going to 100+. Slammed with transports today with 17 of them. With this heat I'm going to need more beer in the fridge. Bike lights batteries recharged for tomorrow morning pre dawn road ride,

now back to my regularly scheduled espresso consumption..............

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
More hydraulic cylinders, luckily I had help today coz I don't think I could have lifted these ones out without injury.
Winter is supposed to be a cruisy time where I get called out to replace batteries and clean up connections.
Got a head gasket or head to do on a Perkins diesel pretty soon, it was supposed to be at the shop already but hasn't shown.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, internet brethren. I slept ok besides having to pee three times. Swam 3200 yards this morning and got a 5K race tonight. Been hitting the bike workouts hard lately and it'll be interesting to see if that helps my 5K. I'll be happy to break 20:00 again. Closer to 19 would be better.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bike to work day in CO, I don't think I need it to go 10 yards. So maybe I'll ride later instead :)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
"Feels" like 90f before 8am. Need to hydrate today in prep for tonights ride. Perhaps a swim in the pond after?

I am really not looking forward to the wedding on Saturday. Ugh.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Usually don't need an alarm to wake up, but today I slept til 830. Oof. Good thing I WFH, so its NBD. But I needed that, been tired AF the past week or so, despite having adequate time in bed.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Bike to work day in CO, I don't think I need it to go 10 yards. So maybe I'll ride later instead :)
I am starting my day WFH but shall "ride" in in a bit along the greenway to represent Team Ridemonkey

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Coffee.

The position I interviewed for yesterday was not at all what I was expecting; it was even better: A leadership position on the building side of the company (they also design/install solar and develop property for leasing). Waiting for the offer now...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
stayed up too late uploading images to a publisher. may have also been drinking beers while waiting for files to upload. i think my laptop is about to die due to having too many large files on it. ugh.

will roll into work in a bit to see what's what. then home to pack for maine and to watch the kiddo at a dive meet. new kitchen sink is supposed to arrive sometime today. but first another coffee and need to get some plants watered. gonna be hawt out there, yo.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Didn't end up getting the Rustic Reubano last evening - went for the Route 66 burger

Street Corn, Hatch Green Chiles, Garlic Aioli, Lettuce & Tomato on a Cheeseburger

1655908497491.png

And their loaded russets... so tasty.

1655908524252.png

May have also ingested too many beers and wobbled my way home on the bike path.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Today's pointless trip to the office is shaping up to be beyond pointless so Imma head home shortly. Not even the cheap cafeteria food is worth staying for another minute. God I hate corporate life.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am alive, starting to feel better and trying to feel alive. Mowed a bit of the lawn which felt good to be active. I may try some light cycling tomorrow. Coughing is almost gone and fatigue is dwindling.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Moved a bunch of big rocks with digging bars last night. The local gravel rail trail goes through an old cut that's collapsing in. It has narrowed the trail tighter than a wheel chair can get through. We fixed that and I am sore as shit today. At least I didn't tear any rib tissue this time.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Lots of bikes on the racks this morning at work. Beautiful weather.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Are you still with the same company?
I'm still with the company i joined on 1/1, but they fired my hiring manager and killed the project i was hired for a month ago so I'm in an effing limbo, way overqualified for the shitty tasks I'm given now. The pay is good so i have that going for me, otherwise it's a fucking Donbass. :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Layla's knee follow up this am. Apparently she's healing, but still needs to stay calm, so gates are going back up. K1 has gift cards on super sale, so off to buy them today. Gotta love dropping massive cash hits. And locking in losses for tax purposes in my non-retirement accounts today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Here. Layla's knee follow up this am. Apparently she's healing, but still needs to stay calm, so gates are going back up. K1 has gift cards on super sale, so off to buy them today. Gotta love dropping massive cash hits. And locking in losses for tax purposes in my non-retirement accounts today.
If you need another gate I think we've still got one with extension that puts it to ~6' wide. Our DSO just jumped over it when we tried to keep her behind it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am apparently going to an Amazon summit thing in downtown Toronto tomorrow.

Get the day off work, but catching the train at 6am isn't going to be thrilling.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
"Feels" like 90f before 8am. Need to hydrate today in prep for tonights ride. Perhaps a swim in the pond after?

I am really not looking forward to the wedding on Saturday. Ugh.
feels like 88° here now... severe t-storm warning in effect too. I just shut the windows and turned on the AC.

Ordered sushi for lunch. This afternoon is my oldest boy's 'graduation' ceremony from grade school. It's kind of unbelievable how quickly they grow...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Today's pointless trip to the office is shaping up to be beyond pointless so Imma head home shortly. Not even the cheap cafeteria food is worth staying for another minute. God I hate corporate life.
:stupid:

Pretty much every trip to the office is this way for me. I just make sure I am seen by key folks so they know I was there.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm still with the company i joined on 1/1, but they fired my hiring manager and killed the project i was hired for a month ago so I'm in an effing limbo, way overqualified for the shitty tasks I'm given now. The pay is good so i have that going for me, otherwise it's a fucking Donbass. :(
Oh damn, this also sounds like me. The position I was hired for has stalled, my manager quit, then his manager quit. So now the director of engineering is acting software manager and it's a hot mess. We went from G1 to G2, now we have a "GA" that nobody seems to know what variation it is, either based on G1 or G2 and if GA features need to be ported to G1/2. :panic:

But the pay and WFH are choice.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also the left rear corner of my back yard is flooding. It's been unusually damp back there, but I figured it was just poor drainage. Then yesterday not only was there standing water but it was gurgling from the retaining wall.

I pulled out a few of the bricks and am waiting for it to flow again to see which neighbor it might be. Guessing a busted sprinkler maybe?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Also the left rear corner of my back yard is flooding. It's been unusually damp back there, but I figured it was just poor drainage. Then yesterday not only was there standing water but it was gurgling from the retaining wall.

I pulled out a few of the bricks and am waiting for it to flow again to see which neighbor it might be. Guessing a busted sprinkler maybe?
Probably buried more likely.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Probably buried more likely.
The house behind us is about 4 feet up next door is not quite 2 feet. My guess is it's the house behind Dave's next door.

There is a French drain running behind the retaining wall and I believe one below it as well. But I had standing water about 10 feet out from the corner. The dirt is drying out, it was soaked when I pulled the bricks.

PXL_20220622_180324408.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Goddamn Sumsung bullshit again. Just fixed my dryer, power went out and now the microwave doesn't work.

Thinking I'm just throwing shit away and replacing with non-shitty applianced, no more fixing bullshit.
I have a Goldstar microwave that I bought used for $5 in 1998. It will not die, I have gone out of my way to kill it and it will not. I now exclusively wash it by dragging it into the driveway and hitting it with the powerwasher, seems to work better afterwards.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I have a Goldstar microwave that I bought used for $5 in 1998. It will not die, I have gone out of my way to kill it and it will not. I now exclusively wash it by dragging it into the driveway and hitting it with the powerwasher, seems to work better afterwards.
My old yellowed Magic Chef was unkillable as well, but I have a new fancy house, with new fancy appliances, and they fucking suck.