Quantcast

Gettin' Dirty in Mammoth (not dial-up friendly)

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Pegboy said:
Mammoth was fun. I am glad I ran into you guys but you missed a kodak moment involving me clipping a pedal on the compression of the step up at the top of velocity. After this point I clipped the top of the landing with my front wheel in a barrel roll position and rag dolled 20' or so down the transition in front of 5 or so spectators who thought I was dead...It was glorious!
Definitely some good trails there, I only wish we lived closer.
Definately good times......I wish I had seen that crash! :D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dfinn said:
seemed bigger than that to me, but I didn't stop to measure. I knew I wouldn't be hitting it.
That's why I was asking the temper.

I've seen pics of that drop that look like 2 feet and others that look like 10 feet. The one with temper standing there was the first one I've seen that offers any real perspective. I can't ask an honest question without summoning the krakon from the depths of the medieval oceans.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Oh mang, that was a fun trip!

I don't care what the measurements are of what but almost all trails there that point downwards are fun. DC-10 is a promising new trail.

Oh and those goggles are Adidas Yodais in neon-orange frames with amber and smoked lenses! Blatant sponsor plug.. :thumb: and no Hutchinsons suffered a flat except when lovebunny was changing tubes in the parking lot! :nope:

good times!

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo said:
That's why I was asking the temper.

I've seen pics of that drop that look like 2 feet and others that look like 10 feet. The one with temper standing there was the first one I've seen that offers any real perspective. I can't ask an honest question without summoning the krakon from the depths of the medieval oceans.
it's much more than 2ft and probably a little bit less than 10. i bet it's pretty similar to that drop you hit on jackie chan, but without the sandy landing.

there's got to be a good story why you are referring to him as temper?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Orvan said:
Oh mang, that was a fun trip!

I don't care what the measurements are of what but almost all trails there that point downwards are fun. DC-10 is a promising new trail.

Oh and those goggles are Adidas Yodais in neon-orange frames with amber and smoked lenses! Blatant sponsor plug.. :thumb: and no Hutchinsons suffered a flat except when lovebunny was changing tubes in the parking lot! :nope:

good times!
i only popped one. you popped THREE!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
And this time you didn't have to load any of my friends (slugman) into the Medical/Bike-patrol trucks. ;)

Sorry Slug...

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
BillT said:
DC-10 wasn't open when Rob and I were there several weeks ago...what is the trail like?
it opened like at 4:30 on Friday afternoon. I didn't get to ride it either :(

here is a quote from Manwithgun:
manwithgun said:
It's soon to be one of the better trails: skid marks/break through/DC-10. Kinda like a steep dual course made of kitty litter and baby powder; then the lower section opens up a bit throught the trees with some of the better dirt that can be found in Mammoth. Only downside is all of the dead trail (flat) that you're left with trying to get back to the shuttle; much better to just pedal back to the G and repeat.