Quantcast

Gettin into FR... What kinda bike?

mroneeyedboh

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
hha yeah my budget is low, i was thinking about just getting a banshee morphine. they are like 250 used..

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
The only thing about a Morphine is that they weigh a TON. You likely won't break one, but there is a good chance one could break you -especially if you want to earn your turns and ride up every now and then.

Honestly, if it was my first FR bike, I'd go with something with around 6 and 6 for travel. The Transition Preston is really nice. The Dirtbag is pretty much the same as a Kona Stinky, as is the Trek Session 7 or 77. The IH 7.3, 7.5 is also a great choice. The Kona Stinky is a given. You might also try a C'Dale Gemini. The can be had for not all that much $ used (just avoid the 03 model year). Don't get a boutique bike at first. You will spend too much for something that will get thrashed al to hell and you won't really appreciate the kinds of advantages they can give.

mroneeyedboh

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
i ay have to get that travis from ya. but i think im going morphine just because its like 200-250. but that imp. is deff a good price from what ive seen..