Quantcast

getting a bike.

skylinex0

Chimp
Aug 21, 2008
okay so im sorta new to this. i have been riding bmx for about 7 months now. so im starting to get into mountain biking which i tend to like more. i started out with a friend doing it before bmx but for what ever reason i went with bmx.

Im going to be doing Downhill, trails(not really dirt jumps), and free riding and stuff like that.

so im wondering would a specialized HARDROCK be good for me?
if not what bikes do you have in mind for around 600

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
okay so im sorta new to this. i have been riding bmx for about 7 months now. so im starting to get into mountain biking which i tend to like more. i started out with a friend doing it before bmx but for what ever reason i went with bmx.

Im going to be doing Downhill, trails(not really dirt jumps), and free riding and stuff like that.

so im wondering would a specialized HARDROCK be good for me?
if not what bikes do you have in mind for around 600
A good hardtail (front suspension only) will be cheap enough and durable enough to get you started. When something breaks, upgrade it!

A Hardrock is decent, but try and check out some local bike shops (LBS) and see what other options they have for your price range. Take a few test rides on some different bikes to get the right feel for you.

Another option, but comes with a buyer beware disclaimer, is finding a used bike. But only deal locally in this arena with bikes you can get your hands on and test out.

icon27

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
Longmont Colorado
If your doing DH you need a full suspension. You can get a used Specialized BIGHIT for $600 to $1000 on craigslist. Thats where I would start. Craigslist is the best way to get a deal. I bought a Giant Reign X1 at the LBS it was $2600. I got it for $1500 in excellent condition on craigslist. goodluck