Quantcast

Getting better everyday!! (kid riding pics)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Can you tell that i'm a proud dad?!! :D It seems like the only chance i get to post on here anymore has something to do about my kids.

Anyway, i was out riding in the parking lot w/ my son today and he decides that he want's to do what daddy does off of the little drop in thingy. ( i like to jump out over this little rolling drop when i'm tooling around in the parking lot). He's been practicing his skills with hitting ramps and stuff....getting better at pulling up, but when i saw him hit this drop i nearly cried i was so happy! he hit it a few times and got off the ground a little bit but then i put a little kicker stick at the lip of it to give him some boost. he went so far the first time that he landed in the flat and crashed. he figured it out after that and stuck the landing almost every time thereafter.

so anyway, here are some pics of my rad 4 yr old son LAUNCHING a little drop/roll in. :thumb: :D

the preload....check his form

actually in the air and looking smooth

a smooth, rear wheel down first, landing

and here are some vid stills of one of his crashes. he dusted himself off on this one and came back to hit it several more times before dinner.

starting to lose it

uh oh

BAM!! (full face helmet on order, btw)

that's it for now......i just wish they made a mini that would fit him.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Holy crap that's awesome! The second pic looks killer, he's all focused smooth. :evil: The next generation of ripper, for sure.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
HRDTLBRO said:
Holy crap that's awesome! The second pic looks killer, he's all focused smooth. :evil: The next generation of ripper, for sure.
yeah, when most of his peers were watching barney, he was watching bike vids with me. his first word was "bike" :D so i guess he's kinda bred for it. heck , he probably would've been riding his bike at 3 if he didn't TRY to crash so much. he loved the crash sections on the vids so much that that was all he wanted to do.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
That's so cool! I can't wait for my son to get old enough to ride! Maybe his first 'real' bike will be a mod trials bike.... :sneaky:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Awesome pics man! :thumb:

I'm sure you've posted it in the past, but how old is your kid? I've got a 2 year old daughter who got her first real bike (a tricycle) this summer. I can't wait till she's on 2 wheels.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
jacksonpt said:
Awesome pics man! :thumb:

I'm sure you've posted it in the past, but how old is your kid? I've got a 2 year old daughter who got her first real bike (a tricycle) this summer. I can't wait till she's on 2 wheels.
he's 4, and yes, it's absolutely the best feeling in the world when your kid takes off on two wheels for the first time

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
pixelninja said:
That's awesome.

How's life with the new baby?
not as tough as i thought it would be. i guess after two you're kinda used to the daily diaper/feeding grind. although, today was the first day that i've ridden somewhere other than my parking lot in almost a month. :(

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
ALEXIS_DH said:
AWESOME!!! 10 point techinique.

somehow i see the launch very bender-esque. like in NWD3

.....except my kid made the drop :D :evil:

btw, i built a small kicker ramp today...he's launching it even further and only crashed once today. a neighborhood 9 year old kid ate some grass on his second attempt......so my son helped him up, told him it was ok to crash and gave him some pointers for next time. then the next time the other kid hit it and made landed it, he cheered him on! i'm so stoked that he's got the attitude started out right. :thumb:

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
That's awesome Brandon. I think Noah learned crashing from watching YOU.

BTW, there was nothing at the grands worth a damn. Next year hit up the race in Tanglewood.
Go to the south forum and check out Katie's collarbone.