Quantcast

<$>GetupalreadySunday<$>

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Track was done. Haley is getting more comfortable with her kart. Will pull out of practice when she wants a break, so showing some maturity developing. Her glove and suit started to separate, so she pulled off to get them fixed. Which is what we want to see from her regarding safety. Kart is having idle issues, so I need to figure that out before our next trip. Ie. Need to learn about how to adjust the idle.

Also need to order a lap computer and transponder, so getting ready to bend over and get reamed on that...

Last edited:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Mid-sixties and sunny with a cool breeze today - perfect weather for a ride. Was a good one with some notable exceptions:

A pedal strike on a rock that was hard enough to launch me out of position in the saddle, resulting in attempted anal penetration by said saddle.

Hikers camped out in blind and/or very technical corners. Almost hit 2 groups of hikers, on 3 occasions.

Time for beers and naps.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Also need to order a lap computer and transponder, so getting ready to bend over and get reamed on that...
Look at AIM. Should there be an issue they have very good customer service but I never had an issue with their timers/transponders.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
dude there are a bunch of non flow trails at thunder. like more than half? i liked em. but i can see if you go there a bunch they might get a bit old...is there really nothing else near you? they need to bring sunday river back.
I am a big fan of thunder and think they may be one of if not the very best park in new england. Still, even you have 6 remarkable trails, those trails are going to get clapped out after 4 years with no changes. I like their trails and I like their park, but there was something to adventuring around a mountain using the lift to get up. That was why I used to love plattekill- you could just "wander" around the mountain all day and pick your trails by feel, sometimes barely riding the same trail twice. I got that same feeling at sugarbush, attitash, Jiminy, whiteface etc....most of those mountains are closed at this point. Highland and Thunder don't feel the same- manufactured tracks that ride the same and never branch, clapped out after 4+ years. I like some of the newer stuff, but it seems either very flat (wine tree) or ultra steep and clapped. I didn't like Killington back when so I haven't been back...attitash is closed, jiminy is allegedly poorly maintained, whiteface is closed...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone know a quick fix for a droopy dropper ? My KS Lev integra is sagging a bit. Needs to get shipped off at some point for a proper repair.
On a KS Lev that will need to be a new cartridge. Never pick the bike up by the saddle if it's dropped.
That was why I used to love plattekill- you could just "wander" around the mountain all day and pick your trails by feel, sometimes barely riding the same trail twice.
I used to love that about Platty too. One of the best runs I ever had there was when I lost track of the group of friends I was with and headed off down random trails ending up on the opposite side of the mountain from where the lift was running that day. I joked afterwards that if I'd crashed no one would have ever found me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am a big fan of thunder and think they may be one of if not the very best park in new england. Still, even you have 6 remarkable trails, those trails are going to get clapped out after 4 years with no changes. I like their trails and I like their park, but there was something to adventuring around a mountain using the lift to get up. That was why I used to love plattekill- you could just "wander" around the mountain all day and pick your trails by feel, sometimes barely riding the same trail twice. I got that same feeling at sugarbush, attitash, Jiminy, whiteface etc....most of those mountains are closed at this point. Highland and Thunder don't feel the same- manufactured tracks that ride the same and never branch, clapped out after 4+ years. I like some of the newer stuff, but it seems either very flat (wine tree) or ultra steep and clapped. I didn't like Killington back when so I haven't been back...attitash is closed, jiminy is allegedly poorly maintained, whiteface is closed...
blue has only been putting in flow trails. they really only have 3/4 proper dh trails. and only 2 of those are any good.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Had a great ride today, this spring has been tough as it’s rained so much and I’m definitely not feeling in peak form. Today was 95% dry though, most trails getting a bit dusty with the very occasional ‘where is this little stream coming from?’ moments.

Did some trails I don’t normally ride, and got 9th all-time on one of them, which was nice, but more pleasingly, I have been working on my peak-to-carpark run for a while now (three trails linked) and today I got my personal 3rd fastest of all time but more importantly I got 2nd fastest this year, which is what really counts as there have been a lot of changes, both in terms of built features and especially erosion over the year as it’s been so wet. I actually prefer it now as it’s quite a bit more rocky and gnar than it was before winter when a lot of maintenance was done that made some bits really smooth. Pretty stoked with that result anyway.

My arms were shot though, need to double down on the forearm exercises again. The dude who has the record is one of the consistently fastest on many trails, and on this one he’s in a bit of a different league.

Seem to have done something to the back of my upper arm too, think I strained it extending the front into a weird drop/corner situation. Worth it though!

3575BF7E-CAEE-445F-9227-FDDC1C129325.jpeg

6717D9BA-6784-4AC2-BB94-E7A4A1DA4960.jpeg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Currently playing a delightful round of Discover What's Wrong with Your Bike Next. Looks like the cranks have been lose for a bit. Also forgot my allen wrenches and have to use a folding set I found trail side some years ago. Yay.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I just spent 75 minutes on the hoist 210 torture machine. Five rotations of the following sets. That last rotation was brutal especially the last few reps of each set. it burns priest it burns... still, at 66 I can't complain too much
Bench Press 20 reps
Upright Rows 20 reps
Mid Rows 20 reps
Lat Pull downs 20 reps
Ab Crunches 40 reps
Leg extensions 20 reps
leg curls 20 reps each leg
Leg press 40 reps
biceps curls 20 reps
lateral abs 20 reps each direction
Kettle bell Flys 20# 20 reps