Quantcast

GFF's Race across america thread.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Remember, use a revolving stack of fake ID's to avoid paternity suits.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Smashing out the miles, several night rides here and there.

joined the Classic climbing Challenge on strava, should be pretty damn easy since I am allready hammering out 3-5 grand of elevation a day.

Digging the Garmin 800, should have bought it way sooner.

The new tarmac is an amazing bike.

putting off using the carbon wheelsets since I am doing so much high speed descents and don't feel like burning up the aeros before race time.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I saw you called me yesterday. Call me back if you need something.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Remember to stretch first. I don't want you to get a cramp before you leave the Pacific Time Zone and stuff.

<edit> Do they factor for time change, or does that count against your overall? Might want to race West next time.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I told my Dad about you and showed him your posts here on RM. In the process he read some of my posts. He asked me why I was such an asshole....

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Staying here in Sedona for the weekend, saw a van with two riders stopping on 89 yesterday.

This morning, saw this outside our hotel room.

Guessing its for the RAAM. Good luck GFF!

IMG_20120615_080523.jpgIMG_20120615_080544.jpg

gonefirefightin

free wieners
made it through inspections without a hitch yesterday. but had to go to the ER last night.

day before yesterday I got stung by a bee on a recon ride of the route. although I am not allergic and never have been I seem to have had a infection from the bite. my left arm swelled up so much it popped my watch band and became infected. got an IV with a bag antibiotics and some a script for some antibiotics for the rest of the trip. told the doc I was starting the race tomorrow regardless of what his advice was so he double dosed me.

if you look at the arm in this photo you can see the swelling clear back to the elbow

Let the doping allegations begin

gonefirefightin

free wieners
OK peeps! its game time, we roll off the start line tomorrow in a battlefield manner in order to destroy the finish line in Annapolis MD. you can follow our progress 24/7 with the team tracker http://team4mil.org/trackers/wounded-warriors-tracker/ and Race Across America has a channel on youtube for media updates http://www.youtube.com/user/RAAMmedia?feature=g-all-u

we are team T813 and I am racer # T813G you can track the team status on the RAAM website here http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/raam/rcrank.php?s_N_category_group=2&s_N_Race_ID=1&N_webcat_id=109

I will be posting up as much as I can through the week. Wish us luck and a safe race race!